calidreamer80

The Wedding

31 posts in this topic

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TORTURE?? Nooooo way *note sarcasm* I'll give you that......blasted red tape :crying:

Ok so 6 months from the point of NOA2.......hmmmmm I think I can do that. I have been looking around and we pretty much know what venue we want, just have to book it. I let them know our situation as well so who knows how that might work out for us. :unsure:

WHY does this have to be so painful?? Why can't it be PAINLESS.....yet again is there much in life that isnt?

:no:

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Personally I wouldn't make any concrete plans until you know whether you're approved or get an RFE or whatever. Our was a strightforward case, no RFE or anything else negative, with the UK as the beneficiary country and it still took nine months.

We had the perfect wedding for us - planned it within ten days and I got my dress the day before - wouldn't have changed a thing or done anything differently if I had planned it nine months beforehand!

The best time to buy flights for family (if they're flying) is 30 days prior to travel...so I wouldn't stress too much about arrangements for family.

Unfortunately there are no guarantees about it being straightforward or about how long it may take. We're all pulling for you, knowing how you feel, wishing, hoping and praying that soon you'll get that approval notice.

Best wishes for the outcome you really want!

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had most of the planning completed before we were able to pick the date, so that most of the hard stuff was done long before we set a date. We didn't pick a date until we had the NOA2 in hand, and then guestimated. Jerry got in touch with the wedding/reception site and the photographer/videographer, and explained our situation, and they agreed to be a bit more flexible in booking (especially since it looked like we would be married on a Sunday, which is traditionally not an "in demand" day). We ended up moving it back another month, and got everything we wanted.

I know what you are feeling about having your family there. Because of the timing and the distance, only my parents and my brother could fly in. :( So we made sure to get a good videographer, and made sure we got copies for our parents, our grandparents, and my brother's family (my sis in law was too pregnant at the time to fly :( ). We do not regret that decision at all, since the video turned out perfectly, and everyone got to see it. We also flew back last September with our pictures and wedding attire, and had a couple of parties so everyone could see us all decked out and celebrate a bit. It was fun, and actually a lot more relaxing than if we had a ton of people to deal with at our wedding.

I have to admit, it wasn't what I had originally imagined for my wedding, but it ended up being perfect. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Why not plan a ceremony date for aways out, 10 months, a year from now. Then, if you get the visa sooner, get legally married once everyone's together, and then have the fancy ceremony with friends and family at a later date without the hassles.

DH and I just got legally married. We're thinking of having a party next summer, maybe summer 07 depending on our money situation. That way we can plan without the added stress of worrying about how the visa process is going. That situation is stressful enough as it is without adding wedding stresses to it.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Amen to that! See, my fiance's mother is making it difficult for me to plan the way I want. She's dead set on having a couple of handful's of his relatives there no matter what. So you see that makes more stress for me since I'm not one for big crowds anyway. If we could it have it my way, it would just be him and I and maybe our parents but that's it. She wants to bring his siblings, cousins, aunts & uncles into the whole affair. I've tried to reason with her and my fiance but it seems like things have to be HER way or no way. I don't want to lose a new family because I hurt someone's feelings u know? I mean....we thought of having a bigger ceremony once we got legally married for the visa but she's still intent on having about a dozen or so people there for that one too. I just want to elope and have it be done with but I don't think I'm going to get my way. I know she doesn't mean to make the situation more stressful but she is whether she intends to or not. I doubt most of my family will come because they can't afford to or dont have the time to go to California. I wish we could get married here but that would be against the rules since u have to get married in the States with a k-1 and not in Canada. It's all just so much more stressful than it needs to be. I don't know how to reason with anyone without feelings getting hurt. :(

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cali, you could always abandon the K-1, get married and persue the K-3. It's some $$ down the tube from the K-1 fees, but if it's easiest for you and your SO, go with it.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the simplest solution is to have a quick civil ceremony once your fiancee arrives and also plan a big formal wedding for a couple of months past when you think the visa will actually arrive. that way you can have a very high chance of the visa already having arrived and also go through with your big wedding.

But you can't have your cake and eat it too, so if you don't want to do the above then you will simply have to take a chance if you simply must have a large wedding.

by the way your hunch that your asking to have the wedding by a certain date wil do no good is correct. sorry. not to mention there could be hold ups in the process even after the approved petition leaves the service center.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

I would wait we decided to wait

Our Timeline

01/03/2006 Sent Via express mail.

01/05/2006 Received and signend by P. Novak.

01/11/2006 Still waiting.... I check everyday.

01/12/2006 Check Cashed.....

01/13/2006 Noa received on 01/13/06 Friday the 13th Ooooohhhhh.

01/27/2006 Touched.

02/10/2006 Aproved NOA 2

02/13/2006 Noa 2 emailed ..... So happy

02/15/2006 Called NVC Received new case #

02/16/2006 Received NOA 2 Snail mail.

02/17/2006 Sent to the consulate

05/10/2006 Still waiting for interview sucks

05/19/2006 Going to see my honey !!!

Yes I think I managed to get my fiance liking the idea of having a civil ceremony right away then having a bigger wedding later on. It's just telling his mom that's gonna be the hard part. Thanks for your input guys :dance:

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Don't forget (or tell yr So not to,lol) that its YOUR wedding - NOT your MIL's. I;m sure she wants to make it a perfect day, as he's her little boy, but the day is about YOU TWO.

If you can deal with a big 'something' then compromise and have her help (HELP not 'take over') planning a special family party, celebrating your union.

That way you both get what you want and she doesn't feel pushed out.

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Remember the K-1 is valid for 6 months and then you have 90 days to marry. So if you need to seriously plan you have plenty of time. However that means you will be apart for longer of course. We will not be doing any serious panning until the K-1 is in my sticky little mits!

AOS/EAD/AP Filed:2006-09-23
AP Approved:2006-10-30
EAD Approved!:2006-11-02
AOS Approved!:2007-02-12

Remove Conditions filed:2008-11-13
Green Card Received:2009-01-30

N400 Filed:2013-01-25 (Phoenix)
Biometrics:2013-02-25 (Grand Rapids)
Interview:2013-05-07(Detroit)

Oath Ceremony:2013-05-24(Marquette)

It's amazingly stressful isn't it! :yes:

We haven't even sent our paper work in yet. We have decided to send it out in may, and we have given our self about a year before we will have a wedding. Now according to some of the timelines for the Texas center it seems like that is a good plan.

We have also decided to have a small wedding...just our immediate family and then have parties in each country for all the friends and relatives. I decided that I could wear my wedding dress 3 times! :blush: Gotta get some use out of that sucker!

We, of course, just like everyone else have a hard time being away from eachother. We have our bad days and then really good days! At the end of this whole thing I will know that we worked hard to bring this together. There is nothing that will break that bond. So I will continue with my days...good or bad...and try and be patient. Believe me I am SOOO not patient.

:star:

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Well, the thing is, I don't think they even open your package to look at it until they actually begin processing it, and a lot of times (at least, this is what I think) they finish that processing in a really short amount of time, maybe even the same day. So, you can have a letter in there saying you want them to speed it up, but if they don't even open it until a couple months from now it doesn't do a lot of good. I could be completely wrong but this was kind of how I thought it went. Also, even if by some miracle they do read that letter and you get through CSC quickly there isn't anything they can do to speed up things at NVC (even though it is usually fast) and your embassy, there could be a long wait for interviews there. I know we all hope they might take pity on us and go faster but they see tons of cases every day and they can't really do any favors.

I'm REALLY not trying to be a party pooper for you (even though I know it sounds like I am), I just want you to not get your hopes up in a process that usually has quite a few bumps in the road that can derail plans. It is of course possible to make your August wedding, but for your own peace of mind I would probably bump it back. Besides, the visa is good for 6 months once issued, on top of that is the 90 days you have to get married once in the USA, so if you get it too early you have a good window there so your visa won't expire.

I'm in your same position with planning a wedding and hoping to get the visa on time, and if I could go back I would probably have bumped it up a month or so for my own (and my mothers, mostly!) peace of mind. This visa process is stressful but in the end what is important is marrying the person we love!!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

I agree with that! It is most important! I wish the process didnt have to be so complicated but those are the rules and we just gotta deal. It's hard to keep waiting considering my fiance just last night told me he thinks our relationship has grown about all it can while we are apart. We thought about the k-3 but he doesnt want to wait any longer to be together. He wont do it. He has to be together with me for our love to continue to grow. I sure do have lots of respect for ppl who persue cross-border/country relationships. It's not an easy thing and you sure do test ur strength level, dont you?? I want my wedding to be something special and not something that is thrown together at the last minute, you know? I think its more than likely we will end up having a civil ceremony or eloping to fulfill the visa requirments and then having a bigger celebration later on for family and friends. That way I can wear my dress too :D Thanks to everyone for their thoughts/ideas/support. It means mroe than you guys know.

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.