I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

[

I checked my email and still NVC has not emailed me. I would recommend to keep calling NVC since the email notification lagged (at least for me)

I have never heard of anyone getting a notification from the NVC that they are out of AP (even though they promise it every time you call). You must keep calling to know you are out.

Congrats and good luck with the rest of your journey.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Well I thought today was day 31 for me in in AP ...but I was wrong. When I called today (still in AP) they said your case was received on August 18th....I originally thought it was received on August 24th. So this makes me actually day 37 in AP!!!!! &*3@&**!!!!!!!! No word back from my Congresswoman who supposedled called them last Thursday. I have grown very weary of this process. First the CSC loses my file after it is approved, so NVC doesn't receive it till after one month, now I am in AP for almost 1 & 1/2 months. 2 & 1/2 months lost...for nothing!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I guess I'll never know for sure whether it made a difference, but...

I faxed my letter to the Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs on Friday afternoon;

Can you please at least point me in the direction of how you came about this information?

Thanks in advance unless it's a secret.

Edited by lenaandbilly

Timeline
did you call to nvc and talk to a supervisor?

Yup, Yesterday...supervisor (if really she was one) said the only thing that her computer can tell her is I am still in AP.

I faxed my letter to the Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs on Friday afternoon;

Can you please at least point me in the direction of how you came about this information?

I would like to have that also...can PM it to me?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I can't believe what has happened ... wondering if anyone else had a similar experience ... Sept 7 NVC sends us a letter saying our petition (K-1)is approved and is being forwarded to the consulate within 7 days. This letter contains our "A" number and our consulate case number (the one that begins with the 3 letter code of your consulate). 14 days later, I call the consulate and they haven't received it. I call back to NVC and they tell me our case was never sent to the consulate, and it's being held in AP status. They wouldn't tell me anything else. This is like going backward. The letter was not ambiguous... it was clear and definite, then they sent us backward. I feel so angry and frustrated.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline
did you call to nvc and talk to a supervisor?

Yup, Yesterday...supervisor (if really she was one) said the only thing that her computer can tell her is I am still in AP.

I would like to have that also...can PM it to me?

Me too, pleeeeeeeeeease!

Well I thought today was day 31 for me in in AP ...but I was wrong. When I called today (still in AP) they said your case was received on August 18th....I originally thought it was received on August 24th. So this makes me actually day 37 in AP!!!!! &*3@&**!!!!!!!! No word back from my Congresswoman who supposedled called them last Thursday. I have grown very weary of this process. First the CSC loses my file after it is approved, so NVC doesn't receive it till after one month, now I am in AP for almost 1 & 1/2 months. 2 & 1/2 months lost...for nothing!

Are you referring to your Senator or your Representative in the Congress?

Event Date

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline
I just got off the phone with the supervisor at NVC (Leila) with whom I spoke last Thursday. She told me at that time that she would put in a request to find out the status of our case. She said today that they had responded to her request: they have completed their reviews and are preparing to send it out to Seoul, and that it'll definitely be leaving NVC this week.

Mind you, I'm not getting excited yet... when I find out for sure that it's been shipped, I'll breathe a little easier... and I'll wait 'til we hear from the consulate to start dancing... but I'm cautiously optimistic. This may, finally, be progress.

The operator at NVC just said our file was sent to Seoul today! I can't see the DHL tracking info yet, but I'll keep checking.

Congrats! Just watch the DHL tracking, Im doing the same thing waiting to see packet to Paris.

You can also call the State Department (202-663-1225) to see whether the file's been received and logged into the system at the embassy yet.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but I actually had a letter from NVC saying our case was approved and was being forwarded to the consulate, but after 2 weeks and the consulate didn't have it, I called back to NVC and they told me our case was in AP status. I had a clear letter in writing, even with our NPL (Naples Consulate code) and his Alien registration number. Good luck. Just don't believe anything until it happens. They tell you one thing and do another.

Event Date

Timeline
I can't believe what has happened ... wondering if anyone else had a similar experience ... Sept 7 NVC sends us a letter saying our petition (K-1)is approved and is being forwarded to the consulate within 7 days. This letter contains our "A" number and our consulate case number (the one that begins with the 3 letter code of your consulate). 14 days later, I call the consulate and they haven't received it. I call back to NVC and they tell me our case was never sent to the consulate, and it's being held in AP status. They wouldn't tell me anything else. This is like going backward. The letter was not ambiguous... it was clear and definite, then they sent us backward. I feel so angry and frustrated.

I think everybody gets that letter. I got it too after they received our case from CSC..that was 37 days ago. Sorry

Timeline

I think everybody gets that letter. I got it too after they received our case from CSC..that was 37 days ago. Sorry

amazing! then they should make it clear that's a form letter and they should take out the phrase "your petition has been approved" ... No, Wait! That would be logical, kind and efficient! I don't think they know these concepts.

Event Date

Timeline
Day 17, still in AP. Was feeling ornery when I called so I asked to speak to a supervisor. Didn't have any additional info, but offered to send a note to "the unit that has your case" (she didn't tell me which unit that is) asking them to see if they can speed it up or at least give us some idea how much longer it's going to take. She gave me her name (Leila) and told me to call back Monday or Tuesday and ask for her.

I called today at 9:30pm. Remained calm and collected. Some guy Caleb answered. I asked for additional info and he transferred me to a Supervisor named Sophia (probably his coworker in the next cube).

I asked "Why am I in AP, was it a random pick?" She says she dose not know.

Then I ask if they have my petition there in NVC, she says yes they do.

I then asked if she has any additional information on the case that she could tell me. She just gives me the pat answer.

This is worse that waiting five months at the Vermont Center! Why? Because i see all these petitions fly out of NVC like a hot potatos while others sit and ferment in some desk drawer for some mysterious reason.

I agree this is worse than the wait at USCIS, because most cases seem to pass so quickly through NVC, then you have to wonder if they found out your second cousin twice removed got a ticket one time for jaywalking in some town in Idaho 20years ago, and they suspect you of being a criminal.

Event Date

Timeline
From what I've learned from other people here on VJ, it is quite the norm for NVC to do additional backround checks on the petitioner/beneficiary, in most cases the petitioner. It's very frustrating as they will not volunteer to tell you you are in AP unless you specifically ask them that question. We called just about everyday to ask if our case had been sent to Manila and the only answer we got was "No, not yet". We later called a second time on the same day and asked if we were in AP, and they said "Yes." Why couldnt they just disclose that from the beginning.

We were even sent 3 letters stating that our approved petition was recd by their office and that they would forward the petition to Manila within a week...... well it never left and now the waiting begins until they are done doing their checks... I have done a lot of research in VJ's timeline and the maximum for a K1 petition under AP at NVC was 4 weeks that I could see. I just hope we dont go longer than that.

Good Luck to us all, and lets pray this ends soon...

I saw one for 50 days

Event Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:crying: 2 more days and it will be a month stuck at the d**n NVC

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-07

I-129F RFE(s) : Thanks to VJ NONE!!!!!

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-24

NVC Received : 2009-08-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-06 41 days of AP at NVC

Consulate Received : 2009-10-08

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-11-10

Visa Received : 2009-11-17

US Entry : 2009-11-21

Marriage : 2009-12-18 Married!!!!!!

Comments : INTERVIEW PASSED!!!!!!!!!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 139 days from your NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.