one...two...tree

10 Highly Profitable Two-Year Degrees

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Anyone who can do a 2 year and get good grades is smart enough to do a 4 year.

If you're a CS major (for example), you're not gonna get into an Accenture or Deloitte with a 2 year degree.

True but with IT a degree is definitely not a prerequisite. I know a lot of people without a semester of college under their belt earning from $120 to $280K.

Sure, but getting into one of the big consulting firms is a piece of cake with a 4-year. They recruit you right off campus, pay you good money, you work in great projects and make awesome contacts. All that while you're still 22-24.

It really is an easy route into the profession. All you gotta do is get good grades. That's easy too.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Seriously, Kaydee - you consistently dismiss photovoltaic technology as a viable energy source regardless of how many experts say otherwise and are quite confident in your understanding and rigid opinion. I don't know where you got your engineering degree but something tells me it was a long time ago...before man had even landed on the moon. It's time to catch yourself up to modern times. Pick up the latest Popular Science magazine, or Scientific American. You'll be surprised at what you've missed.

Solar energy will never ever be anything more than a supplementary energy source.

Anyone who thinks solar power will someday power a city like LA is on crack. The North Hemisphere is quite overcast and has long dark winters. What do they use for power during that period. Rave glow sticks maybe?

Oh...geez..here we go...once more.

Look, if you're going to engage in an argument, at least figure out what the other side is arguing about. I'll even help you...Kaydee's position is that any investment into solar energy technology is a waste of time because, according to him, will never be economically feasible. So, BY - do you agree with Kaydee?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife is interested in going to school to be an RN or Dental Tech.

Seems to me, (but what do I know) the Dental tech school would be perhaps a little less demanding on someone still learning English?

Any opinions?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Seems to me, (but what do I know) the Dental tech school would be perhaps a little less demanding on someone still learning English?

Any opinions?

Have her take ESL languages at a local college, Danno. In our area, they are offered free of charge.

Filed: Timeline
Have her take ESL languages at a local college, Danno. In our area, they are offered free of charge.

What is peoples opinion of ESL programs?

It's been my observation that they do serve a purpose but hardly make people fluent or employable.

The only thing that makes a non-native speaker employable and fluent is lots and lots of practice and time.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Any opinions?

Good Choices.

Foreign Nurses work visas have beeen all used up and they are still many years out from giving out Visa's for Nurses to come into USA, see Retrogression.

Also, if your a Foreign Educated Nurse and try to get your RN in USA, you must have 4 year Bachelor Degree. In USA you can go to Nursing School and only have to have a 2 year degree in order to become a RN.

In Texas you can go to Community Colleges for your ADN in Nursing......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Aficionado has already said that Solar energy will never ever be anything more than a supplementary energy source. It's clear he doesn't agree with Katie.

AJ, please...no kissy slappy. :whistle:

miss_me_yet.jpg

Timeline

What is peoples opinion of ESL programs?

It's been my observation that they do serve a purpose but hardly make people fluent or employable.

The only thing that makes a non-native speaker employable and fluent is lots and lots of practice and time.

I think they're a good first step, but integration into a setting where the foreigner must speak and interact with natives is, IMO, the most effective way. The problem is when the foreigner lacks the confidence to take that step...that's when an ESL Class is best.

Oh...geez..here we go...once more.

Look, if you're going to engage in an argument, at least figure out what the other side is arguing about. I'll even help you...Kaydee's position is that any investment into solar energy technology is a waste of time because, according to him, will never be economically feasible. So, BY - do you agree with Kaydee?

Of course an investment in the solar industry is great. It is a rapidly progressing supplementary power source.

If anyone on the other hand says solar is the future and will solve our energy dependency, well that is a bunch of bull #######.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline
Aficionado has already said that Solar energy will never ever be anything more than a supplementary energy source. It's clear he doesn't agree with Katie.

What is not clear is whether he thinks investing in such technologies is worthwhile...as what Obama has proposed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

which agrees with the newsletter i get from my electric co-op.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

What is not clear is whether he thinks investing in such technologies is worthwhile...as what Obama has proposed.

I've made it perfectly clear. NO, "investing" in such technologies with the high expectations Obama places on these fringe technologies is ignorant and insane.

Betting this nation's energy future on these technologies is the epitomy of stupidy as they may never pan out.....

Obama keeps trying to equate the Moon missions in the 60's with developing 'pie in the sky' technologies such as Hydrogen Powered vehicles and Solar.

We went to the moon with existing technologies, not future technologies that haven't yet been invented.

Obama's comparison would be truer if he compared the Manhattan Project with his "energy plan".....There's nothing that says any of these technologies will ever be viable, just as there was never any guarantee that we could poduce the "Bomb".....

Throwing money at something guarantees nothing.......DRILL NOW, and fund these fringe elements at a lower level depending on real, not imagined or delusional expectations of success.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I've always wanted the job where you're the guy who comes out on stage right before a metal concert is about to start, makes sure the microphone stands are the right height and the guitars are all plugged in, then grabs a mic and screams "Cincinnati!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you ready to ROCKKKKKKKKKK?!?!?!?!?? Are you ready to ROCK AND FVCKING ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then you go backstage and drink whiskey, do a bunch of coke, and hump some second-rate groupie sluts in the back of the tour bus and pass out in your own vomit, all to do again the next night.

How much does that guy make?

Go listen to some free beats:

http://beatbasement.com/bb.htm