mimimimimi

AOS FILERS: DECEMBER 2008

1,117 posts in this topic

my hubby's biometrics was scheduled 1/15/2009 which is next Friday...we had already planned a Florida trip the entire next week so we decided to do a walk-in today (1/06/2009) because we were in the area anyways for an Infopass appt (to try to expedite our 1-131 advanced parole) Anyway, they took him in without a fuss, and even mentioned that as long as we have that paper, we can go to ANY biometrics office nationwide...there was no line and it took only 10-15mins. sweeet!!

What was NOT sweet was the Infopass appointment in the next building. the lady was a scary woman who i hope will not interfere with our application, because she was saying we probably lied to the border patrol about being married when my hubby came in on a tourist visa a few months ago. SHe said they might look up the border patrol's record to see who is lying. I told her to go ahead because we wouldnt lie and say we're NOT married when we've clearly been married for 5 years already! In the end, she said the San Francisco branch cannot expedite the I-131 advanced parole because nobody died. I mentioned that we have a business emergency, which supposedly qualifies for expediting the advanced parole, and nobody has to be dead to do this. She told me my husband is welcome to leave the country if his need is so emergent, but he wont be welcome to come back. What kind of answer is that? The whole time, she implied my husband and I were liars trying to screw with the system. :bonk: She got our cell phone # and said she'll call us soon after she talks to the MSC and try to get the I-131 adjudicated faster/separately from the I-485/I-130. Verrrry interesting... i hope she doesnt screw this up for us!!

04/20/2004 Got married in the Philippines, and lived between here and there

10/15/2008 Husband arrives in USA on B1/B2 Tourist Visa

12/19/2008 Sent I-130 & I-485 AOS package via USPS Priority

12/21/2008 Package delivered

12/26/2008 NOA's dated for I-1485, I-130, I-131, I-765

03/30/2009 Obtained Green Card

01/24/2012 Mailed in N-400 for Naturalization

01/31/2012 Check for $680 was cashed

http://www.businessbeanstalk.com

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi all,

Just checked the online status of our case and saw that it was transferred to CSC on 1/5/09 our check was cashed on 12/27/08 still no bio appt yet but happy to see that its moving in the right direction. if someone could please update the spreadsheet for me id greatly appreciate it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

In my opinion behavior like that should be taken up with her manager. This is a government employee (aka Civil Servant) and we pay their salaries. I realize that in our situation it may feel like we need to just shut up and take it… or "not make waves" but this person disrespected you. More than that they are in a position of authority and it sounds, from what you've said, like they made a tacit threat. That is discrimination.

my hubby's biometrics was scheduled 1/15/2009 which is next Friday...we had already planned a Florida trip the entire next week so we decided to do a walk-in today (1/06/2009) because we were in the area anyways for an Infopass appt (to try to expedite our 1-131 advanced parole) Anyway, they took him in without a fuss, and even mentioned that as long as we have that paper, we can go to ANY biometrics office nationwide...there was no line and it took only 10-15mins. sweeet!!

What was NOT sweet was the Infopass appointment in the next building. the lady was a scary woman who i hope will not interfere with our application, because she was saying we probably lied to the border patrol about being married when my hubby came in on a tourist visa a few months ago. SHe said they might look up the border patrol's record to see who is lying. I told her to go ahead because we wouldnt lie and say we're NOT married when we've clearly been married for 5 years already! In the end, she said the San Francisco branch cannot expedite the I-131 advanced parole because nobody died. I mentioned that we have a business emergency, which supposedly qualifies for expediting the advanced parole, and nobody has to be dead to do this. She told me my husband is welcome to leave the country if his need is so emergent, but he wont be welcome to come back. What kind of answer is that? The whole time, she implied my husband and I were liars trying to screw with the system. :bonk: She got our cell phone # and said she'll call us soon after she talks to the MSC and try to get the I-131 adjudicated faster/separately from the I-485/I-130. Verrrry interesting... i hope she doesnt screw this up for us!!

Our Visa Journey

07/29/07 ---- Mailed I-129F

08/25/07 --- Check finally cashed (8/27 I should be able to see the R number on the back).

08/27/07 --- NOA1 Arrives from CSC and I create my account profile on the USCIS.Gov web-site (the clock starts)!!!

02/05/08 --- After 191 days NOA2 (Approval) comes at last!!!!

2/14/08 --- NVC sends letter saying that it's on the way to the US Embassy in Bangkok

2/25/08 --- She receives Packet 3 from the Embassy

3/29/08 --- She receives Packet 4 with interview date (July 11th).

3/30/08 --- I e-mail the Embassy asking to make the date earlier because I've already got our tickets for June 13th!!!

5/6/08 --- No help from the Embassy. Rebooked tickets and vacation till September.

5/21/08 --- Embassy calls her and moves interview to May 27th!!!!! You have got to be kidding me!!!

9/21/08 --- POE San Francisco!!!!

12/8/08 --- Married!!!!

12/15/08 --- Mail AOS + AP + EAD package to Chicago

12/28/08 --- Come back from vacation and find AOS/AP/EAD NOA 1 and Bio App notices in the mailbox!!!

1/13/09 --- Bio Appt

4/22/09 --- AOS Interview "APPROVED"!!!

3/04/2011 --- OUR BABY IS BORN... We have a son!!!!!

3/10/2011 --- Mail I-751 application to lift conditions on residency

3/12/2011 --- I-751 Package received by CSC

3/14/2011 --- NOA 1

3/21/2011 --- NOA 2 (Biometrics Appt 4/18/2011)

5/27/2011 --- ROC Approved. 10 Year Green Card arrived 6/04/2011

Filed: Timeline

wow, shocking. :o did you write down the officer's name? I wonder if there's a way to complain and to whom in these kind of cases.

I mean, do they have the right to do it?

updated ;)

sorry i've been slackin. can someone update us on the spreadsheet?

bio appt notice date: 12-22-08

bio appt notice rec: 12-24-08

bio appt date: 1-16-09

transfered to CSC: 1-6-09

Edited by mimigrant

12-13-2010....RoC

Hey guys, does someone knows what happens USCIS-wise after Biometrics are done?

There's like this limbo period where you wait for your case to be transferred... so, what is going on internally there? Is it because the FBI is checking you?

And when they transfer you to your local office or CSC, they are the ones who deal with the whole application or AOS/interviews only?

12-13-2010....RoC

Hey guys, does someone knows what happens USCIS-wise after Biometrics are done?

There's like this limbo period where you wait for your case to be transferred... so, what is going on internally there? Is it because the FBI is checking you?

:yes: That and it is waiting in a huge stack of other petitions. At this point it's just a matter of waiting your turn. Which could be in order...but probably will seem completely out of whack and unpredictable. They get portioned out to the agents who deal with these cases, then they start working. They might put yours aside because it's difficult, they might do it right away...we don't know how they decide.

And when they transfer you to your local office or CSC, they are the ones who deal with the whole application or AOS/interviews only?

As I understand, the local office or CSC ONLY deals with the AOS/interview. The EAD and AP stay at Chicago and are adjudicated there. :)

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

As I understand, the local office or CSC ONLY deals with the AOS/interview. The EAD and AP stay at Chicago and are adjudicated there. :)

Actually, Chicago seems to be the mail processing center for MSC (National Benefits Center). So, I guess all EAD and AP for AOS filers will be adjudicated in National Benefits Center in Missouri where processing timeframe for I-131 and I-765 is 3 months.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDis...lBenefitsCenter

AOS from H1B

[AOS Timeline of Dec.'08 Filers], [JV Thread for Dec.'08 AOS Filers]

12-17-08: I-130/I-485/I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12-18-08: I-130/I-485/I-765 delivered

12-29-08: Received 3 NOAs (dated 12-24-2008)

12-29-08: Checks cashed

1-5-09: Received Biometric appt. notice (dated 12-30-2008)

1-20-09: Biometric done

2-17-09: Received interview appt. letter (dated 2-12-2009)

3-5-09: Received EAD (dated 2-28-2009)

4-6-09: AOS Intervew @NYC

4-13-09: Received welcome letter (dated 4-8-09)

4-18-09: Received GC (dated 4-13-08)

Hi Mimi and Thee-Rack.. yes I know I have a right to complain, and my Dad even said I should file a complaint with that lady's manager, but I know she has direct contact (by phone) with someone in the Missouri service center MSC where our file currently is. I dont want to aggravate the situation because who knows what this cuckoo is gonna do?! She might tell her friend in the MSC to put our case at the bottom of the pile and make us wait forever. She did hint at us having to wait at least 180 days, and up to 9 months for the I-131 to be approved. I told her that on the website, current processing times is only 3 months ..she said it wasnt true. So frustrating! I know its true because right here on VJ the average I-131 approval is about 75 days.

04/20/2004 Got married in the Philippines, and lived between here and there

10/15/2008 Husband arrives in USA on B1/B2 Tourist Visa

12/19/2008 Sent I-130 & I-485 AOS package via USPS Priority

12/21/2008 Package delivered

12/26/2008 NOA's dated for I-1485, I-130, I-131, I-765

03/30/2009 Obtained Green Card

01/24/2012 Mailed in N-400 for Naturalization

01/31/2012 Check for $680 was cashed

http://www.businessbeanstalk.com

Hi All,

I am sorry I have been off with christmas and new years, I already got the NOA1s but not the biometrics, I wonder if it is because I asked for a waiver for mumbs which is the only vaccine I am missing, because of possibility of pregnancy and I just confirmed that I am pregnant!, I wonder if they will delay because of the waiver for the biometrics appointment as I seen many of you already have it!, I have already wrote our timeline, if you want to write it up on the spreadsheet!.

Thank you! and happy new year!

Itzy

Hi All,

I am sorry I have been off with christmas and new years, I already got the NOA1s but not the biometrics, I wonder if it is because I asked for a waiver for mumbs which is the only vaccine I am missing, because of possibility of pregnancy and I just confirmed that I am pregnant!, I wonder if they will delay because of the waiver for the biometrics appointment as I seen many of you already have it!, I have already wrote our timeline, if you want to write it up on the spreadsheet!.

Itzy

Congrats on the pregnancy! I don't think that will delay you...but that's just a guess. They might ask about it later on if you have an interview, but they will waive vaccinations for valid medical reasons.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Thanks Aravis!

I just checked my status and they said on January 6, I was transfered to California Service Center, I will receive a notification on why they did that!.

Itzy

No worries about that. :) Everyone gets transferred...either to CSC (California Service Center) or to their local office. Getting transferred to CSC means you won't have an interview. :) Congrats again!

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Congrats on the pregnancy, that's awesome!

Hi All,

Itzy

12-13-2010....RoC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.