HYENA

SAWASDEE 3 (2009 Thai thread restarted)

3,311 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

OK, I guess this will be the new thread then. Here's a link to the original (not original but most recent Sawasdee thread since we were asked to start a new one --http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78

threads over 300 pages bog down the server, apparently.

So...welcome everyone!

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
OK, I guess this will be the new thread then. Here's a link to the original (not original but most recent Sawasdee thread since we were asked to start a new one --http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78

So...welcome everyone!

I emailed admin to add this link to the old thread.

Responding to one of the last posts...

I'm wondering if everyone has to deal with this new guy at the embassy or is he a luck of the draw. Anyone been approved by him? I'd love to know what he likes to focus on, etc.

What's to stop someone from "doctoring up" emails? I don't understand why they place so much weight on them. Makes me worry a bit. She started sending me emails again. You'd think hundreds of dollars worth of phone bills, 3 visits, money sent would do?

I'm going to ask the lawyer to see if we should include the pre-wedding reception photos (so they know we're for real going through the motions in front of the whole village) or if this would be seen as a true wedding (although no papers...just ceremony so her family can participate and witness it since it's a rare event in her family)..then do the official wedding in the US....

I'm just trying to think of anything before hand to stem off before it's an issue once we interview. My nightmare would be going to BKK and coming back without her wasting a trip.

Just panicking here! Anyone who has gone through it before (especially if you've had difficulties) have any advice/suggestions? I feel bad for these 2 guys and I'm coming up soon. I don't see any other Thai visas between us although I'm sure someone here exists...jst a matter of time till they pop up. I'd love to know more about this new nasty bald guy who's not easy. The good ole days I read from other Thai visas...."3 questions, approved, 2 questions, approved, 5 questions approved" now this guy....30 questions on hold/admin review/shooting squad!

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline

So...welcome everyone!

I emailed admin to add this link to the old thread.

Responding to one of the last posts...

I'm wondering if everyone has to deal with this new guy at the embassy or is he a luck of the draw. Anyone been approved by him? I'd love to know what he likes to focus on, etc.

What's to stop someone from "doctoring up" emails? I don't understand why they place so much weight on them. Makes me worry a bit. She started sending me emails again. You'd think hundreds of dollars worth of phone bills, 3 visits, money sent would do?

I'm going to ask the lawyer to see if we should include the pre-wedding reception photos (so they know we're for real going through the motions in front of the whole village) or if this would be seen as a true wedding (although no papers...just ceremony so her family can participate and witness it since it's a rare event in her family)..then do the official wedding in the US....

I'm just trying to think of anything before hand to stem off before it's an issue once we interview. My nightmare would be going to BKK and coming back without her wasting a trip.

Just panicking here! Anyone who has gone through it before (especially if you've had difficulties) have any advice/suggestions? I feel bad for these 2 guys and I'm coming up soon. I don't see any other Thai visas between us although I'm sure someone here exists...jst a matter of time till they pop up. I'd love to know more about this new nasty bald guy who's not easy. The good ole days I read from other Thai visas...."3 questions, approved, 2 questions, approved, 5 questions approved" now this guy....30 questions on hold/admin review/shooting squad!

Don't panic, Noy and I went through this with the embassy just a couple of months ago. Don't go out of your way to make up emails. Submit what you have but do submit all of your phone records and your Instant Messages. When they asked (which they did for us) why there wasn't more emails or IMs, Noy pointed to the phone records to where I had highlighted the total number of calls and hours. Concerning the picture evidence, make sure when your fiancee brings pictures that its not just only of the two of you. Pictures with family members and friends with the two of you and lots of it help to beef up your case. Luckily we had some pictures that wasn't just of me and her which she went to develop and brought back with her. The only othe problem that they got stuck on was my tax return. They wanted my tax transcript for 2007 which I thought a copy of my W-2 and my tax return (turbo prep printou) was enough but it wasn't. I was able to get my tax transcript from the IRS for 2007 fairly quickly and emailed it to her to print out and take with her in addition to the additional pictures to the embassy. I followed with the Embassy with an email and we were finally able to get approved.

Edited by brnl78

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

If it were me i would not include any pictures of any wedding ceremony. The consulate might question if you are already married and then tell you to go the CR1 route. I have read on here that some had problems showing just ceremony pictures, so i wouldn't do it myself. I have about as much evidence as the rest of you except we are married already and going the CR1 route. I don''t have any e-mails for this year because we don''t e-mail unless i'm out on depolyment. Her computer is acting up anyway(i told her not to let her 4yo niece play on it but she didn't listen). we talk 2 times a day and txt alot but i printed out all the e-mails from the three years before we got married. so if they don't like what we have then i guess it will be time to call my congressman and tell him that i can't do my job because i'm to stressed out about this fat a$$ in the consulate.

USCIS

08/21/2008- Mailed I-130 today

08/23/2008- I-130 recieved at chicago lock box

08/27/2008- NOA1 notice date

01/05/2009- recieved NOA2 approval e-mail from CRIS

NVC

2009-01-16 : NVC Received and Case Number Assigned (don't know exact date)

2009-01-16 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

2009-01-25 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-01-28 : AOS bill invoiced (paid online)

2009-02-02 : AOS bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-02 : AOS package sent to NVC (sent overnight)

2009-01-29 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2??? : AOS entered into NVC system (NVC recieved AOS 03-feb-2009)

2009-02-01 : IV bill invoiced(paid online)

2009-02-03 : IV bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-23 : Medical completed

2009-03-13: DS-230 and Packet 3 sent to NVC

2009-03-17: DS-230 and packet 3 recieved by NVC

2009-03-27: RFE to correct a date on DS-230

2009-03-30: Corrected DS-230 recieved by NVC

2009-04-06 : case complete at NVC

Embassy

2009-05-01 : Forward the case to Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

2009-06-03 : Interview at Embassy APPROVED!!!

Timeline
If it were me i would not include any pictures of any wedding ceremony. The consulate might question if you are already married and then tell you to go the CR1 route. I have read on here that some had problems showing just ceremony pictures, so i wouldn't do it myself. I have about as much evidence as the rest of you except we are married already and going the CR1 route. I don''t have any e-mails for this year because we don''t e-mail unless i'm out on depolyment. Her computer is acting up anyway(i told her not to let her 4yo niece play on it but she didn't listen). we talk 2 times a day and txt alot but i printed out all the e-mails from the three years before we got married. so if they don't like what we have then i guess it will be time to call my congressman and tell him that i can't do my job because i'm to stressed out about this fat a$$ in the consulate.

Yup definitely concur about not including anything close to a wedding ceremony. The Embassy is being a pain in the #### as it is (which is their job), don't want to add any more distracitons.

Timeline

In my K1 application I provided a table based timeline summary as the cover page for my "Proof of Relationship Section" Within the summary page I used a MS Word table that showed the relationship progressing and the type of interaction. Additionally one of the cells provided a reference to the subsection within my "Proof of relationship section" These subsections were broken down into email, chat, phone logs, pictures, passport stamps, tickets, receipts. I will just update this section after my March trip and again when we get the NOA2 (April / May). Sorry if my description is difficult to understand. I can send the MS word document to anyone who wants to see it...

I didn’t think about providing this before but based upon what you are saying I'm going to add to the summary page with totals of our chat logs and phone conversations. We talk about 20 ~ 90 minutes a day and I could not imagine anyone making a case for that being marriage fraud.

Timeline

I totally agree with this. This seems to be an issue India alot. They have a ceremony but don't actually get legally married. The CO sees these photos, and says "you're married, visa denied" So if you are K-1, don't throw in any marriage photos even if you are not legally married.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

So...welcome everyone!

Not really sure why this is under the K-1 forum. Seems like it should be under Asia: East and Pacific. Not everyone going through Thailand is K-1.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

From what my fiancee experienced, it was the questions that were the easy part. Normal questions, when/where/how did you meet, how many times has he seen you/when did he come back, when do you plan on getting married. Nothing off the wall like fav color, food, or what side of the bed I sleep on. He was just overly scrutinizing of gaps in evidence (which were the times I was in Thailand and cross country for the Marines and was out of contact, but she knew this), and discrepancies from the USCIS side to the consular side. Only thing I can think of was a mis-spelling of her mother's first name on the G-325A and he basically told her that she was lying to me, what an @$$. It's bull chips and there's nothing I can do about it.

If it doesn't get approved, I'll file for a waiver and if that fails, we can marry and try again. Maybe then they'll know we are serious. We had about 30 photos of us together and with family, 20+ pages of call logs, and 20 screen shots of video chats and messenger logs. He didn't mention anything about lack of evidence, so I wouldn't sweat it. Just make sure you have ALL the required documents. Read over packet 3 and 4 multiple times. That seems to be the kicker for most people, especially if they live in northern Thailand and have to make a one-day trip to the local amphur to get anything.

~Eric

Edited by eric_f

Timeline
From what my fiancee experienced, it was the questions that were the easy part. Normal questions, when/where/how did you meet, how many times has he seen you/when did he come back, when do you plan on getting married. Nothing off the wall like fav color, food, or what side of the bed I sleep on. He was just overly scrutinizing of gaps in evidence (which were the times I was in Thailand and cross country for the Marines and was out of contact, but she knew this), and discrepancies from the USCIS side to the consular side. Only thing I can think of was a mis-spelling of her mother's first name on the G-325A and he basically told her that she was lying to me, what an @$$. It's bull chips and there's nothing I can do about it.

If it doesn't get approved, I'll file for a waiver and if that fails, we can marry and try again. Maybe then they'll know we are serious. We had about 30 photos of us together and with family, 20+ pages of call logs, and 20 screen shots of video chats and messenger logs. He didn't mention anything about lack of evidence, so I wouldn't sweat it. Just make sure you have ALL the required documents. Read over packet 3 and 4 multiple times. That seems to be the kicker for most people, especially if they live in northern Thailand and have to make a one-day trip to the local amphur to get anything.

~Eric

Did you get approved on your interview date? If not when will you find out? Sorry if I missed something as I read your post...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancee just got the single certificate from her Ampur office. She wants to go get the police certificate, however they asked her for a letter from the embassy. I presume this could be the letter included with Packet 3? So perhaps we'll wait on that one.

Timeline
My fiancee just got the single certificate from her Ampur office. She wants to go get the police certificate, however they asked her for a letter from the embassy. I presume this could be the letter included with Packet 3? So perhaps we'll wait on that one.

Yes, I only heard of one here who was able to get the corrupt-cops report with NOA1 alone...the rest had to wait. I am having her go north to get her single cert but I'm awaiting the email from our liars office (Siam Legal) to make sure it's not too early since I haven't gotten NOA2 and my packet isn't even in Thailand yet. I want to make sure everything is done according to what they reccomend. I've also asked them about fatty and what the deal is with him and what I can do to get through this. I'll have to wait till they respond mon or tues since i sent it over the weekend.

My problem is I've blown about a grand in phone bills alone but no phone logs. I dial the 1800 number from cthai and call her after she rings my phone once. i wonder if I can get a log from them based on my pin number? Then again they could say it was too one-sided (which seems to be the complaint)...claiming I call her but she doens't call me?

I don't have screen shots or anything. I only recently learned how to save IM conversations but she doesn't write much...we talk a ton though.

I thought my trips, pics and a few emails would do...also the money I've sent her, gold, engagement ring plane tickets, trip to cambodia together, etc.

We used a liar so it's in their format so if I bring further evidence do I make a new file or add to the original one they have when she brings it all to the embassy to talk to fatty?

We talk 1-5 hours a day (it's insane)! How do I prove that, though? Ughh! We do have pics of other people...me going to her house, etc.

I don't know what else I can do. I'm gonna call Siam Legal late tonight (Monday over there) to find out ####### else I can do to get around Mr. Adipose at the embassy.

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline
Did you get approved on your interview date? If not when will you find out? Sorry if I missed something as I read your post...

Negative!

~Eric

So you did two separate applications at the same time? I'll have to look up the numbers and see what they mean. I don't think I saw the entire what happened (I need to go back). So you did a fiancee and another one ...is that what made him suspicious? Trying to be unbiased, where do yo think he was coming from thinking it was a sham?

I think the best way is to get inside the head of Mr. Adipose (so to speak) and think like he is and see where he's coming from in order to do the right things. I'm not worried about the questions; she knows me better than I know myself. It's jsut the evidence...how to turn a grand of phone calls into papers and how to make the whole case two way. She's writing me emails now and I'm saving chat llogs. We do have sms's. Isn't there anyone else or are we stuck with window #5 dude same guy for everyone?

I'll let you know what the liars office says, as well. They've been in business long enough to be able to know what is needed.

Oh there was a question about the thai lady helping Mr. Adipose Alopecia. It sounds like she was holding the file while Mr. Pendulous Abdomen was firing the questions and asking her to retrieve things from the file (didn't sound like she was a translator but I don't think any of us have a language problem that I've heard of...can't imagine not being able to communicate and getting married)....so sounds like the lady was too lazy to open the file and would rather say "not have" than looking for it....

I'm still worried as hell here....doing all I can since I've got 5 weeks of emails to go then we'll have pics once I get there.

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.