Captain Ewok

VisaJourney Forums Upgraded

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

After the recent attack of the "spam bots" I finally made the first large update to the VisaJourney "backend" software in about a year and a half today. We estimated a completion time of 4:30AM EST and finished 15 minutes early (pats self on the back). :)

This is only a .xx upgrade and not a full new revision of the forums software so most of the changes are likely not going to be noticed by the end user. That said, I am betting there will be a few things I missed! Let me know if anything does not work. You may need to do a hard refresh on your browser to update the style sheets. See here for that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bypass_your_cache

The upgrades that you "will" notice with this upgrade are:

Minor bug fixes in the forums software

New "reCaptcha" system integrated into the registration of new members. Should eliminate automated spam bots.

Member Profile Pages slightly different (added tabs, etc)

Faster Website?!?

Also of note, I am currently running a script in the background to "rebuild" old posts. This should not mean anything to members other than old posts are being updated for the new "formatting" codes in this version of the forums. It will also likely slow the server down a little bit. Since the script has the rebuild about 2.5 million posts (give or take) it will probably be running until sometime mid-afternoon EST.

Anyhow I hope this all worked out! :) I have been putting off any upgrades on the backend for a while (the previous version was very stable). Hopefully the spam bots will be a thing of the past now :)!

UPDATE:

FYI to all Organizers: Disregard the PM you just got. I fixed the report tool :).

Edited by Captain Ewok

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Thanks for all your work it is much appreciated.

And much thanks for finishing early. I was in withdrawal. :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
And much thanks for finishing early. I was in withdrawal. :blush:

you too eh? :crying:

yay capt!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Update. Based on the post rebuilding speed the script should finish about 5PM EST.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Well, it's already working a gazillion times faster for me! :D

I am the USC, my husband is German.

I resided in Germany from July 2008-October 2013.

I have two stepsons who are staying in Germany.

Our son was born 3/3/2012 and our daughter was born 4/4/2015.

DCF STARTED!MAY 14, 2013: I-130 Petition sent to Frankfurt as registered mail w/ return receipt!

MAY 15, 2013: Mail signed for in Frankfurt. NOA1

MAY 21, 2013: Return receipt came back in the mail.

MAY 25, 2013: $420 Petition fee was charged to our credit card.

MAY 25, 2013: NOA1 paperwork received in the mail.

JULY 12, 2013: NOA2 received.

JULY 13, 2013: NOA2 sent back.

AUG 15, 2013: Packet 3 sent in.

AUG 30, 2013: Husband's medical in Berlin.

SEPT 12, 2013: Received letter with husband's interview date!

SEPT 19, 2013: INTERVIEW. APPROVED!!

SEPT 21, 2013: Visa received.

OCT 5, 2013: POE in Newark, NJ (layover).

DEC 17, 2013: SSN Card finally arrived!

DEC 19, 2013: Husband (beneficiary) got his first job in the USA! And he loves it!

DEC 28, 2013: Green card arrived!

FUTURE: Visas for my stepsons!

Timeline

It is possible. After 5PM EST today will be a better time to measure performance as there is a script running int he background right now that is slowing things.

Right on :thumbs: You deserve a raise and some time off :dance:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Is it just me, or are the YouTube videos not functioning?

EDIT: I guess they do work? Either 5 minutes ago they were down or I am seeing things?

EDIT: I just checked the Off Topic Threads and YouTube videos don't seem to be displaying

Edited by Confucian

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

Working for me :)...

Timeline
:P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

THANKS Ewok :thumbs:

There's always so much that goes on in the back end that everyone is so unaware of. You're an absolute :star:

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand