VanPhoenix

Is it necessary to send pictures along with I 130 package?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My husband is sending the I 130 package on next week ... Is it necessary to send pictures , phone bills , emails to show evidence of bonfide marriage ?

Or only the Affidavits sworn written by relatives / friends is good enough ?

We dont have bank account together and all the other stuffs .........................

Thnks

Wishing all the best for the February fillers !!!!

:blink: Seriously....If you really want your husband/wife to enter this country to live with you permanately, you'd better be sending everything possible to convince the government that you two are married, and married because you love each other and for no other reasons besides that. If you have pictures, for your sake send them :no: I pray that this helps

My husband is sending the I 130 package on next week ... Is it necessary to send pictures , phone bills , emails to show evidence of bonfide marriage ?

We dont have bank account together and all the other stuffs .........................

Thnks

I did not send in any proof of marriage but the marriage cert (and certified translation).

For the record (and I want no e-lip cuz we're done until lifting conditions - all without a hitch)

Our (K3) I-130 package was:

1. Petition

2. Marriage cert

3. Marriage cert (translation)

4. G-325A (hers)

5. G-325A supplement sheet (hers), in microsoft Word, filling in the blanks that had those dam (plus) signs

5. Passport ID page (hers)

6. G-325A (mine)

7. G-325A supplement sheet (mine), same as above, because of those dam (plus) signs

8. Copy of birth certificate (mine)

9. Copy of divorce decree, previous marriage (mine)

10. Copy of passport ID page (mine)

That's it. No pics, affidavits, piles of paper, or any of that other ####### that people say has to be sent in.

The I129F package was identical except that we sent proof of filing the I130 and (since i got it and figured "what the hell?") between #5 and #6 above I slipped in a copy of her original and translated birth certificate.

So ours was arranged like this:

Petition

Marriage proof

Her ID stuff

My ID stuff

Proof of ability to marry (termination of prior marriages)

Save the box of misc BS (pics, emails, phone records, love letters, phone sex tapes, cyber-chats etc) for (1) the interview at the embassy and/or (2) the AOS interview if you get one

Good luck!

i don't get it.

Filed: Timeline
Save the box of misc BS (pics, emails, phone records, love letters, phone sex tapes, cyber-chats etc) for (1) the interview at the embassy and/or (2) the AOS interview if you get one

Good luck!

Good point. Although I sent in copies of my fone bills and several a photos, the most important thing to show is that there is ongoing relation at the time of the interview for the visa or aos.

I live with my wife and had the oppty to be present at the interview and could not believe how many couples do not have evidence showing ongoing relationship oversea. For us it was easy, because i was there with a stamped visa showing I had been living with her in the same household and a screenshot of our email communication summary.

For others, the consular simply asked for proof and sent them away with a request for more info.

Of the 15 plus interviews held at the Cambodian embassy, two were approved for a VISA. mY WIFE AND I WERE THE LAST ONE INTERVIEWED so we had the oppty to sit and listen to what and who was being asked and hearing the consular announce their approval.

Interestingly, the other couple that was also approved had some English problems so she could not answer some of the consular's questions clearly. Atlhough her husband was also present he sat so far away from the wife being interviewd that whenever she turned for help, the consular would pound on the window warning her not to talk or ask her husband. The consular approved anyways and gave the same visa pick up date as ours yet on the day of pickup, my wife told me that they did not give her one because of some admin error or request for additional info.

No sure if the additional request for info was related to evidence of ongoing relation.

So for whatever reason a couple has for not having photos to send with the petitions, be prepared to show ongoing relationship at the interview.

TIP: If possible and if you intend to show up at the interview with the spouse, sit next to him/her so that the consular can see you. In my case, I sat just behind my wife so I had constant eye contact with the consular as my wife was being interviewd.

**** filed K3/CR1 concurrently. My wife and I both work/live overseas. The following timeline continues from the approval of the K3 VISA.

Our journey
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115855

NVC rec'd 130/ assigned case# 5-15-08
Called to request online payment ID# 5-18-08
Rec'd ds 3032/AOS bill by USPS 5-19-08
Rec'd email Online ID# for payment of AOS and DS3032 5-21-08
Returned ds 3032 by USPS during wife visit to U.S. on K3--5-29-09
Paid AOS online: 7-05-09 ( While in Cambodia )
Rec'd email to pay IV bill 7-7-09
Paid IV bill online 7-08-09
Mailed I-864 2-16-10
I- 864 delivered 2-18-10
Mailed DS 230 2-22-10
Ds 230 delivered 2-24-10
AVR says "NVC is awaiting biographic info from petitioner" 2-24-10
AVR says, "NVC has received the info checklist requested." NVC HAS ENTERED DS-230 INTO COMPUTER 3-01-10
SIF: 3-08-10
AVR Case Complete: 3-09-10
Rec'd interview email/date: 3-15-10
Medical: 4-09-10
INTERVIEW( less than 5 minutes ): 4-26-10 APPROVED
Pickup Visa: 4-30-10
POE: LAX 5/31/10
Overnight REENTRY Permit app: 6/01/10
Rec'd SS: 6-10-10
Rec'd Welcome to USA Letter + Green Card Tracking #: 6-14-10
Rec'd NOA1 letter + receipt # for reentry permit: 6-14-10
Rec'd 10 Yr. GC: 6-21-10
Rec'd Bio appt for reentry permit 7-18-10 but changed to 6-28-10 thru INFOpass: 6-25-10
REentry touches: 9-6-10, 9-29-10, 10-4-10
Rec'd email Reentry mailed 10-07-10
Rec'd reentry permit 10-09-10 ( 4 mths 1 wk )

Naturalized 04/2016

Received US Passport 05/2016

We sent a couple of wedding pics and a couple of affidavits - not a huge package but we thought it couldn't hurt to provide a little bit of info as it was requested in the application.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
:blink: Seriously....If you really want your husband/wife to enter this country to live with you permanately, you'd better be sending everything possible to convince the government that you two are married, and married because you love each other and for no other reasons besides that. If you have pictures, for your sake send them :no: I pray that this helps

Thnks

I understand the sentiment but sending to much or even sending certain items like proof the of exchanging money can actually hurt. Second, "love" is actually NOT a requirement for a fiance(e) or spouse relationship. Cultures vary as to the priority of "love" particularly early on. Bona fide means real and real for immigration purposes can even be a committed relationship based on "security" provided the parties intentions are to accomplish more from the relationship than to obtain an immigration benefit for the foreigner.

Love is great and I wouldn't personally consider a marriage that wasn't based primarily (not only) on romantic and interpersonal love. That is NOT, however, a requirement in the visa process.

At the petition stage, you only need to prove you both meet the minimum qualifications. The primary proof of relationship is evaluated at the interview. Many newlyweds have far more evidence by the time the interview finally occurs than they could possibly scrape together at petition filing time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Our reason for sending pictures was not that we didn't have them, we had hundreds of pics, wedding albums, months of chats, phone bills that got bigger and bigger as we planned the wedding - we didnt' send that in because none of that indicates joint and physical evidence of marriage.

Not so for a K1. Those things ARE asked for in the petition package because they meet the burden of proof of MEETING one another.

They didn't ask for it at the embassy interview for the K3 visa either. My wife's visa interview consisted of "have you ever been the the US before?", then handing her passport with the visa over, and "this should make your husband very happy". BUT my wife had a big case of stuff (referred to as cr@p in an earlier post) in case they were curious about anything.

They DID peruse our wedding album and photos of stuff we've done/places we've been, lease documents, joint bank/credit card account statements, insurance documents, etc during the AOS interview which is the first time we were asked to present proof of bona-fide marriage. We sent in copies of all that joint stuff with the I-485 petition (the list is much longer for that one) because that is the point in time where the evidence was actually required to process the petition.

Hope that helps!

i don't get it.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Our reason for sending pictures was not that we didn't have them, we had hundreds of pics, wedding albums, months of chats, phone bills that got bigger and bigger as we planned the wedding - we didnt' send that in because none of that indicates joint and physical evidence of marriage.

Not so for a K1. Those things ARE asked for in the petition package because they meet the burden of proof of MEETING one another.

They didn't ask for it at the embassy interview for the K3 visa either. My wife's visa interview consisted of "have you ever been the the US before?", then handing her passport with the visa over, and "this should make your husband very happy". BUT my wife had a big case of stuff (referred to as cr@p in an earlier post) in case they were curious about anything.

They DID peruse our wedding album and photos of stuff we've done/places we've been, lease documents, joint bank/credit card account statements, insurance documents, etc during the AOS interview which is the first time we were asked to present proof of bona-fide marriage. We sent in copies of all that joint stuff with the I-485 petition (the list is much longer for that one) because that is the point in time where the evidence was actually required to process the petition.

Hope that helps!

If your profile was complete with country etc. we could put your answer into the proper context. Many interviews are easy, even in high fraud countries.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

We joined in the middle of AOS - which is where I started filling in the blanks at VJ signup. Don't be nosy pushbrk! lol

At the time we, like anyone else, didn't have a clue what would be asked for at the interview. The (unexpected) ease of the interview had nothing to do with the original point which is that the interview was where we had EVERYTHING we could possibly assemble that showed any aspect of our relationship/marriage in one place and available for perusal and that the interview was where we expected to be prepared to show physical proof of an ongoing relationship and marriage. I would advise the OP to be prepared to do the same.

Hope that helps!

If your profile was complete with country etc. we could put your answer into the proper context. Many interviews are easy, even in high fraud countries.

i don't get it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If you're dealing with a South American consulate (even one of the "better" ones like Rio), discretion is the better part of valor. It would be prudent to include SOME (not a little, not a lot) representative "proof of relationship" items in your I-130 filing. This would normally not be necessary, but it has happened that the interviewers have refused evidence that was brought to an interview. If some "proof" is included in an I-130 or I-129F petition, the consuls cannot claim that such evidence is lacking.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.