Nataliya

Tax documents for leaving the country - Ukraine

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello, everyone

Since I haven't shared the joy yet, I had the interview on December 11 and got the visa! :thumbs: Now waiting for its delivery...

The question that bothers me is having a paper from tax authorities to present when leaving Ukraine. I know this topic has been discussed here, and from what I understand, I don't need to worry about any other papers, but the visa. However, while doing my medical, I saw an announcement on a board there, saying anyone permanently leaving Ukraine, needs this tax document saying you don't owe any taxes.

It is true at all? Someone who has recently left Ukraine for the US, please respond?! If it wasn't needed, what did you or your fiance/fiancee say at the passport control at the airport as your reason for going to the US??? I appreciate any help.

Sent I-129F to CSC - June 13, 2008 (Friday the 13th :)

CSC receives petition - June 16, 2008RFE date - October 27, 2008

RFE reply sent - November 5, 2008

NOA 2 - November 13, 2008

NVC sent - November 21, 2008

Embassy received - November 26, 2008

Interview - December 11, 2008 - got the VISA!!!

Passport delivered

Flight to the US - February 12, 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving this to the regional discussion forum.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Congratulations on your visa!!!!

8/22/08 I-129F sent to VSC

8/23/08 I-129F arrived at VSC

8/25/08 NOA1

1/21/09 NOA2

2/11/09 Medical Passed!!

2/23/09 Interview Passed!!

3/2/09 Visa Recieved!!

3/7/09 Arrive in U.S.A!!!

5/3/09 Married!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hello, everyone

Since I haven't shared the joy yet, I had the interview on December 11 and got the visa! :thumbs: Now waiting for its delivery...

The question that bothers me is having a paper from tax authorities to present when leaving Ukraine. I know this topic has been discussed here, and from what I understand, I don't need to worry about any other papers, but the visa. However, while doing my medical, I saw an announcement on a board there, saying anyone permanently leaving Ukraine, needs this tax document saying you don't owe any taxes.

It is true at all? Someone who has recently left Ukraine for the US, please respond?! If it wasn't needed, what did you or your fiance/fiancee say at the passport control at the airport as your reason for going to the US??? I appreciate any help.

Nataliya,

Maybe you should ask this in the Russian forum. There are several Ukrainian members who visit that forum.

Good luck!

from Andrew

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife left Ukraine in January of 2007 and there was no issues regarding anything from the Ukrainians, beyond the visa. When she got here it was only the visa and the infamous envelope. We have been back to Ukraine for a visit and the only issue was to have a few copies of your marriage certificate to explain the difference in name from her Ukrainian passport and her greencard. We were there in August of this year, no tax forms were ever mentioned. She is still on her parents apartment in case she needs some medical service while we are there.

Congrats on the visa... :dance:

No longer in the hands of the USCIS, for my wife at least, next up MIL.

Congrats on the visa :dance:

Several members here have asked the question, and no one has ever been stopped (that I have read) for lack of tax documents. One poster's wife ran all over the place to get the document "just in case", and found that the officials at the airport didn't need it at all.

Try posting on The Kyiv Beat thread on the Eurasian Forum. Or a helpful mod could move it there.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

That is soviet propaganda! AHAH there is no such thing as needing a tax paper or document when you leave Ukraine, all you need to worry about is your passport(with stamped K1 visa inside it), your plane ticket to the USA and last but not least your sealed envelope you will have received from the USA embassy after the interview, do not open it you have to hand it over to the first USA immigration official at the first airport you land in the USA. Congrats on interview. And Poka! :thumbs:

Hello, everyone

This has been posted here before. It seems to be a scam someone is running in Ukraine to scare K-1 visa applicants into obtaining a service that they don't need. You should be pretty confident that if any tax document was needed both the Ukrainian and American government would be informing you.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
This has been posted here before. It seems to be a scam someone is running in Ukraine to scare K-1 visa applicants into obtaining a service that they don't need. You should be pretty confident that if any tax document was needed both the Ukrainian and American government would be informing you.

I believe my wife is the victim that was referred to above. She saw the SAME notice at the medical exam and spent two weeks running all over Ukraine in this year's heat wave to collect these phantom documents. She posted her own version of it in our review of her POE if you care to read it. I heard this BS from her and checked with embassy immediately I was told that if any such documents were needed they would be required at the interview and that "she would have a visa issued by the Government of the United States and no one should dare to stop her". I called her with the good news and she insisted on STILL getting the documents as she was afraid she would be stopped. Let me tell you, the last two weeks before she came were by far the most stressful as all sorts of ignorant BS was fed into her by anyone she talked to and she wanted to have everything anyone told her about. I wanted to tell her to lock herself in her room and turn off her cell phone!

Bottom line....the consulate will provide you with all the documents you need, do not listen to any other BS. By the way, a K-1 visa holder is not leaving Ukraine "permanently", it is a NON-immigrant visa valid only for 90 days, though with the adjustment of status a person can stay "permanently"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

and even for those permanent residents of the USA who have returned to Ukraine are not "hassled" about any kind of tax documents when departing.. well at least my wife wasn't

YMMV

Vika confirms that right up 'till the present moment, no one has mentioned any tax documents, or other issues relating to her being able to leave Ukraine.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• 3 weeks later...

To provide some closure here, we did travel back to the US without any Ukrainian tax documents or hassle whatsoever from the Ukrainian authorities. No mention of same at any stage of document assembly/collection. Hope our experience helps some one if the question comes up. :secret:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Nothing to worry about, they will never ask for or care to see it. :dance:

Hello, everyone

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife is currently going through a long and painful process with the "tax police" but it is more about getting out from under a periodic filing requirement pursuant to her previous business, than any kind of document (that she has never been asked for) to leave the country...

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.