WHsoulmates

lets try to understand wt is happening in vsc

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

first of all congratulation to all approved and transfered, second of all wt the hell is going on in vsc, i hav been trying to figure it out for days now , those approvals arround the processing time update usual dates( which never came), first transfering some april, may fillers then june july and today august, ( we contacted the congressman office which acctually acts like an answering machine of vsc to shade some light on these transfers and their respond was as usual " back log" " processing dates" " special situations") wt special situations r they talking about , they created k3 so that people move faster through this procedure and now we "K3 fillers" r regretting the stupid day we decided to fill that i129F, wt shall we expect now, wt shall we do, we contacted senators, congressmen, wrote letters emails, im sorry but it is really frustrating to see people who filled in august and went through csc already in the us with a cr1 visa some of them with a job already knowing that they didnt use any shortcuts through nvc, next week is a holiday week so they usually go to SLEEP during such days, so lets hope for a new year full of approvals, we so want to be together during our first anniversary ,

bless u all vj friends

Edited by WHsoulmates

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
first of all congratulation to all approved and transfered, second of all wt the hell is going on in vsc, i hav been trying to figure it out for days now , those approvals arround the processing time update usual dates( which never came), first transfering some april, may fillers then june july and today august, ( we contacted the congressman office which acctually acts like an answering machine of vsc to shade some light on these transfers and their respond was as usual " back log" " processing dates" " special situations") wt special situations r they talking about , they created k3 so that people move faster through this procedure and now we "K3 fillers" r regretting the stupid day we decided to fill that i129F, wt shall we expect now, wt shall we do, we contacted senators, congressmen, wrote letters emails, im sorry but it is really frustrating to see people who filled in august and went through csc already in the us with a cr1 visa some of them with a job already knowing that they didnt use any shortcuts through nvc, next week is a holiday week so they usually go to SLEEP during such days, so lets hope for a new year full of approvals, we so want to be together during our first anniversary ,

bless u all vj friends

I feel you! it is really frustrating seing all the people that got throug CSC and got approvals in a couple of months :crying: but at this point we can't do anything. :protest:

Orlando.....

I-130

09/19/08 Mailed I-130

09/29/08 NOA1 Recieved

04/10/09 I-130 Approved

04/18/09 NOA2 Recieved

04/17/09 Case recieved by NVC

04/30/09 AOS Bill Recieved

04/30/09 DS-3032 Recieved

05/01/09 AOS Bill Paid

05/01/09 DS-3032 Email Sent

05/07/09 Sent I-864

05/11/09 Overnight DS-3032

05/13/09 Paid Bill IV "In Process"

05/14/09 Bill IV "Paid"

05/14/09 Overnight DS-230 Doc's

05/15/09 DS-230 recieved by NVC

05/22/09 Case on review

05/28/09 NVC requested original beneficiary divorse papers

05/29/09 Fedex RFE

06/05/09 RFE uploaded on NVC system (Finally)

06/15/09 Case Completed

06/26/09 File Left NVC

06/30/09 File arrived Embassy

07/21/09 Medical

07/22/09 CR-1 Interview Day

07/22/09 Visa Approved

xx/xx/xx Visa recieved

08/05/09 Finally home - End of Journey

09/14/09 Welcome letter and Green Card recieved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!

Not to mention all the K-1 out of VSC that got approved before us! Some of these people met like, ONCE, and know each other over the internet...and they get here faster. People who are already married are waiting around like a bunch of crazy people, hitting our heads for filing that Godforsaken K-3!

They must be using our K-3 applications to wrap their X-mas presents!

:girlwerewolf2xn:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm feeling very similar. I know many have been waiting longer than me (I filed in july), but it doesn't make it any easier when I see the k1 getting approved who filed after me. Don't me wrong that's great for them, but what is the sense of filing the k3?? I totally feel like I made the wrong decision. I am married to MY husband and have spent quite abit going to see him three times and will be going again to spend our anniversary together in March, since I highly doubt our petition will be approved. Then you call uscis to get some info and they basically read what is on the website............"on such and such a date we recieved your I130, we sent you form xyz to tell you how we would proceed, etc...." sooooo frustrating.................

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!

Not to mention all the K-1 out of VSC that got approved before us! Some of these people met like, ONCE, and know each other over the internet...and they get here faster. People who are already married are waiting around like a bunch of crazy people, hitting our heads for filing that Godforsaken K-3!

-------------------------

[url="http://daisypath.com"][img]http://daisypath.com/pic/090507/S3qn.jpg[/img][img]http://da.daisypath.com/ekPQm4/.png[/img][/url]

[color="#9932CC"]"Until the angels close my eyes, I can't imagine seeing life without you."[/color]

[size=2][color="#FFC0CB"]~Michelle~[/color][/size]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

The bottomline seems to be that if you filed K3 at VSC you are screwed. That is a blunt way of putting it, but consider this

filing at CSC vs. VSC - CSC approves the I-129F much faster (typically in 2-3 months) than the I-130 - which was the original intent of the K3 visa (to reduce the wait time for people who filed I-130).

filing K1 vs. K3 at VSC - for some reason VSC gives higher priority to K1 and approves it in 4-5 months.

filing only I-130 (IR-1/CR-1) vs. I-130 + I-129F (K3) at VSC - there is a likelihood of standalone I-130s getting transferred to CSC and therefore approved faster.

I just hope that all the transfers to CSC means that VSC is freeing up more resources to work on the K3 backlog. Of course that doesn't offer any comfort to the March/April filers who have already been waiting 8-9 months but hopefully at least the filers for May and beyond have a shorter wait ahead of them.

Deepak

Edited by RooDee

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!

You know I was approved this month, but what was bothering me before and still is, is that k1 is getting approvals so fast and we the married have to wait 1-2 or 3 years before we get our approvals?????????????? Some couples have babies and some like me lost a child and had to be alone through it all because my husband was serving in Iraq. Some thing is very WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Anyways...Bottom line is patience...K3+CR1 ppl have to have patience.....No offence to anyone...I just wish and pray we all get approved as soon as VSC can.....I am so frustrated that I lost all my interest...I never thought life would be so disastrus becuz of immigration issue after marriage....I thought we would be roaming around...make love...would be doing all those sweet things that I always dreamt of about my relationship...but, nothing yet...though my husband manages to come over twice a year...still, this waiting is really unexpected...My second anniversary is coming in March...wish me luck... :innocent:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I just got news from the constituent manager at the congressmans office regarding VSC:

SHE even started raising her voice with frustration about VSC. She said, I would like to walk in that place one time and see what they are doing with all of these petitions...are they in boxes on shelves what?!!?

She actually started talking to the congressman yesterday abotu what steps to take and who is accoutnable for their actions. we'll see if she gets anywhere

oh ya, our answer..we're still in the que and an adjudicator hasnt even touched our file

oh oh and they also told her that they just sent close to 40,000 cases to CSC to "reduce the backlog" well come the F on...VSC, how many cases do you have to send to CSC to get caught up?

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
I just got news from the constituent manager at the congressmans office regarding VSC:

SHE even started raising her voice with frustration about VSC. She said, I would like to walk in that place one time and see what they are doing with all of these petitions...are they in boxes on shelves what?!!?

She actually started talking to the congressman yesterday abotu what steps to take and who is accoutnable for their actions. we'll see if she gets anywhere

oh ya, our answer..we're still in the que and an adjudicator hasnt even touched our file

oh oh and they also told her that they just sent close to 40,000 cases to CSC to "reduce the backlog" well come the F on...VSC, how many cases do you have to send to CSC to get caught up?

Amen - what a freakin trip :wacko:

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.