khmerguy

Suggestion on I-129f and other

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

hi all, I'm planning to send I-129f some time in Jan 2009. hope that's not a busy season for them to get this form rolling. Just some questions and suggestion:

1) Does letter of intent need to be notary or just the signature is good enough?

2) Can I date letter of intent a week before i send even though she sign before that date?

3) Is this good enough to attach with I-129f

- I-129F and personal check

- G-325A and One passport style photo (Petitioner) Is one passport photo good enough?

- G-325A and One passport style photo (Beneficiary) Is one passport photo good enough?

- Copy of US Passport (Petitioner)

- Copy of petitioner US Citizenship certificate

- Copy of birth certificate (Beneficiary)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Engagement certificate

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years (Copy of plane ticket & pictures)

- Proof of ongoing relationship (Call history)

4) how many picture should I attached?

thanks

VSC K1 & N400 Timeline:

1/05/2009 Sent I-129F, G-325A + other documents as required. $455 fee
1/09/2009 NOA1 Petitioner received
4/30/2009 NOA2 Petitioner received (approved in 105 days from NOA1 3.5months)
6/08/2009 Packet 3 Petitioner received
6/20/2009 Packet 4 Petitioner received, mail everything from above forms & I-134 plus other doc as required for beneficiary
7/23/2009 Interview @ 7am, Interview passed- visa pick up July 31st
------------
9/13/2009 Arrived in JFK
9/15/2009 Applied for Marriage License $40
9/29/2009 Applied SSN (bring SS-5, Passport, & I-94). Went to local County District Court for Marriage License $38.50 fee... Officially Marriage. Received SS card in less then 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, apply for State Photo ID
--------------
10/22/2009 Mail AOS forms (I-485,G-325A,I-864,I-131, I-765, plus support doc) $1,010 fee
10/29/2009 I-797C, NOA (I-485, I-131, and I-765)
11/16/2009 I-797C, NOA, I-485 transfer to CSC - No interview
11/24/2009 Biometrics App't (I-485, I-765)
12/14/2009 I-131 Approved
12/17/2009 I-765 Approved
12/22/2009 I-485 Approval letter/Welcome to America
--------------
08/22/2011 Letter from USCIS reminding to file I-751
09/01/2011 2nd notice from USCIS reminding to file I-751
09/26/2011 Mail I-751 w/supporting doc
10/03/2011 Check cleared
10/03/2011 I-797C, NOA
11/07/2011 USCIS App't
11/07/2011 Approved
06/20/2012 GC Arrived
--------------
01/30/2013 Mail N-400, G-1145, & supporting doc
02/20/2013 Fingerprint App't
04/16/2013 Interview - PASSED

04/29/2013 Naturalization Oath Ceremony at 2pm

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
hi all, I'm planning to send I-129f some time in Jan 2009. hope that's not a busy season for them to get this form rolling. Just some questions and suggestion:

1) Does letter of intent need to be notary or just the signature is good enough? no it does not need to be notarized

2) Can I date letter of intent a week before i send even though she sign before that date? yes

- G-325A and One passport style photo (Petitioner) Is one passport photo good enough?

- G-325A and One passport style photo (Beneficiary) Is one passport photo good enough?

make sure there are 4 pages of this for each of you. yes, one photo each.

- Copy of US Passport (Petitioner). all pages

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary) original signatures

- Engagement certificate

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years (Copy of plane ticket & pictures)

how much evidence you send with the original petition has a lot to do with which Embassy you will be dealing with at interview stage. At higher fraud posts it's often recommended to send some proof of on-going/bona-fide relationship evidence along with the petition and then even more at the interview. If you are not going through a high-fraud Embassy then most people will send a few (4-8) pictures with the petition and add more for interview.

thanks

good luck

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) NO :no: No notarization of the letter of intent. Kind of hard for foreign citizen to do if there is NO notary in foreign country.

2) Yes, date on letter of intent is NOT critical.

3) List looks good, and Yes just 1 pic from beneficiary and petitioner.

4) We attached about 5 relationship pic, (ONE with foreign family)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

1) Does letter of intent need to be notary or just the signature is good enough?

2) Can I date letter of intent a week before i send even though she sign before that date?

- Copy of US Passport (Petitioner)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Engagement certificate

thanks

1---Her signature is enough -Notary is not required.....

2---Leave her signing date exactly as she signed it ..something can be signed today but it takes time in the mailing system to arrive the final destination... USCIS understands this

3--Yes you should attached personal check for its going to be your weapon to know that its been cashed and will give you an idea as to the process of your case.Because they will never cashed a check if the documents are incomplete or missing something--with money order, u can never tell when it was cashed.Once your check is cashed then you know they have starting working on your file

--- 2 passport size photos for yourself and 2 passport size photos of your fiance is what is required and make sure to write all of your FULL names behind each passport size photos --total passport size photos =4---2 for you and 2 her

--- copy of petitioner us passport and citizenship is good

---- both letters of intent from petitioner and beneficiaries

---- No such thing as engagement certificate

-----Photos of you and her is most powerful evidence that both of you have met but any additional such as, copies of

plane tickets, your passport pages showing entry and exit visa in her country is just an additional powerful weapon that you may want to attached with your application.....call history again is just an additional weapon or evidence but if you have photos of the two of you taken together then thats your most powerful weapon

You can send as many photos as you wish even a photo album will not be rejected but keep in mind any documents or evidence you send to them, will now become the property of USCIS

---I Don't think beneficiary's birth certificate is requested but even if is needed then send only a photocopy not original and it will cost u nothing to send them her birth certificate copy along with your file ..Always better to send as much documents as possible even if its not needed than to send less /missing documents and this delays processing of your file

Hope this helps

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
--- 2 passport size photos for yourself and 2 passport size photos of your fiance is what is required and make sure to write all of your FULL names behind each passport size photos --total passport size photos =4---2 for you and 2 her

only one passport photo is required for each G325A.

--- copy of petitioner us passport and citizenship is good

---- both letters of intent from petitioner and beneficiaries

---- No such thing as engagement certificate

In certain Countries there are documents we are not familiar with here in the U.S. As such, some beneficiaries need to supply items that others may not have to in order to prove they are single/eligible to marry.

-----Photos of you and her is most powerful evidence that both of you have met but any additional such as, copies of

Photos are far from the most powerful evidence. They should be used as secondary evidence only. Using photoshop I could put you with anyone at any time in any location.

plane tickets, your passport pages showing entry and exit visa in her country is just an additional powerful weapon that you may want to attached with your application.....

passport stamps are the most conclusive form of evidence of proof of having met.

call history again is just an additional weapon or evidence but if you have photos of the two of you taken together then thats your most powerful weapon

again... wrong advice.

You can send as many photos as you wish even a photo album will not be rejected but keep in mind any documents or evidence you send to them, will now become the property of USCIS

---I Don't think beneficiary's birth certificate is requested but even if is needed then send only a photocopy not original and it will cost u nothing to send them her birth certificate copy along with your file ..Always better to send as much documents as possible even if its not needed than to send less /missing documents and this delays processing of your file

Hope this helps

timeline.jpg

Filed: Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Photos are far from the most powerful evidence. They should be used as secondary evidence only. Using photoshop I could put you with anyone at any time in any location

Thanks for pointing that out - you beat me to it.

To the OP, you want to think like a detective. If you wanted to prove that two people were in one place at the same time, you'd need a lot of evidence. Flying somewhere makes a big paper trail:

- receipt for the ticket

- boarding pass

- passport stamps

- receipts for things you bought while there (which usually have dates - also helpful)

- bank statements for charges you made in her country (also dated)

- ATM statements for cash withdrawals there (ditto)

Put it all together and it's very hard for someone to say you weren't there. My gf and I aren't to this point yet, but we're already keeping e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Thank you all for the advice. This really help me a lot in perparing for the I-129f package.

FYI: Yes there is an engagement cerificate in her country.

1) Just to recap on passport photo: total of passport photo is 2 right?

2) on I-129f part B "Describe the circumstances under which you met." Does it has to be long or it can be two or three sentences?

thanks for pointing out the expense receipts.

VSC K1 & N400 Timeline:

1/05/2009 Sent I-129F, G-325A + other documents as required. $455 fee
1/09/2009 NOA1 Petitioner received
4/30/2009 NOA2 Petitioner received (approved in 105 days from NOA1 3.5months)
6/08/2009 Packet 3 Petitioner received
6/20/2009 Packet 4 Petitioner received, mail everything from above forms & I-134 plus other doc as required for beneficiary
7/23/2009 Interview @ 7am, Interview passed- visa pick up July 31st
------------
9/13/2009 Arrived in JFK
9/15/2009 Applied for Marriage License $40
9/29/2009 Applied SSN (bring SS-5, Passport, & I-94). Went to local County District Court for Marriage License $38.50 fee... Officially Marriage. Received SS card in less then 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, apply for State Photo ID
--------------
10/22/2009 Mail AOS forms (I-485,G-325A,I-864,I-131, I-765, plus support doc) $1,010 fee
10/29/2009 I-797C, NOA (I-485, I-131, and I-765)
11/16/2009 I-797C, NOA, I-485 transfer to CSC - No interview
11/24/2009 Biometrics App't (I-485, I-765)
12/14/2009 I-131 Approved
12/17/2009 I-765 Approved
12/22/2009 I-485 Approval letter/Welcome to America
--------------
08/22/2011 Letter from USCIS reminding to file I-751
09/01/2011 2nd notice from USCIS reminding to file I-751
09/26/2011 Mail I-751 w/supporting doc
10/03/2011 Check cleared
10/03/2011 I-797C, NOA
11/07/2011 USCIS App't
11/07/2011 Approved
06/20/2012 GC Arrived
--------------
01/30/2013 Mail N-400, G-1145, & supporting doc
02/20/2013 Fingerprint App't
04/16/2013 Interview - PASSED

04/29/2013 Naturalization Oath Ceremony at 2pm

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thank you all for the advice. This really help me a lot in perparing for the I-129f package.

FYI: Yes there is an engagement cerificate in her country.

1) Just to recap on passport photo: total of passport photo is 2 right?

2) on I-129f part B "Describe the circumstances under which you met." Does it has to be long or it can be two or three sentences?

thanks for pointing out the expense receipts.

1. It's one US sized passport photo for the petitioner and one US sized passport photo for the beneficiary.

2. Don't make it too long, they don't need a story, just the facts, where, how , when you met etc. A good idea is to relate these facts to the evidence you have provided.

Edited by Laura+Tom

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Photos are far from the most powerful evidence. They should be used as secondary evidence only. Using photoshop I could put you with anyone at any time in any location

Thanks for pointing that out - you beat me to it.

To the OP, you want to think like a detective. If you wanted to prove that two people were in one place at the same time, you'd need a lot of evidence. Flying somewhere makes a big paper trail:

- receipt for the ticket

- boarding pass

- passport stamps

- receipts for things you bought while there (which usually have dates - also helpful)

- bank statements for charges you made in her country (also dated)

- ATM statements for cash withdrawals there (ditto)

Put it all together and it's very hard for someone to say you weren't there. My gf and I aren't to this point yet, but we're already keeping e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g...

In addition to primary evidence like boarding passes, passport stamp and receipts for purchases or travel within the fiance's country as the most powerful evidence of meeting, evidence of time together is the most powerful evidence of relationship bona fides. So, keep and have the same kind of evidence for each visit for presentation at the visa interview.

Pictures are good but they are definitely secondary evidence of meeting.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Also, remember to include translations-into-English of all foreign-language documents that you're sending to USCIS -- the beneficiary's birth certificate is one such item that comes to mind. Even in the absence of evidence or statistics, I'm willing to bet cash money that forgetting the translations is one of the more common reasons for RFEs.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.