one...two...tree

An Honest Discussion About Fil/Am Relationships

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
He was pinay.

:lol: u mean PINOY!?

pinay = girl, pinoy = guy..

:lol: hey, for all the times I've had to hear Filipinas mix he with she, I get a free pass on that mistake. :blush:

since it's new year.. yeah pass.. :lol:

but

PS:

pinoy can also be a girl.. pinoy refers to the filipino people..

but a guy can never be a pinay, unless he wants to be one.. :lol:

:lol: Ohhh...I remember there's a lot of them in the PI.

:blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm... Would you mind answering your post Mr. Fancy Pants??

i think he already did, post #67 if im not mistaken.. ;)

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

He was pinay.

:lol: hey, for all the times I've had to hear Filipinas mix he with she, I get a free pass on that mistake. :blush:

but

PS:

Charles, is Sheri beating up on you again??? :wacko: .... You are right about the Filipinas getting he and she mixed up. My wife still does that to this day. :bonk: Makes no sense to me, but I love her anyway..... :P

Timeline
He was pinay.

but

PS:

Charles, is Sheri beating up on you again??? :wacko: .... You are right about the Filipinas getting he and she mixed up. My wife still does that to this day. :bonk: Makes no sense to me, but I love her anyway..... :P

who's sheri? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

me.. :wub:

Edited by envy_me

Timeline

were you beating me up? i musta missed that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

im innocent.. :innocent:

Timeline

i musta been sleeping! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

i musta been sleeping! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

:oops: .... My mistake! Got Charles and Steven mixed up on this one. What is bad, is that I didn't have anything to drink last night. :cry:

Timeline

i musta been sleeping! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

:oops: .... My mistake! Got Charles and Steven mixed up on this one. What is bad, is that I didn't have anything to drink last night. :cry:

what you mean i didn't get some pi b&d? :crying:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Question 1 - for American men: Did you seek out Filipinas through a dating agency or marriage broker, and if so, why?

Met on Yahoo chat philippines room in 2002. Never new broker sites existed at that time as yahoo kept me busy. Only used Yahoo chat as an initial contact to meet up (with many) on an up-coming trip to PHils.

Question 2 - for the Filipinas: Did you ever place an ad or set up a profile with any international dating agency or marriage broker, and if so, why?

She too, had only used Yahoo philippines room chat to get dates for local pinoys in metro manila

Question 3 - for the American men: What are the differences (including physical) between your Filipina spouse and your ex-wife?

I'm american born pinoy.

Question 5 - for the Filipinas: What are the differences (including physical, age) between your kano spouse and your last boyfriend or ex-husband?

First marriage for both of us. All previous girlfriends were white. I'm 45 wife is 35.

Honest answers please.

Timeline
Question 1 - for American men: Did you seek out Filipinas through a dating agency or marriage broker, and if so, why?

Met on Yahoo chat philippines room in 2002. Never new broker sites existed at that time as yahoo kept me busy. Only used Yahoo chat as an initial contact to meet up (with many) on an up-coming trip to PHils.

Question 2 - for the Filipinas: Did you ever place an ad or set up a profile with any international dating agency or marriage broker, and if so, why?

She too, had only used Yahoo philippines room chat to get dates for local pinoys in metro manila

Question 3 - for the American men: What are the differences (including physical) between your Filipina spouse and your ex-wife?

First marriage for both of us. . All previous girlfriends were white.

Question 5 - for the Filipinas: What are the differences (including physical, age) between your kano spouse and your last boyfriend or ex-husband?

I'm american born pinoy. I don't speak tagalog very well. My filipina wife is 35 and I'm 45

Hi, Steven!!! Belated Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year to you, Jinky, Job and Josh.

My hubby had a profile in an international dating service but we did not meet there as he was not even looking for a Filipina but his dad encouraged him to look for a Filipina wife. Dad (my father-in-law) worked in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for several years and the Filipinas he met there that were married to Americans impressed him very much.

No, because I was not interested in meeting a guy, local or foreign. Husband and I met by chance on a Northwest flight. Talk about love made in heaven. He was flying back to the US from his third trip to the Philippines while I was flying to Florida for a short holiday.

Doug was never married before he met me.

My ex was extremely jealous and possessive. Hubby is the exact opposite.

Our 2nd X-mas together

100_3135.jpg

I did not meet my wife on an internet dating site. I didn't know anything about filipinas, the good or bad stereotypes associated with them or the Philippines. I wasn't expecting a relationship when I first met her, I just thought she was fun to chat with, but after I visited her I knew she was even more special then I imagined. I did not marry before her so I didn't have an ex-wife. The reason I didn't use a online dating service was because I wasn't even looking for a relationship at the time, let alone one with a filipina (you know what they say, love finds you when you are actively looking for it).

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Timeline

Thanks for all the great personal stories! :star: It's pretty amazing how different everyone's circumstances were for how they met - whether through a dating service, online, or just by chance meeting, yet we all share the common thread of merging the two cultures. I know for my wife and I, we have made friends with many local Fil/Am couples as well as Fil/Fil couples. In fact, we spent the holidays celebrating in a mixture of Fil/Am style.

I read somewhere that Filipinos are the second largest group of immigrants in this country - they have now surpassed the Chinese. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.