Amin&Ani

how long is I-134 Affidavit of support valid for

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello,

I just filed an I-129F yesterday. Just want to be ahead of the game :) ; I Want to finsh the I-134 Affidavit of support, and want to know how long is this form valid for?

thank you for your response!

K-1 VISA

I-129F SENT: 12/09/2008

Visa Received : 11/05/2009

Marriage : 12/24/2009

AOS

I-485 SENT : 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

BIO: 03-26-2010

INTERVIEW: 06-08-2010

APPROVAL: 06/08/2010

CARD RECEIVED:

EAD

I-765 SENT: 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

CARD RECEIVED:05/24/2009

AP

I-131 SENT: 02-22-2010 Received by USCIS text message: 03/03/2010

NOA hard copy: 03-08-2010

DOCUMENT RECEIVED: 05/10/2009

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello,

I just filed an I-129F yesterday. Just want to be ahead of the game :) ; I Want to finsh the I-134 Affidavit of support, and want to know how long is this form valid for?

It has no validity period. It is simply used to make a subjective judgment call about whether the visa applicant will become a public charges. As such, one completed too far in advance can raise some issues. I recommend the signature and supporting documents be no more than 3 months old at the time of the interview. In general, make everything as current as practical.

For example though, if the interview is going to be after April, they're going to want to see 2008 taxes.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hello,

It has no validity period. It is simply used to make a subjective judgment call about whether the visa applicant will become a public charges. As such, one completed too far in advance can raise some issues. I recommend the signature and supporting documents be no more than 3 months old at the time of the interview. In general, make everything as current as practical.

For example though, if the interview is going to be after April, they're going to want to see 2008 taxes.

Thank you

you are definitely right. I will wait.

Edited by Amin&Ani

K-1 VISA

AOS

CARD RECEIVED:

EAD

AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello,

Thank you

you are definitely right. I will wait.

Thanks for asking that question! And thanks for that answer! This is good for me to know as well =)...

"One love, one heart, let's get together and feel alright..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Check with the consulate of your fiance(e). This is what I have:

Form I-134 must be signed by the sponsor and notarized by a Notary Public no more than one year prior to the date of interview and include tax records for the past year and an official letter of employment (on company letterhead) signed within the past year or a valid business license. (exerpt from http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/required_documents2.html)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I would still have the documentation as close to the interview date as possible...no matter what 'directions' say, even if they are on the Embassy website ;)

...the CO is the one who ultimately decides if the affidavit is recent enough or not.

At higher fraud posts such as in the middle east and HCMC they are most certainly going to want to see recent proof of income.

timeline.jpg

Timeline
I would still have the documentation as close to the interview date as possible...no matter what 'directions' say, even if they are on the Embassy website ;)

...the CO is the one who ultimately decides if the affidavit is recent enough or not.

At higher fraud posts such as in the middle east and HCMC they are most certainly going to want to see recent proof of income.

Right, there are minimum requirements and there are best practices. Which do YOU want to follow in the process of reuniting with your loved one?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thank you all for the Post... I will agree with both Pushbrk and kimandruss. It's much better to do everything the "best way" than dealing with delays. Somthing that US visa processing centers are pretty famous for!

I will wait and get it done closer to the interview date! better sure than sorry...

K-1 VISA

AOS

CARD RECEIVED:

EAD

AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hello, I am just begining the process of bringing my finacee here. It is a bit confusing to me. Can someone tell me what are the initial documents I need to have ?

Also how many letters of intent do I need? Do I need one to send initially, and one for my fiancee? Thank you

Timeline
Hello, I am just begining the process of bringing my finacee here. It is a bit confusing to me. Can someone tell me what are the initial documents I need to have ?

Also how many letters of intent do I need? Do I need one to send initially, and one for my fiancee? Thank you

Start by clicking on the word Guides at the top of any page here. Study them, then download the I-129F form and study the instructions that come with it. We'll be happy to answer your remaining questions. When you do ask, please start a new topic.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.