mimimimimi

AOS FILERS: DECEMBER 2008

1,117 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

yes that's what I thought, as Chicago is only a lock box, a case distribution center.

there's one more thing I don't really understand. I live in NYC. The office that takes care of NY applications is the Vermont one, correct? So why do they apparently transfer it to the Long Island or New Jersey offices? Is that where they get transferred to?

And when they transfer you to your local office or CSC, they are the ones who deal with the whole application or AOS/interviews only?

As I understand, the local office or CSC ONLY deals with the AOS/interview. The EAD and AP stay at Chicago and are adjudicated there. :)

Actually, Chicago seems to be the mail processing center for MSC (National Benefits Center). So, I guess all EAD and AP for AOS filers will be adjudicated in National Benefits Center in Missouri where processing timeframe for I-131 and I-765 is 3 months.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDis...lBenefitsCenter

12-13-2010....RoC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes that's what I thought, as Chicago is only a lock box, a case distribution center.

there's one more thing I don't really understand. I live in NYC. The office that takes care of NY applications is the Vermont one, correct? So why do they apparently transfer it to the Long Island or New Jersey offices? Is that where they get transferred to?

I think that VSC is a service center, not a local office. So they don't actually do interviews or anything...they just adjudicate cases (like K-1s) there. I could be wrong, but that was my understanding. For example, my K1 was adjudicated in California...but our local office is Salt Lake, so if we had an interview, that's where it would be.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

I agree, that's probably how it works. When there's no interview, they go to service centers; in case there's an interview, they go to local offices.

I think that VSC is a service center, not a local office. So they don't actually do interviews or anything...they just adjudicate cases (like K-1s) there. I could be wrong, but that was my understanding. For example, my K1 was adjudicated in California...but our local office is Salt Lake, so if we had an interview, that's where it would be.

12-13-2010....RoC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i was transffered again :huh:

can i know the reason why they keep transferring our case? last dec 30 i have just received an email that our case was transferred to CSC and now after a week i received again an email stating that our I-485 (AOS) case was transferred to USCIS office. tnx!

I don't think you were actually transferred again...my husband's AOS did that. We got the "transferred to CSC" update, then a "now pending at the office to which it was transferred" update. Then it switched back to "transferred to CSC", then it switched again to the "pending" one. It probably just depends on how the last person who touched it scanned it in. Sometimes it triggers a status change...but it should still be at CSC! :)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yay! maybe i will check later on if it will go back to CSC again ryt? tnx for the immediate reply. GOOD LUCK to all of us

^_^

AOS Timeline

January 08,2009 - I-485 touched

January 05,2009- I-485 and EAD touched

January 02,2009 - Biometrics Appointment

Dec 17,2008 - ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

Dec. 17, 2008-NOAs received EAD,AP AND I 485

Dec. 15, 2008-Check clears our bank account

Dec. 10,2008-NOA date

Dec 02, 2008-USPS delivered the packet

Dec 01, 2008-Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packet

Back from the honeymoon... great time in Disney... want to go back now! (L)

I was hoping for some change on our case while we were away, but to my dismay there has been nothing! No touches, no transfer! :angry:

Hopefully after his Bio appointment tomorrow there will be some movement!

Happy New Year to everyone and congrats to everyone else on their progress.

Edited by Oneil's_wife876

Removal of Conditions

12/24/10 - Mailing I-751 Package!

12/27/10 - Package received at Vermont Service Center

12/31/10 - Check cashed

01/04/11 - Received NOA dated 12/28/10

01/27/11 - Bio Appointment (COMPLETE)

05/23/11 - Approved! Card Production Ordered!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Back from the honeymoon... great time in Disney... want to go back now! (L)

I was hoping for some change on our case while we were away, but to my dismay there has been nothing! No touches, no transfer! :angry:

Hopefully after his Bio appointment tomorrow there will be some movement!

Happy New Year to everyone and congrats to everyone else on their progress.

Hey OW!!

So glad you guys had a good time at Disney!! Don't stress the status...as we say in JA...'It soon come!' ;) I'm sure it'll be transferred soon!

Take care and welcome back,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Thanks for the positive vibes Gill! I hope you're right.

I'll let you guys know how the appointment goes tomorrow. I expect it should go smoothly from what everyone else says.

~Alissa

Removal of Conditions

12/24/10 - Mailing I-751 Package!

12/27/10 - Package received at Vermont Service Center

12/31/10 - Check cashed

01/04/11 - Received NOA dated 12/28/10

01/27/11 - Bio Appointment (COMPLETE)

05/23/11 - Approved! Card Production Ordered!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got a job offer in Austin, Texas. I was wondering if I accepted the job offer and move there alone when my wife is still in New York until she can find another job in Austin, Texas. Will that jeopardize my green card application?

I'm currently on OPT visa (F-1 until August 2009, so I can take the job offer legally, etc.

Any ideas?

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/03/08- Package mailed

12/08/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/09/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/18/08 - I-130 Touched

12/18/08 - I-131/AP Touched

12/15/08- Biometrics Appointment letter recieved

12/29/08- Biometrics Appointment - Buffalo, NY

12/30/08 - I-485/AOS Touched

12/30/08 - I-765/EAD Touched

02/03/09 - I-131 Approved

04/14/09 - I-485 Interview Date - Buffalo, NY

04/14/09 - Approved!!!

I just got a job offer in Austin, Texas. I was wondering if I accepted the job offer and move there alone when my wife is still in New York until she can find another job in Austin, Texas. Will that jeopardize my green card application?

I'm currently on OPT visa (F-1 until August 2009, so I can take the job offer legally, etc.

Any ideas?

I think they won't like that you and your wife are living separately. It might be ok, but they might consider that evidence of a fraud marriage. Is there any way your wife could move right away?

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Any ideas?

I think they won't like that you and your wife are living separately. It might be ok, but they might consider that evidence of a fraud marriage. Is there any way your wife could move right away?

She could, but we would be leaving behind our house (We bought it 3 years ago), we need to sell it first, and she has a job too.

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/03/08- Package mailed

12/18/08 - I-130 Touched

04/14/09 - Approved!!!

Any ideas?

She could, but we would be leaving behind our house (We bought it 3 years ago), we need to sell it first, and she has a job too.

I would post in the main forum and ask what people think...but the advice you will probably get is to find a way to be living together. I have heard that the officers look down pretty severely on cases where married couples are not living together.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

I heard having a house together is a strong evidence of bonafide marriage. Some people are able to apply for removal of conditions earlier if they have a house or a son together...

Any ideas?

12-13-2010....RoC

Timeline

Thanks for sharing this, and I just started a new thread at

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=0#entry2537425

I heard having a house together is a strong evidence of bonafide marriage. Some people are able to apply for removal of conditions earlier if they have a house or a son together...

Any ideas?

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/03/08- Package mailed

12/18/08 - I-130 Touched

04/14/09 - Approved!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.