Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
As an aside, does it seem to anyone else that the typical AP release schedule is sliding down to the 35 day mark? not saying it is bad, just observing that it has been awhile since we have had any 50 day-ers. Ron, is it possible to plot the average AP hold time by release week to see what the trend is doing?

:yes: That is precisely what I have been meaning to do!

I was initially thinking of doing that by month, but I think that it's come down sharply enough in the past few weeks that it would be better to capture the weekly trend, as you suggest. It really isn't very hard to write the code for this ... I would estimate it's a few hours on top of what we have already, but I haven't quite gotten around to it. It didn't happen on the weekend, so perhaps during the week.

My hunch is we'll see a significant drop in the typical AP hold time. What I'm also curious to see however is whether the influx rate (number of new cases added per unit time) has increased, decreased, or held steady as well.

One problem with all of this is that I just don't trust the sample size. VJ itself is a tiny sampling of all cases. And our error-prone system of tracking AP@NVC cases by timeline dates means that there's a lot of faulty records in a very small sample size. Any true statistician (which I am not, by any means) will tell you that the error margins on this data are enormous. Still, it's all we have to work with, so better than just being in the dark entirely.

Timeline

Free at last, Free at last, thank God almighty I am Free at last

39 days @ NVC but called tonight and they said Package sent today to BKK

Wow I feel great relief, one more hurdle……

I really want to thank you all for the kind words of encouragement that were offered, reading your stories and getting your support was a great help... THANK YOU

K-1 Visa

San Jose California

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-10

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

NVC Left : 2009-04-20

Consulate Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-05-07

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-28

Interview Date : 2009-06-30

Visa Received : 2009-07-02

US Entry : 2009-07-04

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : touched 3/9/2009

Administrative Review at NVC

AP@NVC

Free at last left NVC

Embassy says they recieved it on same day it left NVC

Finally Got an Appointment Date Thank God

VISA ISSUED WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 70 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2009-07-04

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Very fast and very easy... The officer was very friendly and quick, he reminded us to make sure we marrry within the 90 days. total time maybe 10 minutes at most...

Finally got my baby!!! Thank you BKK; POE SFO was great

WOW!

bumper day for our little community (crosses fingers please please please let us out of NVC jail soon!!!)

Congratulations to all newly released inmates! :dance:

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I really want to thank you all for the kind words of encouragement that were offered, reading your stories and getting your support was a great help... THANK YOU

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all who see this although i was only here for a short time i went through more than a month of pure panic same as you. I have found out just now that NVC released Carla and my paperwork to be sent to Lima today. I have no idea how long it will take to get there or what a time line is for rest of this to work out but we are free and i wish all of you the same luck , I believe those of you next to my same times will be soon released as well. I can only imagine that everything is as they say RANDOM. many thanks and please keep up the good work and be patient. < unlike me>

Congratulations! :dance: glad your stay wasn't too long

Yeah! congrats :star:

Always nice to see a few releases to start the week!

Lots of stars for Lisa for getting this thread pinned and getting the wiki entry started. Thank you! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Edited by Talyss

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline

Congrats!!! Glad you got out of NVC... good luck with the rest of your journey :thumbs:

BTW - you may want to check out these other VJ threads-

Sawasdee3 (issues related to K1 filings for Thailand petitioners/beneficiaries): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175951

Thailand thread (discussion of all things Thailand-related): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191584

Timeline

Congrats!!! Glad you got out of NVC... good luck with the rest of your journey :thumbs:

BTW - you may want to check out these other VJ threads-

Sawasdee3 (issues related to K1 filings for Thailand petitioners/beneficiaries): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175951

Thailand thread (discussion of all things Thailand-related): http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191584

:dance::)Thank you I will check those thread out for sure, I plan on being an information sharing member of this form, hopefully to help those who folow in our footsteps.... :dance:

K-1 Visa

San Jose California

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-10

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

NVC Left : 2009-04-20

Consulate Received : 2009-04-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-05-07

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-28

Interview Date : 2009-06-30

Visa Received : 2009-07-02

US Entry : 2009-07-04

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : touched 3/9/2009

Administrative Review at NVC

AP@NVC

Free at last left NVC

Embassy says they recieved it on same day it left NVC

Finally Got an Appointment Date Thank God

VISA ISSUED WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 70 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2009-07-04

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Very fast and very easy... The officer was very friendly and quick, he reminded us to make sure we marrry within the 90 days. total time maybe 10 minutes at most...

Finally got my baby!!! Thank you BKK; POE SFO was great

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Congratulations! :dance: Im so happy for you!! Good luck with your interview!! :dance:

2008-10-21: I-129F sent

2008-10-27:NOA1

2009-02-19:NOA2

2009-02-24:NVC received

2009-04-07:NVC left (42days )

2009-04-14:packet

2009-04-14:police check

2009-04-27:medical exam

2009-05-13:medical reexamine---passed

2009-06-15:interview

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thats wonderful!!! congrats and good luck at the interview :D

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
Lots of stars for Lisa for getting this thread pinned and getting the wiki entry started. Thank you! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

:blush: no problem! We've all seen the numerous threads that people start because they didnt see this thread frist.

I hope NVC keeps on with the 35 or so day release trend!! yaaay :dance:

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
good luck to all who have been released ,i hope the rest of the process is smooth sailing for you and the rest of us still stuck!!!! :thumbs:

I agree ... good luck to all...

I'm posting here because I just saw something that made me do a double-take :o

I clicked on 'flicker's Time line, and saw that they are "thomas+emily" , Singapore, VSC, entered NVC on 2009-03-30

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=50974

Ok, so they are still in AP I thought, hope they get out soon......

But then I went to T-List, and saw an entry for Thomas+Emily on the "K1 Stuck and Released" table.

So I thought.. huh?? How can that be? Maybe I have a bug to track down... but... no, it's not a bug...

it's a DIFFERENT Thomas+Emily!

"Thomas+Emily", London UK, CSC, entered NVC 2008-11-07, exited 2008-12-22, stuck 45 days

What are the odds that TWO couples named "Thomas+Emily" both got stuck AP@NVC?

Do you think maybe that's part of the "random" filter - hold all "Thomas+Emily" cases? :angry: :angry:

Good morning my AP peeps.

I'm getting all of a dither at the moment trying to sort things out in anticipation of our release from NVC....and wanted to ask a quick question.

Last time I called NVC, they took my email address. Does this mean that they will actually contact me when we break out of jail? Or, like everything else to do with NVC, was it just a way of giving misinformation and false hope to their inmates.

Has anyone actually recieved an email from them when they were released? I dont mind calling, but its putting a hell of a dent in my phone bill, and dave is working so many hours at the moment he doesnt have time to even sleep properly.

Thanks......hoping to see more releases today! wooohooo!!!

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Timeline

I'm getting all of a dither at the moment trying to sort things out in anticipation of our release from NVC....and wanted to ask a quick question.

Last time I called NVC, they took my email address. Does this mean that they will actually contact me when we break out of jail? Or, like everything else to do with NVC, was it just a way of giving misinformation and false hope to their inmates.

Has anyone actually recieved an email from them when they were released? I dont mind calling, but its putting a hell of a dent in my phone bill, and dave is working so many hours at the moment he doesnt have time to even sleep properly.

nah, they just get the email address. I never received ANY correspondence when we were released on good behavior :P

Thanks!

Never received anything from them at all:( I used skype to call them usually worked out at about 10-20 pence a time, I found 5-6pm english time was a good time for getting through without too long a time having to queue.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.