Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Don't be silly, you're not a bummer to the group. We all hope it's a case of filling a few forms and having to wait a little bit, before you get your good news.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
sorry to be the bummer of the group! :(

Friends aren't bummers to the group. We all feel your pain. I know my heart took a big slump when I read your initial note and followups.

Fill out your forms, write the letters, and get your man over here.

Godspeed to you and Paul.

Bob and Pat

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Bad news guys.

"your visa has been denied under section 212(a)(2)(a)(1) of the immigration act A waiver of the applicable is available."

I dont know what this means, my fiance told me: "I dont qualify for automatic approval its up to homeland security to approve me a waiver, only this time we both have to write letters explaining why a denial would cause extreme hardship, more forms to fill, $538 to pay, at least 15 weeks more to wait, "

We are eligible for a waiver but have to prove extreme hardship.

I am utterly heartbroken and crushed. He cannot even visit me til we get approved or denied. I am gutted! I dont know what to do! I cant be with the man i love?? I'm in tears...... Sorry to break the lucky may streak! :( :( :(

Oh no!! I'm so sorry for you. You waited so long already! :crying: I can only imagine how you feel right now.

Maybe a lawyer may be the best bet now as proving hardship may need expertise. They will know what evidence you should use.

I sincerely hope you get this waiver thru quickly. (F)

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Also want you to know that I don't think you are a bummer or anything like that. We are all here for you - these forums are both for celebration AND commiseration.

Actually, I think it's the people with bad news to share who need us more than those with good.

Hope everything works out, I wish I could be more help.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

thanks guys! talked about it more with paul, the CO just made it seem like we have a few papers to fill out n it has to be sent to DHS. he gave paul the forms we need to fill out, he's sending some for me to fill out too, plus we need letters of extreme hardship. we submit those n then Embasy will contact us with what to do with his passport.

i'll post over in waivers tomorw. havent been to bed n its after 5am. i'll need a bit of time to recover, and need sleep. nerve wracking day ended in me bawling my eyes out. i'll be ok. we'll get through this. thanks everyone! =)

you are not a bummer to the group! we are here to help and support you!! don't be sorry!

thanks guys! talked about it more with paul, the CO just made it seem like we have a few papers to fill out n it has to be sent to DHS. he gave paul the forms we need to fill out, he's sending some for me to fill out too, plus we need letters of extreme hardship. we submit those n then Embasy will contact us with what to do with his passport.

i'll post over in waivers tomorw. havent been to bed n its after 5am. i'll need a bit of time to recover, and need sleep. nerve wracking day ended in me bawling my eyes out. i'll be ok. we'll get through this. thanks everyone! =)

PB&JAM, don't be sorry! I am sorry that you both are having to go through this, but you guys will pull through, it is just a bit longer delay in the process, that's all ultimately. Fill out the forms and follow their instructions exactly. Also, check out the waivers sub-forum topic here on this website as others have recommended. We are all here to help you guys pull through! (F) (F) (F)

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam,

29th May 2009...Bob and Patricia.............K-1

June 2009 Interviews
1st June 2009....JimandChristy................K-1
1st June 2009....krystiandjon...................K-1
4th June 2009....Nik+Heather..................K-1
12th June 2009...Ellie-and-David..............K-1

Still waiting for approval 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
stevi1123..........16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation
Dave and Jess..10th March 2009 ?
The Dip Sticks..25th March 2009 ?
prima and jay...24th April 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
MARM..............12th May 2009 - Approved pending passport
PB&JAM............22nd May 2009 - Denied, to file waiver

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED
Updates/New entries/changes highlighted in blue - will go to normal color in the next update.
Please let us know if you have an Interview Date to add to the list, updated information or corrections.

-------------------
You guys have to bear with me... :blush: I reached the maximum limit of graphics because of the abundance of red stars, which is awesome, but I have to stay put until Bob&Pat's interview to start placing the red stars again! Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

I'm so sorry. We are here for celebrations, commiserations, assistance and support. You are not a bummer. And we'll all be here for anything you need.

I hope you can get everything you need together as soon as possible.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

PB&JAM- so sorry to hear your news today, like everyone has said we are all here for support and hope you find the strength to get through the waivers, it certainly sounds like it can be done. Wishing you all the luck with the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

PB&JAM, don't be sorry! I am sorry that you both are having to go through this, but you guys will pull through, it is just a bit longer delay in the process, that's all ultimately. Fill out the forms and follow their instructions exactly. Also, check out the waivers sub-forum topic here on this website as others have recommended. We are all here to help you guys pull through! (F) (F) (F)

omg, i felt my heart jump when I read your news, I know what its like to wait a bit longer, but this...........you are able to get through this. And like everyone has said, we are here to support you... I will resist the urge to give wanton advice... all i can think of right now is how you feel, how you see your future.. when you are ready for the next move the advice will be there.. xxx

as a suggestion, a lawyer is a great idea, my best mate is a very good immigration lawyer, if you want you can hit me up in private and we can talk about you getting in contact.

primandjay

Edited by prima and jay
4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thank you so much guys!! I'm getting teary just reading all your sweet messages! You guys are all super n your comfort means so much!! (L). We're gonna try n forget it for the weekend, let it sink in, then get to work on it next week.

I like that Bob n Pat, "fill out your forms and get your man here!" yes! thats what i need to do. Its only gonna be 4 more months n $500, but doesnt matter, all that matters is being with my best friend n love of my life.

On a positive note, at least the interview is over n i'm not sick to my stomach anymore haha.

Thanks guys! Wish I could give u all a big hug! (F)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Thank you so much guys!! I'm getting teary just reading all your sweet messages! You guys are all super n your comfort means so much!! (L). We're gonna try n forget it for the weekend, let it sink in, then get to work on it next week.

I like that Bob n Pat, "fill out your forms and get your man here!" yes! thats what i need to do. Its only gonna be 4 more months n $500, but doesnt matter, all that matters is being with my best friend n love of my life.

On a positive note, at least the interview is over n i'm not sick to my stomach anymore haha.

PB&JAM

I just read the posts for the last day ... I am so sorry that you need to get a waiver ...

There is nothing that I can add, because everything sensible has already been said by the lovely peeps on here. Just know that I'm thinking of you both and hoping that you get the visa soon ...

(((((BIG HUGS)))))

Moira x

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Hi to everyone else, I have been getting into life here in the US, John and I are married and right now I can see the cows lining up to get milked.

PB&JAM go immediately to the waivers forum. There are A LOT of resources there and people who can help. Its also so good to have others who understand where you are coming from, I know. There is also another website soley for waivers some of them suggest checking out www.immigrate2us.net

Like someone else mentioned, I also know an immigration lawyer here in the US...it's my dad's law partner's daughter...my mom just talked to her once to make sure I hadn't screwed anything up (I hadn't...thanks mom). But, if you want her contact info I can give it to her..you can tell her you know me haha and it should go well I hope!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Just catching up on several days of postings and saw yours...so sorry you've hit this bump in the road. Like all others here I'm sending you good thoughts and just "keep your eye on the ball"...you'll get through this.

G :luv:

Date I-129F Sent: 8-4-08
Date I-129F NOA1: 8-6-08
Date I-129F NOA2: 12-214-08
Date left NVC: 1-7-09
Packet 3: 1-23-09
Medical appt: 2-20-09
Packet 3 Returned: 3-8-09
Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 3-10-09
Interview Date: 4-24-09! PASSED :)
Visa In Hand: 4-19-09
POE in San Fran: 8-16-09!
Wedding: 09-09-09
Mailed AOS: 10-22-09 :))) (FINally)
AOS signed for: 10-26-09
Check cashed: 10-30-09
NOA I-797 (Register, EAD and Travel) for both guys: 10-30-09
Biometrics: 11-25-09
Travel Docs approved: 12-11-09
EAD Approval: 12-15-09
Travel Docs received: 12-19-09
EAD Cards received: 12-24-09
AOS Interview: 1-14-10 Passed!!
Cards ordered: 1-21-10
Cards arrived: 1-28-10
Mailed I-751: 10-17-2011
NOA I-751: 10/19/2011
Biometrics: 11/21/2011
RFE: 4-6-2012
RFE: Response sent 4/18/2012
NOA: I-797 5/1/2012
Cards arrived: 5/31/2012

N-400 Naturalization mailed: 11-12-15 :luv::joy:

NOA N-400 received: 11-18-15

Biometrics: 12-10-15
Oath/Citizen!: 03/01/2016
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.