Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Did call NVC to find out if package 3 was generated. because from experience. They stop all normal processing when you are in AP and it resumes when you are out of AP. Its like every thing is placed on hold. you should call and find out as soon as possible.

event.png

Re married.- 08/14/2009

Re filed I130 08/25/2010

NOA 1. 08/26/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Thanks guys...

Thank you for your prayers and hope you will let us know soon that you got out from AP...

I read about some problems about the package getting to the local embassy, hope i wont have these kind of problems since i had like 2 RFEs and one NVC delay so far...and from a 3-4 months process i got to a 8 months long process...

Keep the faith...

In Christ alone my hope is found;

He is my light, my strength, my song;

This cornerstone, this solid ground,

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
After 6 weeks and 3 days in AP we are out at last! Thank you guys for all the encouragement and support.

To those who are still in AP you hang on and have a little more patience, your turn will come.

Take care and God bless us all.

:thumbs: congrats.

good luck on the interview, and to a speedy reunion

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I know I must have asked this before... but I'll just do it again. To both kill some time and maybe to feel a little bit better about the process.

Has anyone ever found out what these checks are all about? A bunch of things come to mind, such as those no-fly lists, other paranoid things... then there are probably things I can't even think about.

We don't have police records, we've not done a single thing, ever, that was against any and all laws. No speeding tickets on either end. Nothing. No previous marriages. No name changes. No kids. No previous addresses. Nothing. At. All. We're perfectly boring.

Does anyone else believe that, actually, they do these background checks (aka AP) at random, too? Like... there has to be a certain number of files that have to go through it just to achieve some whatever number of background checks to use as statistics, special control, or anything else?

This is driving me nuts, clearly.

5 weeks and counting. Hopefully, if the 6-ish week rule really applies these days, we'll be out of this hole by the end of this week. And then? Who knows. Considering how no one but KimandRuss has, apparently, been through this, people either don't get approved after AP, or... approved people just don't go into AP in the first place.

Meh.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

It's a crazy making process for sure...if you weren't nuts when you got to NVC....you might be when they send you on.

I couldn't think of a reason we were stuck there as long as we were either, in spite of long nights spent staring at the ceiling in the dark.

I vote..random selection and very bad luck. Heck..why can't I get randomly selected to win this weeks Lotto???

My interview is a week tomorrow, so as soon as I am done with that I will let you know the outcome. *fingers crossed *

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

i vote for random selection too...or maybe i needed to learn more about patience (im a very inpatient person), still i would say that this next week you'll get out of NVC since you will cross the 6 weeks edge...

blessings...

In Christ alone my hope is found;

He is my light, my strength, my song;

This cornerstone, this solid ground,

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

I to think it seems to be completely random, I have a horrible suspicion they are auditing a select number of files more throughly that pass through the general process to ensure the general process has no flaws.

Best of luck to all of you still there, hope this week brings good news.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Y_habibitk!

I hope that all goes well on your interview cdneh, and that there will be no more delays, so that you and your fiance will be together again soon. I will include you in my prayers.

To those who are still in AP I hope this week will bring good news.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks Y_habibitk!

I hope that all goes well on your interview cdneh, and that there will be no more delays, so that you and your fiance will be together again soon. I will include you in my prayers.

To those who are still in AP I hope this week will bring good news.

no packet 3 here yet....reporting in.....

Timeline

NVC has been busy all day, and I havent received a response from my email to them last week.

I'll keep calling just to appease myself :lol:

3 weeks already passed for us, not too bad.

Good Luck to everyone, I hope we all come out soon. .

Lisa

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Thanks for all the comforting words, everyone.

I'll keep trying to convince myself that it all really is just random and that... our cases actually just sit on whoever's desk, waiting to be forwarded to where they already should have been.

Was tempted to call today, again, but didn't. Yay... being able to resist, or something. I'll see if I can wait until... Wednesday. I can't get that DHL search thing to display any results for the 22nd and it annoys me a bit. Maybe, but just maybe, it could have been sent then. Probably not, though.

Good luck, everyone, no matter what exactly you're waiting for!

40 days of NVC for us, today.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Timeline

I think they are and arent random.

They obviously dont do it to everyone..but the trend on this thread is 129f's approved in Dec.

So, I guess they received a ton from the service centers..grabbed a few off each day in Dec and pulled them for AP. Thats my theory and im sticking to it lol

Best wishes everybody

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Well a taught of mine probably some of us were married before probably not , It could be our Immigration history of filing for someone or not. but something along that line. Might not be you directly but family member relatives you know but this is just a taught for me i once filed for my ex wife and had it cancelled. Was giving her a break but that was a bad idea. Too much problems lol.

event.png

Re married.- 08/14/2009

Re filed I130 08/25/2010

NOA 1. 08/26/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.