e-migra

The "Lonely blue spouseless Xmas..." thread

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone!!! I can't believe how thankful I am for that grainy reception I get from the web cam. I can say it's like a breath everytime I see him.

We, "Thank You Jesus" have always had the webcam it is the next best thing to having him beside me.

We have not spent any of the Holidays together the last time I was next to my husband was when I went for vacation from work and came back married :whistle: I love it when I say that.... that was for 2weeks in 2006

I have looked foward to the time when we are together again so many times and have been disappointed... so for now I am semi-content with the way things are and try not to think ahead...... :bonk:

I pray WE are not forgotten in 2009.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE & MAY WE ALL BE BLESSED AND REUNITED WITH OUR HUSBANDS/WIVES SOON!!

Edited by Rosalinda

Met husband July 2005

Married August 2006

Interview for CR-1 Scheduled for December 2007

Administrative Process

Husband was instructed to send passport, new medical, police certificate 02-08-09

VISA IN HAND Feb. 19, 2009 * AP lasted 1 year and 51 days*

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
When we started this process, I was telling all of my family that he should be here for christmas.. :( not so much.

Not that he celebrates Christmas..but I do and I want my husband for christmas waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ok, Im done. He'll be here soon and we will have the rest of our lives to celebrate holidays :trying to stay positive this week:

Lisa

I thought of something, for all of us alone at Christmas, my husband and myself, the past 2 New Years have celebrated our New Years Eve via the web camera, he is 7 hours ahead of me so, I made sure I was at hoome at his midnight, and he made sure he was awake when 12 came here in the USA, so maybe for Christmas all of us, especially the ones with kids can use web cameras. Having a dad see his kids open their gifts Christmas morning would be great, he or she may not be there physically, but can have some Christmas joy seeing their kids open their gifts and seeing them on Christmas day.

Its a thought to ponder on.

Merry Christmas to all of us.

We have 7 hours also.

Thats a sweet idea really.

Merry Christmas :)

Thanks , it truly helps me when I chat with my husband via web camera, not the same as sitting next to him, but comes in 2nd place.

Happy Holidays!!

Ya, we would die w/o the cam! lol

We did try the "live" show once and my husband watched my son and i play games... he loved it. lol

maybe if my husband isnt working too late on christmas we can save one gift for him(my son) to open on cam. :D

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
When we started this process, I was telling all of my family that he should be here for christmas.. :( not so much.

Not that he celebrates Christmas..but I do and I want my husband for christmas waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ok, Im done. He'll be here soon and we will have the rest of our lives to celebrate holidays :trying to stay positive this week:

Lisa

I thought of something, for all of us alone at Christmas, my husband and myself, the past 2 New Years have celebrated our New Years Eve via the web camera, he is 7 hours ahead of me so, I made sure I was at hoome at his midnight, and he made sure he was awake when 12 came here in the USA, so maybe for Christmas all of us, especially the ones with kids can use web cameras. Having a dad see his kids open their gifts Christmas morning would be great, he or she may not be there physically, but can have some Christmas joy seeing their kids open their gifts and seeing them on Christmas day.

Its a thought to ponder on.

Merry Christmas to all of us.

We have 7 hours also.

Thats a sweet idea really.

Merry Christmas :)

Thanks , it truly helps me when I chat with my husband via web camera, not the same as sitting next to him, but comes in 2nd place.

Happy Holidays!!

Ya, we would die w/o the cam! lol

We did try the "live" show once and my husband watched my son and i play games... he loved it. lol

maybe if my husband isnt working too late on christmas we can save one gift for him(my son) to open on cam. :D

That would be precious!!!!!!! Hear is another thought , maybe appoint a time when you both can do the web camera and have a "mini Christmas"

or do it Christmas Eve.

Paris Hearts Desire

Getting re-married via proxy Feb. 10th 2009 Honeymoon in Paris Feb. 11th-15th 2009

Refiling petition: Feb. 17th 2009

9699.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I already spent Christmas without my husband for 2 years. this year will be different. hes coming to visit. is his first year as eastern orthodox, so he said hell spend it here. last year he spent it home at his parents, and came here for New Years. for us, those who r the ones to immigrate, Christmas and holidays in general will always be a difficult time. last year i missed my husband, next year ill probably be with him and miss my family...so, even if he'll leave alone after it, and Ill still be here waiting, this year Christmas is somehow a bless for me. Ill have him and my family. having yr 2 families on 2 different continents isnt easy, and we all knew what we r getting through from the beginning. at least this year is easy. there is no other way to be together but him coming. as i see it, for the rest of our lives will be difficult. christmas is only one, and well always have to decide we visit his family or mine.

merry christmas to everyone, and long live the skype. is how we spent last christmas. with laptops and webcams on the whole time, i saw his family, he saw mine, i had a place at their table, he had a place at mine, they had a gift for me there, we had a gift for him here, sometimes we listened their music, sometimes they listened ours, and so on...we just couldnt taste eachother's food and drinks (and me and my husband couldnt taste eachother, but pretended to kiss under mistletoe)

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I already spent Christmas without my husband for 2 years. this year will be different. hes coming to visit. is his first year as eastern orthodox, so he said hell spend it here. last year he spent it home at his parents, and came here for New Years. for us, those who r the ones to immigrate, Christmas and holidays in general will always be a difficult time. last year i missed my husband, next year ill probably be with him and miss my family...so, even if he'll leave alone after it, and Ill still be here waiting, this year Christmas is somehow a bless for me. Ill have him and my family. having yr 2 families on 2 different continents isnt easy, and we all knew what we r getting through from the beginning. at least this year is easy. there is no other way to be together but him coming. as i see it, for the rest of our lives will be difficult. christmas is only one, and well always have to decide we visit his family or mine.

merry christmas to everyone, and long live the skype. is how we spent last christmas. with laptops and webcams on the whole time, i saw his family, he saw mine, i had a place at their table, he had a place at mine, they had a gift for me there, we had a gift for him here, sometimes we listened their music, sometimes they listened ours, and so on...we just couldnt taste eachother's food and drinks (and me and my husband couldnt taste eachother, but pretended to kiss under mistletoe)

Its going to be a wonderful Christmas for you this year.

I loved you sharing your posting of Christmas pasts, with gifts and missle toe, it was lovely.

Merry Christmas

Paris Hearts Desire

Getting re-married via proxy Feb. 10th 2009 Honeymoon in Paris Feb. 11th-15th 2009

Refiling petition: Feb. 17th 2009

9699.gif

I'm glad to know there is a thread for this! Makes me feel a little better.

This is our second Christmas since getting married, and it's the second Christmas we spend apart. Last year my husband was there by Skype as my immediate family sat around the tree opening gifts. This year, he'll be there by Skype as I deliver our baby (GOD, please let it be tonight, tomorrow, soon) and then celebrate the baby's first Christmas.

I think I've cried so much over it, I'm ready to just accept and deal. But it's good to know there are others out there who know what it feels like.

Even if that's a sad and depressing thought....

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

ok count me in

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: Timeline
We told each other that 2006 Christmas will be the last one we spend away from each other and then said the same for Christmas 2007. Now we are praying that this be the last Christmas we spend away form each other specially coz next year it will be our baby's first one too.. Its specially hard this time coz I am the one here at home alone and pregnant too while he's in Iraq. I sent him a small xmas tree and decorations with gift, card and loads of candy so my honey can have a decent Christmas too, turns out he will be working all Christmas week. Just the efforts he puts in to call me and keep in touch with me and his gifts (flowers, candies with little notes) keep me going. I Love him and miss him so much (L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, I'm not married yet but I'm still wishing my SO was here for Christmas! Here's a little something for everyone missing their honeys during this holiday season....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am right along with u.. I will be spending Christmas without my husband and my other two daughters :( well this time next year it will be MUCH BETTER!!!! this can't last 4 ever..Bless Up :)

as1cF3M0g410000MDAzMTBsfDAwMDEyNjdsfEhvbGRpbmcgbXkgaHViYnlcJ3MgaGFuZCBhZ2Fpbg.gif

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This will be year number two without Husband this Christmas. But hopefully by this time next year we'll be together.

I was going to post the Mariah Carrey video in my siggy too but the embed didn't work for me either.

All I want for Christmas is him too!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
You know, i wasn't looking forward to Christmas without my husband either and i miss him so much i feel like my heart is being split in two but i have my 3 year old and so i will find the joy in watching her open her presents and when she wishes her father a Merry Christmas on the phone i will be happy because this will be the last Christmas withouth him. I will never take my husband for granted. Next Christmas i will get up early and make my daughter and my husband a huge breakfast and i won't mind being tired cause it will be well worth it to know that he is here and my daughter has her father.

This almost made me cry since I have a 2 yrs old daughter that can't celebrate Christmas with her dad as well. I just wish that we were there already to enjoy the time as a family. :(

Joining the club...:(

I'm spending my Christmas again without my husband.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

LONELY BLUE SPOUSELESS VJs this Xmas, Post here, let's share our pain and sadness.

I'm going to spend Xmas without my husband for the 1st time since we met... I'm so sad... we were planning a big American Xmas with all the family but Immigration ruined our plans... GGGGRRRR!!! It will be a sad cold crappy Xmas. I'm MAD!!!

Anyone else?

:star: Merry Christmas :star: to all, LOTS OF LUCK in the new year!!!!!!

I"m also lonely this Christmas cuz my husband is not here....we only spend together in my birthday and his birthday cuz we are same month,and on the wedding .....i miss him alot and cant hold my tears full down when i heard our favorite music.... :crying: Merry Christmas to all....

" If we could live life all over again,we would still choose each other.If we are reborn to second life, we would marry each other again,we are persons with one heart,one soul,the same dreams and aspiration."

I would never enjoy Christmas this time as my husbie is not with me. :crying: Hearing christmas carols everytime brings tears to my eyes. Feeling so lonely without him. :(

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.