one...two...tree

An Honest Discussion About Fil/Am Relationships

104 posts in this topic

I met my wife online by accident. She lived in CDO and my friend I went to visit lived in Iligan so I invited her down for my birthday and low and behold she showed up. I was shocked in more ways than one, she was beautiful. She gets motion sickness so riding that bus 80 kilometers was rough on her. A couple of days later we went to CDO to visit her and the next think you know..... :blush:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Question 1 - for American men: Did you seek out Filipinas through a dating agency or marriage broker, and if so, why?

Question 2 - for the Filipinas: Did you ever place an ad or set up a profile with any international dating agency or marriage broker, and if so, why?

Question 3 - for the American men: What are the differences (including physical) between your Filipina spouse and your ex-wife?

Question 5 - for the Filipinas: What are the differences (including physical, age) between your kano spouse and your last boyfriend or ex-husband?

Honest answers please.

1. No.

2. Yes. I joined www.match.com, just because I wanted to meet friends in my area when I stayed in New York. The best way to go around a new place is with a local. Didn't meet my fiancee thru that though. Instead, I had a stalker.

3. No ex-wife but my Filipina fiancee has a good heart- very loving and fun to be with.

5. My USC fiancee is very responsible and the most secure person Ive ever known. He trusts me 100%. He lets me be me. My ex is the exact opposite.

Edited by STEPHnRIA

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Come on - somebody grow some balls here and honestly say they met their Filipina through a international dating site or marriage broker.

Should I make it a poll so that it's anonymous?

simmer down. your thread has only been posted for an hour. :P

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Leave the pros and cons aside cookie monster. if they match they match if not. then divorce. as long as no one is overly exploited then its quid pro quo live and let live.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Leave the pros and cons aside cookie monster. if they match they match if not. then divorce. as long as no one is overly exploited then its quid pro quo live and let live.

This is not for ridicule or condemnation using an international dating service or even marriage broker. I am hoping for an open and honest discussion about the attitudes behind what motivated those couples here to do so. :)

Question 1 - for American men: Did you seek out Filipinas through a dating agency or marriage broker, and if so, why?

seeking filipina coz i'm proud to be a part-filipino but didn't ever joined dating sites..

Question 2 - for the Filipinas: Did you ever place an ad or set up a profile with any international dating agency or marriage broker, and if so, why?

hell no!

Question 3 - for the American men: What are the differences (including physical) between your Filipina spouse and your ex-wife?

my wife is almost perfect! my ex-fiance is the exact opposite!

Question 5 - for the Filipinas: What are the differences (including physical, age) between your kano spouse and your last boyfriend or ex-husband?

he's the man! a girl could ever dream of! my family loves him.. my ex?doesn't exist!hehehe

Honest answers please.

Edited by xylide

d5muaz79s9.pngs-event.png

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

02/27/12 - NOA1 petition received(hubby's birthday!)

06/06/12 - NOA2 stating I-130 approved

06/29/12 - NVC received case

07/09/12 - case entered in the system,assigned MNL # and IIN,email add given

07/12/12 - beneficiary emailed DS-3032, auto response received

07/18/12 - AOS fee bill/paid "IN PROCESS"

07/20/12 - AOS fee bill shows "PAID", mailed AOS package

07/25/12 - received AOS

07/25/12 - IV Fee Bill Invoiced, paid $230.00 "IN PROCESS"

07/26/12 - IV Fee bill shows "PAID"

07/28/12 - mailed IV Package

08/03/12 - received DS 230 packet

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/16/12 - NVC received RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

08/22/12 - case complete!

09/26-27/12 - medical at SLMC

10/04/12 - interview

12/01/12 - Left Philippines

- NO..

- NO and never, im not into dating sites.. i dint meet my hubby there either..

- i've never been married..

- never been married.. my ex-bf is a yr younger than me and a filipino while my hubby is 6 yrs older than me and white.. my hubby is all that i want except that he's whiter than me.. :lol:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NO!

NO WAY! we didn't meet in any dating site. i am not against it but that is just not our (me and hubby) thing though :)

My ex is white, blonde and has curly hair. My wife has tanned skin, long black hair and HOT!

my loving husband is white, tall and has blonde hair. He loves and cares about me and my family so much. He is the best gift i ever had and the cutest ever in this world :) my ex? ummm darn! ,., next question please,., lol!

Honest answers please.

we answered your qs truthfully :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Come on - somebody grow some balls here and honestly say they met their Filipina through a international dating site or marriage broker.

if steven wants, it can always be moved to off topic for more lively responses.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Honest answers please.

Yes he did! because he is an Asian. After a failed marriage with 3 kids he deserves to be happy. Why not?

Yes I did, lets say... after a couple of broken relationship with PINOY why not try to join a dating site? I don't want white though and I just found what I want.

I asked my husband and he just said... beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

1_152611617l.jpg

1_143914248l.jpg

Can you tell why?

He is something huh! that's my man;) My last boyfriend is just boring!

1_618525664l.jpg

Honest answers please.

That's honestly speaking! I think that's just how magic works,huh! I don't care coz I've never been happy as this!

To add up... he is not RICH! He is just special!

Vida Taylor

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Albeit I'm not an American by physical appearance, I feel like one because I have been in America since 1973. Hence, I am responding to this question and my reply is NO. My fiancee and I have known each other for over 35 years and if she were not around, I'd probably did not care about somebody pimping herself in the Internet either!

My fiancee and ex-wife are both of mixed heritage (Filipino/Spanish) and they look and smell the same. How come, you might ask ..... my fiancee is my deceased wife's younger sister.
:star:

if steven wants, it can always be moved to off topic for more lively responses.

don't think he's looking for it to be that lively.... :P

Steven, I think we've all been honest with our replies to the questions. :yes:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

NO!

NOT EVER..

I AM HIS FIRST AND ONLY WIFE.. :yes:

EX BF IS AN EGOISTIC MONKEY..

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Too funny.... all these people answering with a capital NO so basically yelling NO as if they are saying "OMG, online dating??? me??? never!!!" as if online dating is for the desperate I guess they are thinking.

I met my fiance online, went to the RP to see her 4 times, talked to her twice a day for hours for over a year... blah, blah, blah.

My take these days on spending lots of time together before marriage: All these people who knew each other for years and years before marrying and had kids together after marriage ended up divorced... what does knowing each other for years really do? I no longer think spending years together makes any difference.... Americans, the Brits, Canadians... the industrialized world has proven it makes no difference.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.