mimimimimi

AOS FILERS: DECEMBER 2008

1,117 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am sending our package on Wednesday, 12/3! Just finalizing to put together the joint sponsor docs...

Small question: the doctor who performed the medical exam said I can send the vaccination page later, it doesn't have to go with the package. Is it true? I think I will receive an RFE if I don't send it now, correct?

Good luck to all December filers!

Edited by geegeet

12-13-2010....RoC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a mailed in November/NOA in December (they received our packet yesterday, so no NOAs yet) person...so I get to crossover and be part of both! :D The CS should have given you a sealed packet with the I-693 inside of it to include in your packet. The vaccination section that they need is on that form, so you should be good with just that. :) The vaccination page is for your records in case you ever need to reference it in the future.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Thanks Aravis, good luck on your application!

The thing is they gave me the sealed envelope AND separately the vaccination page, as I didn't get any vaccine yet. They said I could do it later. But when I read the posts here, I get the impression that this will give me trouble. Should I try to have all the shots BEFORE sending the AOS package?

12-13-2010....RoC

That's weird :/ I've heard both...some people refer to needing them at the interview, but a lot of places say you need them when you file. What shots are you missing? The required ones are different based on age and sex. When we had my husband's transcribed they said they were only looking for three or four of him based on his age...the others weren't necessary. Maybe you have the required ones? The CS should have taken care of it at your appointment. :/ What status are you adjusting from?

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

The thing is my lawyer sent me to do the exam in Chinatown, NYC... he said it was the cheapest doctor around... and it was ($170), but they hardly speak English there :o - so it's hard to understand what they mean although I tried! Now that I think about it, maybe they did include the vaccinations inside the sealed envelope too and just gave me a copy of it? I don't know what for... They marked "Td", "MMR" as received on November 26, but I did not receive those yet. Maybe they marked it as if I took it, even if I am still supposed to book a time with them to take these shots. The other shots are marked as "Not age appropriate" and varicella as "Contra-indication" - probably because I have had it as a child... guess the blood test tells it.

I am adjusting from H1B work visa, although I am in the last days in this status cause I was laid off...

One more question: my joint sponsor got together for me 2007-2006 tax returns, and passport Bio page. I just read here that it is good for the joint sponsor to also get an employment letter and recent paystubs... should I bother the person (again!) to get these, or are the docs I already have enough?

Edited by geegeet

12-13-2010....RoC

The thing is my lawyer sent me to do the exam in Chinatown, NYC... he said it was the cheapest doctor around... and it was ($170), but they hardly speak English there :o - so it's hard to understand what they mean although I tried! Now that I think about it, maybe they did include the vaccinations inside the sealed envelope too and just gave me a copy of it? I don't know what for... They marked "Td", "MMR" as received on November 26, but I did not receive those yet. Maybe they marked it as if I took it, even if I am still supposed to book a time with them to take these shots. The other shots are marked as "Not age appropriate" and varicella as "Contra-indication" - probably because I have had it as a child... guess the blood test tells it.

That is what "contra-indication" means. If they gave you a form...probably a DS-3025, then they included it on the form inside the sealed envelope, so you should be good to go. :) I would just wait and if there's a problem, you'll get an RFE, but I would guess they included it. Take a look at form I-693, there is a section on there for vaccinations, so they would have filled that out before sealing the envelope

I am adjusting from H1B work visa, although I am in the last days in this status cause I was laid off...

One more question: my joint sponsor got together for me 2007-2006 tax returns, and passport Bio page. I just read here that it is good for the joint sponsor to also get an employment letter and recent paystubs... should I bother the person (again!) to get these, or are the docs I already have enough?

Just don't leave the country until your AOS is processed and you have your green card in hand. :)

I am the sponsor and I included my tax returns, W-2s (make sure you have ALL of the tax paperwork or you will get an RFE requiring evidence to support the tax forms), and check stubs from my primary employer. I'm pretty far above the 125% and I've heard that the closer you are to that 125, the more evidence they require...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that what I provided will be sufficient. They might RFE, though. I'll handle that if and when it comes.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

All they gave me separately from the sealed envelope was page 3 from I-693... maybe because I still have to get those shots?

I hope they are also inside the envelope, but how can I know... ;)

Thanks a lot... hope things will turn out okay!

Edited by geegeet

12-13-2010....RoC

The lawyer should be filing everything this week, he called me yesterday to double check the date of my last entrance to the US and he said everything was ready.

Applying for AOS, EAD (even though I'm an H1B) and AP, my wife is the USC.

Edited by elikhom

Hey elikhom, my lawyer told me to include a copy of my I-94 - which shows the last US entry. Maybe you should add a copy to your application too.

The lawyer should be filing everything this week, he called me yesterday to double check the date of my last entrance to the US and he said everything was ready.

12-13-2010....RoC

Hey elikhom, my lawyer told me to include a copy of my I-94 - which shows the last US entry. Maybe you should add a copy to your application too.

Yeah, he has it, he found strange that I haven't left the US since 2004 though so he wanted to double check the one I gave him was the only I94 I had.

I went to my lawyer yesterday and was quite disappointed. I took documents that I thought would fit my case based on what I read in the forum, and he simply ignored all the things he thought were not the right way (his way) of doing it.

I am confused. I am not sure if it was a good idea to use a lawyer. I mean, in the other hand, I think - a guy like this understands USCIS ways better than I do, with his experience, but... still...

Has someone had similar experiences?

12-13-2010....RoC

I went to my lawyer yesterday and was quite disappointed. I took documents that I thought would fit my case based on what I read in the forum, and he simply ignored all the things he thought were not the right way (his way) of doing it.

I am confused. I am not sure if it was a good idea to use a lawyer. I mean, in the other hand, I think - a guy like this understands USCIS ways better than I do, with his experience, but... still...

Has someone had similar experiences?

A lot of the stories I've heard here are that lawyers can sometimes make things take longer :blink: If you have a really straight forward case, you're usually better off just filing it yourself. If your case is complicated or certain types of AOS are definitely lawyer material. We filed for our K-1 and our AOS on our own...K-1 went quickly and smoothly, no RFEs, we were approved without any hitches (it just took a LONG time...but it was relatively quick for K-1s in general). We'll see about the AOS, we might get RFEs on one or two things and we're prepared for that, but I think we'll be ok.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Hi aravis, I only decided to use a lawyer for the AOS because our (not small) age difference may look weird (I am older than hubby), and also because he was a student up to this year, so he doesn't have tax returns for the last years. He is employed now, but well, they have these rules... I just didn't want to make any mistakes and a lawyer looked like a good idea. I am not sure about that anymore...

Lucky you, I hope your AOS goes as well as your K-1 ;)

A lot of the stories I've heard here are that lawyers can sometimes make things take longer :blink: If you have a really straight forward case, you're usually better off just filing it yourself. If your case is complicated or certain types of AOS are definitely lawyer material. We filed for our K-1 and our AOS on our own...K-1 went quickly and smoothly, no RFEs, we were approved without any hitches (it just took a LONG time...but it was relatively quick for K-1s in general). We'll see about the AOS, we might get RFEs on one or two things and we're prepared for that, but I think we'll be ok.

12-13-2010....RoC

Hi aravis, I only decided to use a lawyer for the AOS because our (not small) age difference may look weird (I am older than hubby), and also because he was a student up to this year, so he doesn't have tax returns for the last years. He is employed now, but well, they have these rules... I just didn't want to make any mistakes and a lawyer looked like a good idea. I am not sure about that anymore...

Lucky you, I hope your AOS goes as well as your K-1 ;)

How big is your age difference? I'm just curious. :) My husband is 10 years older than me. Ours was pretty straightforward through the whole thing, lots of relationship evidence, I've been at my jobs for 10 years and 4 years and easily met the requirements. That's why we didn't use a lawyer...if it had been complicated, we would have.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.