leviac

approved 601 waiver US embassy Manila

14 posts in this topic

hello everybody! im not new here in this forum but I have been visiting this site for almost a year, but its only now that I have decided to join in so I could also share my experience and how this forum kept my spirit alive while I was waiting for the approval of my 601 waiver. Thanks God, my ordeal is over, I can now join my wife and my beautiful baby this coming Christmas. My waiver was approved in less than 4 months!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
hello everybody! im not new here in this forum but I have been visiting this site for almost a year, but its only now that I have decided to join in so I could also share my experience and how this forum kept my spirit alive while I was waiting for the approval of my 601 waiver. Thanks God, my ordeal is over, I can now join my wife and my beautiful baby this coming Christmas. My waiver was approved in less than 4 months!!!

Congrats. My fiancee applied for her's yesterday. Maybe we'll be as lucky as u...less than 4 months? I can only hope :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

congratulations on your approval, from what I hear, an approval for a 601 is hard in Manila.

If I may ask, what was the reason for needing a I-601 in the first place?

The only reason I ask is my wife and I may need to do that process for an over stay on her visa.

rujan

congratulations on your approval, from what I hear, an approval for a 601 is hard in Manila.

The only reason I ask is my wife and I may need to do that process for an over stay on her visa.

rujan

Yes, its very very hard, but if you can really prepare your waiver well (and getting a good immigration lawyer), just by understanding the prepared hardship letter, you can already gauge your chances. It was a F & M that happened 10 years ago. We followed and supplied all the needed informations to the lawyer just for them to prepare the documentation well. I thought my previous case was the end of all my dreams yet I was still given a second chance to come back to US and start my life all over again. Maybe looking for a good immigration lawyer with proven track record will help you prepare your waiver. It is expensive but it's worth the price......just look at the statistics of those persons who applied for a waiver and get approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

rujan

Yes, its very very hard, but if you can really prepare your waiver well (and getting a good immigration lawyer), just by understanding the prepared hardship letter, you can already gauge your chances. It was a F & M that happened 10 years ago. We followed and supplied all the needed informations to the lawyer just for them to prepare the documentation well. I thought my previous case was the end of all my dreams yet I was still given a second chance to come back to US and start my life all over again. Maybe looking for a good immigration lawyer with proven track record will help you prepare your waiver. It is expensive but it's worth the price......just look at the statistics of those persons who applied for a waiver and get approved.

What is F&M?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

From what I understand it means "FRAUD" and "Misrepresentation". :star::star:

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

congratulation with the approval:)...

where did you file the i-601?,and did you have to do the i-212 with it?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations! Another happy reunion! kicking.gif

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

• 2 years later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi leviac! My husband just received his letter stating that his i-601 application was approved!!! He too is in the Philippines. After this letter, what are we to expect next. I've been trying to make some calls, but have had no help :( If you could let me know what happened after you got yours, it'd be a big help! Thank you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.