Jasman0717

Schwarzenegger calls for $14.3 billion in Tax, revenue hikes

10 posts in this topic

At least some action is being taken. Who don't politicians work for free :blink:

Schwarzenegger calls for $14.3 billion in tax, revenue hikes

posted by Martin Wisckol, Politics reporter

Here’s the new budget proposal issued by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The Associated Press summary: “The administration’s proposal calls for $14.3 billion in tax increases and other new revenue, and $17.4 billion in spending cuts over the next 18 months. It also relies on borrowing and a plan the Legislature approved earlier this year to sell bonds to Wall Street investment firms based on the future value of the state lottery….

“It would raise the state sales tax from 5 percent to 6.5 percent starting March 1, lasting through December 2011. It also would expand the sales tax to services such as vehicle and appliance repairs and veterinary services, boost taxes on alcoholic drinks and tax oil production in the state.

“Schwarzenegger’s plan also would decrease the dependent income tax credit and increase vehicle registration fees.”

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

grab ahold of your wallet now, it may be the last time you'll see it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I have heard that auto registrations will triple. ugh :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

One question my politicians never answered me is how did this state get by 30 years ago? Had nice roads with a nickel a gallon gas tax, property taxes were a mere 300-400 bucks on a $50K home, registration on vehicles was ten bucks, we had nice schools, if a teacher quit, over 1,500 applicants for that job. 3% sales tax on only a limited number of hard good purchases, no sales tax on any food or clothes, virtually free state parks with very good service, fishing and hunting licenses were only a couple of bucks, low cost college tuition, the list goes on.

So I wrote my governor and asked them if they had records as to exactly what happened the last 30 years, with 52 cents a gallon gas tax, can't even plow the roads. Anything you tossed out in the garbage was picked up, today have to pay a bundle to get rid of a TV set, and the rest of it has to be washed and sorted, and anyway we turned, are literally being taxed to death. And even with all these new high outrageous taxes, they still fell 5.6 billion bucks short!!!

Something is wrong, bad wrong, and while he answered other letters, never answered this one, even though I have sent it several times already. If this isn't bad enough, state college tuition has gone up five grand in the last eight years, we are getting robbed blind, not by criminals, but by our government!!!

One question my politicians never answered me is how did this state get by 30 years ago? Had nice roads with a nickel a gallon gas tax, property taxes were a mere 300-400 bucks on a $50K home, registration on vehicles was ten bucks, we had nice schools, if a teacher quit, over 1,500 applicants for that job. 3% sales tax on only a limited number of hard good purchases, no sales tax on any food or clothes, virtually free state parks with very good service, fishing and hunting licenses were only a couple of bucks, low cost college tuition, the list goes on.

So I wrote my governor and asked them if they had records as to exactly what happened the last 30 years, with 52 cents a gallon gas tax, can't even plow the roads. Anything you tossed out in the garbage was picked up, today have to pay a bundle to get rid of a TV set, and the rest of it has to be washed and sorted, and anyway we turned, are literally being taxed to death. And even with all these new high outrageous taxes, they still fell 5.6 billion bucks short!!!

Something is wrong, bad wrong, and while he answered other letters, never answered this one, even though I have sent it several times already. If this isn't bad enough, state college tuition has gone up five grand in the last eight years, we are getting robbed blind, not by criminals, but by our government!!!

Politics, ain't it wonderful :unsure:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:no::help:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Word!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

The reason I left Calif. Paid 8,000 in state income tax the last year I was there (2000), and got nothing in return. I now live in NV....NO state income taxes.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

The reason I left Calif. Paid 8,000 in state income tax the last year I was there (2000), and got nothing in return. I now live in NV....NO state income taxes.

Come back, Arnie needs your help :devil:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So it's all your fault then, with 8 grand less to deal with, the legislator needed special trips and hearings to study how they can come up with that additional money, hired private consulting and accounting firms, contacted private attorneys to make sure the law they made wasn't broken. All that could easily add up to $14.3 billion, so that debt is your fault for leaving the state.