Tasha and Abdou

He doesn't know his parent's birthday...and neither do they!!!!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
So I'm lovingly trying to help my SO fill out his G325A form and I ask him what his parents birthdays are...he tells me he doesn't know exactly. So being Me...and I guess you have to know me...I'm like "what do you mean you don't know?" And he tells me that essentially back then they didn't keep track (or keep track well I guess) He sends me a copy of their passports and lo and behold there is just the year they were born...no month no day. Just the year. What do I do???? Have any of you experienced something like this? His parents were born in the early 40's is this something that was done all over Morocco or just in the town where they were born? Ugh...I'm at a loss as to how to go about this one. :help: Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Filed: Country: Belgium
Timeline

hi there well answering to ur question u juts need the year for the moment but the day they will come to united states they need to go to the morrocan court where they r born to introduce a request to the judge and the judge will give them a birth certificate with the year and day and the month my parents had that too and it take a llong time well if u are juts going to interoduce ur petition its gonna take 6 month vbefor u have the anwer for the USCIS.

GOOD LUCK I JUTS GOT MY VISA LAST MONTH IM FROM BRUSSELS .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
So I'm lovingly trying to help my SO fill out his G325A form and I ask him what his parents birthdays are...he tells me he doesn't know exactly. So being Me...and I guess you have to know me...I'm like "what do you mean you don't know?" And he tells me that essentially back then they didn't keep track (or keep track well I guess) He sends me a copy of their passports and lo and behold there is just the year they were born...no month no day. Just the year. What do I do???? Have any of you experienced something like this? His parents were born in the early 40's is this something that was done all over Morocco or just in the town where they were born? Ugh...I'm at a loss as to how to go about this one. :help: Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

lol im sorry for laughing but u know

when we asked perviz his birth date he said well his family said he was born the year of the big flood when this or that happened so when they went to get his proof of birth for school they decided it must of been april the 10 of 1975 so thats the date shown on his birth certificate .......sadly in a lot of counties that is how the births are recorded

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

If you want to file now: My thoughts are put a line through the birth date section, and beside it write no date recorded on official records and include copies of their passports.

If you don't mind waiting: get the request from the judge with a birth date listed and update their passports.

I doubt this is the type of thing you would get an RFE for, but stranger things have happened. The most important thing is to not leave it blank and provide an explanation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

When we sent in the paper work for the K1 he didnt know his parents b-day and neither did they. This isnt uncommon for the ME. If they dont know - dont worry about it. Put down the year they were born - (they should know how old they are so minus that from 2008 = year born)

I dont know about in Morocco, but in Lebanon there is a family doc that has to be optained for the interview. On that doc it did have the birthdays of his mom & dad, but like i said when we first sent in the app we didnt know it. So dont worry you wont get an RFE for it.

Good Luck

Edited by sweet_peach

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

I too find it mind boggling.....welcome to MENA

my husband and his immediate family not only DO NOT celebrate their birthdays but they dont even know EXACTLY when they were born.

photographs are at a bare minimum as well

I dont know what is up with that but it is sad someone doesnt even know their age or what day they were born

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Same here - we knew the years, but not the exact day, so for both of his parents we just put Jan 1 and the year. We're at the interview stage now, so it hasn't seemed to be an issue...

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

For my in-laws they only knew the year they were born. I made up dates for the K-1 and there was no problem. Later on they got new national IDs and their birthday was set to January 1. So I'd put down that for your future in-laws on the K-1.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

same here just 1/1 and the year. my husbands was also recoded as 1/1/83 however this was only due to poor registration he does know his real bday!!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Same here - we knew the years, but not the exact day, so for both of his parents we just put Jan 1 and the year. We're at the interview stage now, so it hasn't seemed to be an issue...

My husband had the same situation. I think he had month for one parent and years for both. We just put what we knew. It's a common thing over there so the consulate is less surprised than you are by the situation. We didn't have a problem with uscis either. Good luck with your journey. If that is the oddest thing you run into along the way, then you will be just fine.

Edited by Maggie724

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

They knew my hubsters dad's birthday but nobody knows his mamas. When his parents got married, they gave his mother the same birthdate as her husband so they could have her on record. I thought that was INSANE!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks so much for the replies!!! I was planning on putting Jan 1 on both of them but I thought that would look suspicious. Thankfully he knows his birthday. Even though when we met he told me he was older than he was because he just counted the year...When I saw his passport I found out he was actually younger since he hadn't had his birthday yet. But if it hasn't been a problem for you guys then I feel a lot better. Did any of you who didn't have problems go through the VSC for your K1? If so...did they ask for more proof for the parents birthdays?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.