HELP!!! My wife was denied.

48 posts in this topic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I thought I should give everybody an update on what happened.... So after contacting my Senators office, the lady said that I should fax over to her my denial letter and copies of my mailing and delivery confirmation receipts. After doing so, she told me that she would make an inquiry and that she would get back to me. about 1 week passed and she called to tell me that the uscis finally responded saying that they were putting our case on review. They said that they were going to try and locate the evidence that I sent and they would respond within 30 days.

Two days passed...... I received a phone call from my senators office again with great news!!! She said that the case was approved and that my wife would be getting her 10 year green card with in 30 days. Yeeaaaahhh. She also said that they probably realized that it was just an error. I am soooo relieved. I just hope that people can learn from my experience. I know that I will be sending future important information via fedex or ups overnight delivery even if I'm sending it weeks in advance.

Thank you to those people who referred me to the senators office. They saved me $580 in fees since I didn't even have to file for the motion to re-open.. All it took was one phone call and a fax to my senators office.

Very cool!!! :dance: Congrats!!!

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Apparently the system does work the best for illegal immigrants, not for law-abiding people. Sad, is not it?

Permitted Uses. You agree that you are responsible for any Content and communications that you Post and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the Service (including but not limited to the discussion forums) only to send and receive messages, material, and in general Content that is “in conformity with or permitted by law” (legal), proper and if part of the discussion forums then also related to the particular subject matter. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:

• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.

• Publish, Post, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful material, information, or in general, Content.

Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums.

• Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

These are some of the terms you agreed to when you signed up to use VJ.com . Not that you seem the sort that would care, but many users of this forum are here to seek support, reassurance and advice. You, however, give the impression through many of your posts that you carry a very big chip on your shoulder and lack the emotional maturity to contain your venomous judgemental opinions.

I am now going to apply one of the Terms and Conditions that I agreed to and report your report as one in breach of the ToS.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

I am now going to apply one of the Terms and Conditions that I agreed to and report your report as one in breach of the ToS.

Good call SunDrop!

Linda & Dave's Timeline

*** Early dates removed due to size of sig ***

May 05 2005 - Visa interview scheduled in London [APPROVED!!!!]

Jun 08 2005 - Flew into JFK

Jun 28 2005 - Married!!!

Aug 04 2005 - Sent off AOS

Aug 09 2005 - NOAs for AOD

Dec 01 2005 - Infopass app in Philly: approved and issued and EAD. Biometrics done!!

Dec 16 2005 - case transferred to CSC

Dec 27 2005 - pass my driving test and get LICENSED!!!!

Feb 2006 - Conditional Green Card received

Mar 21 2006 - start first job, IT contractor

Jul 31 2006 - Job becomes permanent

Jan 02 2008 - Submitted I-751

Jan 28 2008 - I-751 NOA received

Feb 29 2008 - Biometrics

Jan 05 2009 - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I can not believe what I am seeing here.

So people started defending illegal immigration on legal immigration fora now????

Pathetic.

And the terms of use does not and can not prevent me from voicing my view that illegal immigration is ILLEGAL!

So mind your own business.

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Timeline

Who is to prevent me from contacting USCIS and informing them that you are defending illegal immigration probably because you are an illegal immigrant yourself? IP numbers will pinpoint your location to the authorities.

I am now a US citizen.

pride_logo_275px.jpg

So mind your own business.

I bet you were voted "Most likely to move their lips whilst reading".

Linda & Dave's Timeline

*** Early dates removed due to size of sig ***

May 05 2005 - Visa interview scheduled in London [APPROVED!!!!]

Jun 08 2005 - Flew into JFK

Jun 28 2005 - Married!!!

Aug 04 2005 - Sent off AOS

Aug 09 2005 - NOAs for AOD

Dec 01 2005 - Infopass app in Philly: approved and issued and EAD. Biometrics done!!

Dec 16 2005 - case transferred to CSC

Dec 27 2005 - pass my driving test and get LICENSED!!!!

Feb 2006 - Conditional Green Card received

Mar 21 2006 - start first job, IT contractor

Jul 31 2006 - Job becomes permanent

Jan 02 2008 - Submitted I-751

Jan 28 2008 - I-751 NOA received

Feb 29 2008 - Biometrics

Jan 05 2009 - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Who is to prevent me from contacting USCIS and informing them that you are defending illegal immigration probably because you are an illegal immigrant yourself? IP numbers will pinpoint your location to the authorities.

Who is defending illegal immigration in this thread? Why are you bringing up illegal immigration when it has no relevance to the thread? Are you suggesting that the OP is an illegal immigrant?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Also, this is completely out of line.

Timeline

Probable cause/Reasonable Suspicion.

Probable Cause .--The concept of ''probable cause'' is central to the meaning of the warrant clause. Neither the Fourth Amendment nor the federal statutory provisions relevant to the area define ''probable cause;'' the definition is entirely a judicial construct. An applicant for a warrant must present to the magistrate facts sufficient to enable the officer himself to make a determination of probable cause. ''In determining what is probable cause . . . [w]e are concerned only with the question whether the affiant had reasonable grounds at the time of his affidavit . . . for the belief that the law was being violated on the premises to be searched; and if the apparent facts set out in the affidavit are such that a reasonably discreet and prudent man would be led to believe that there was a commission of the offense charged, there is probable cause justifying the issuance of a warrant.'' 95 Probable cause is to be determined according to ''the factual and practical considerations of everyday life on which reasonable and prudent men, not legal technicians, act.'' 96 Warrants are favored in the law and utilization of them will not be thwarted by a hypertechnical reading of the sup porting affidavit and supporting testimony. 97 For the same reason, reviewing courts will accept evidence of a less ''judicially competent or persuasive character than would have justified an officer in acting on his own without a warrant.'' 98 Courts will sustain the determination of probable cause so long as ''there was substantial basis for [the magistrate] to conclude that'' there was probable cause. 99

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constit...dment04/02.html

I am now a US citizen.

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

To posters who want to contact their elected officials, this is more proof that a U.S. Senator's office is more effective than a Congressman's in getting the necessary attention at USCIS or Dept. of State.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Please do not attack or threaten other members like this despite the topics being discussed. You can respectfully disagree but your comments are certainly not doing that. If as a community we can do that more then it will certainly be a good thing...

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Certified mail is secure but it is also one of the slowest delivery services that there are. File a motion to re-open including proof that you sent the requested information in well prior to the due date and that the postal service failed to deliver the item in a timely way. Good luck.

Mailing something that is VERY iimportant 6 days prior to your deadline is NOT a good idea. Nov 12th was a Wednesday. Assuming it most likely did not leave the office until 5pm that is one day gone and you also lose two days for Sat/Sun. I'm not sure there is even someone to accept mail on Saturday. You basically left yourself 3 days for shipping or maybe 4. Best to expedite it with FedEX or UPS when cutting it that close. Just my two cents. Good Luck.

LS

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that :(

I was so shock and feel I'm so lucky after I read your thread.

My due date for submitting the evidence documents was Dec 18. I mailed it with USPS with certified mail ( w/o request receive return because with 2 weeks ahead of time I should be fine ) on Dec 2. I don't know how long it take USPS to get it through but I just got a letter today on Dec 17 they approved my case. It look like the letter must went through quick.

In your case it's the post office taking extra long time to deliever the mail and you've given a reasonable amount of time for the mail to go through. It's not your fault and you should use this as reason for re-open your case.

Don't give up and good luck!

August 2, 2004: I-129F mailed

November 23, 2004 Received Packet from US Consulate HK

December 04, 2004 Request for police report and report sent to US Consulate on 27 December 2004

December 18, 2004 Body check and get result on 7 Jan 2005

January 15, 2005 Sent back the package to US consulate and requested for to schedule for interview

1 February 2005 Interview and approved at the same day YES

March 30, 2005 Fly to US

June 22, 2005 Wedding <3

August 22, 2005 mailed my I-485, I-765

Oct 24, 2005 AOS Interview, doing my biometric and Fingerprint at the same day after interview

Nov 9, 2005 Receieved my EA card

Feb 2006 Receieved my 2 years conditional resident card

Nov 2007 filed for I-751 to remove conditional resident

Dec 8 2007 Conditional resident status extended for 1 year

Dec 22 2007 ASC appointment on Jan 14 08

Oct 3 2008 Evidence documents request letter received

Dec 17 2008 Request for removal of conditional permanent resident status approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.