WELLCOME LETTER.

48 posts in this topic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

In many cases SSN wont issue an SSN to Cr-1 automatically, give it about 30 days after entry to the USA, then visit SSA and order a card.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

my husband arrived Nov 30 (POE: LAX) and we still don't have any welcome letter.. of course no SSN card in the mail either.. it really does take 30 days? well, i'm gonna go to their office tomorrow and ask if he's even in the system.. he can't stand just sitting here doing nothing; not that he'll be able to find a job right away, but at least he can say that was looking instead of just sitting around and watching tv..

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

well, we got his WELCOME LETTER yesterday and of course there had to be something wrong with it.. middle name was wrong and his suffix was missing.. he's the III and he has to have that in his name.. so, i called USCIS. had to have that typo changed before they print out his greencard and have that all wrong.. i hope they corrected it in time since they said that on Dec 9 they already approved the case.. :wacko:

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Go now to SS office and get a card, I went yesterday with my husband his POE was 2 weeks ago, he will get his card in 2 weeks! Good Luck!!

HELLO MY FELLOW VJ'S

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED MY WELLCOME LETTER THIS MORNING? WHEN CAN I BE EXPECTING MY SSN?I WILL APPERCIATE ANY RESPONCES.

THANKS.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

That's what happen to us too, we got approved a second time on 11/28/08 my husband POE was 11/26/08 :rofl:

What is wrong with these people :bonk:

We went to the SS office yesterday, he will get his card in 2 weeks, he was also NOT in the system!

Nita

well, we got his WELCOME LETTER yesterday and of course there had to be something wrong with it.. middle name was wrong and his suffix was missing.. he's the III and he has to have that in his name.. so, i called USCIS. had to have that typo changed before they print out his greencard and have that all wrong.. i hope they corrected it in time since they said that on Dec 9 they already approved the case.. :wacko:

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I got my SSN in the mail within three weeks of arrival, but no sign of a welcome letter or green card yet!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

That's what happen to us too, we got approved a second time on 11/28/08 my husband POE was 11/26/08 :rofl:

What is wrong with these people :bonk:

We went to the SS office yesterday, he will get his card in 2 weeks, he was also NOT in the system!

Nita

he wasn't in the SS system? why? well, maybe that's a good thing in our case since they had a typo on his welcome letter.. we'll go next week and inquire.. i had the whole application filled out and ready to go since last week.. hehe..

according to USCIS, i will receive another letter containing the approval.. why do we need another approval, i wanna know.. but whatever.. they had just better get his name right on the greencard and the SS card.. according to the lady i spoke too, she fixed it.. so we shall see.. she also said that if the approval letter contained the wrong name again to just disregard it, since it was already mailed out by the time the correction was made..

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Can somebody explain what welcome letter contains and after how long do you receive after your entry?

After you entry, how long does it take to get green card?

Thanks.

my husband entered the US at LAX on Nov 30, Sunday night. we got the welcome letter in the mail Dec 9, Tuesday. Basically, the letter welcomes you to the USA and that USCIS has received your immigrant visa packet from the POE, blah blah blah.. pretty short..

the receipt and notice date on my husband's letter was Dec 3: so i guess that's when they received that brown packet you weren't allowed to open from the POE..

as for the green card, can't tell you much since we are not there yet.. i heard it might take a while but his passport stamp is good for a year so i'm not worried about that.. that has his "A" number on it. the welcome letter will have his "A" number on it too.. "A" number is his alien number..

what is important right now is the social since we can't do ANYTHING if he doesn't have that..

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

I entered on Nov 19th, and no signs of welcome letter, SSN card, and green card I do not even expect. Today I went to the local SS office, and they could not even find my name in the system. I applied for a new one at the spot.

As I could understand, POE sends the content of yellow envelope to USCIS, and then USCIS sends the welcome letter once they get the documents? Does the welcome letter also contain the case number with which I could check my green card status?

I entered on Nov 19th, and no signs of welcome letter, SSN card, and green card I do not even expect. Today I went to the local SS office, and they could not even find my name in the system. I applied for a new one at the spot.

As I could understand, POE sends the content of yellow envelope to USCIS, and then USCIS sends the welcome letter once they get the documents? Does the welcome letter also contain the case number with which I could check my green card status?

are you serious? you should at LEAST get a welcome letter.. yeah, the POE sends the envelope to USCIS then USCIS send the welcome letter. it's a NOA with a receipt number which you could check your case on the USCIS website. my husband's status says this:

Application Type: OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 9, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this OS155A IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

So, this "A" number is given by the visa issuing embassy or at the POE?

Can somebody explain what welcome letter contains and after how long do you receive after your entry?

Thanks.

my husband entered the US at LAX on Nov 30, Sunday night. we got the welcome letter in the mail Dec 9, Tuesday. Basically, the letter welcomes you to the USA and that USCIS has received your immigrant visa packet from the POE, blah blah blah.. pretty short..

the receipt and notice date on my husband's letter was Dec 3: so i guess that's when they received that brown packet you weren't allowed to open from the POE..

as for the green card, can't tell you much since we are not there yet.. i heard it might take a while but his passport stamp is good for a year so i'm not worried about that.. that has his "A" number on it. the welcome letter will have his "A" number on it too.. "A" number is his alien number..

what is important right now is the social since we can't do ANYTHING if he doesn't have that..

11.13.2007 : Sent I-130 to Nebraska Service Center

01 .24.2008 : NOA1

04.02.2008 : NOA2

07.09.2008 : Sent AOS and ds 230

08.05.2008 : NVC case complete

08.23.2008 : Medical Done

09.22.2008 : Interview

09.22.2008 : Visa Approved

09.25.2008 : Visa in Hand

12.09.2008 : POE Chicago OHARE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

So, this "A" number is given by the visa issuing embassy or at the POE? Also, I already have a SSN number, can I start working eventhough i dont get welcome letter or a physical green card?

Thanks.

11.13.2007 : Sent I-130 to Nebraska Service Center

01 .24.2008 : NOA1

04.02.2008 : NOA2

07.09.2008 : Sent AOS and ds 230

08.05.2008 : NVC case complete

08.23.2008 : Medical Done

09.22.2008 : Interview

09.22.2008 : Visa Approved

09.25.2008 : Visa in Hand

12.09.2008 : POE Chicago OHARE.

in my understanding, your visa (if you entered on an immigrant visa) should serve as a "temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year." this is what i am reading on my husband's visa that is stamped in his passport. also, the immigration officer at the POE stamped his passport with the arrival date, class of CR1 and the date of when his conditional residence would expire. the officer also wrote down his "A" number on the passport.

so, since you already have your SSN, go ahead and apply for jobs, open a bank account, etc. you don't need a welcome letter or the physical green card right now as the I-551 is valid for 1 year from the date of your entry..

somebody pls correct me if i'm wrong.. but this is how i understand it..

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.