mimimimimi

AOS FILERS: DECEMBER 2008

1,117 posts in this topic

I've just made my biometrics=)))))))))

I hope my photo is not bad... Because I overslept today

Adjustment of Status

Dec 3, 2008 - Aug 20, 2009 (approval on August 7th)

Removing of Conditions

May 9, 2011 - October 4, 2011 (approval on September 28th)

Naturalization

July 19, 2014 - N400 packet sent out

July 21, 2014 - N400 packet delivered

July 23, 2014 - received email/text that I-797 is issued

July 26, 2014 - received I-797 in mail

August 11, 2014 - received the Biometrics notification

August 14, 2014 - biometrics walk-in (original date August 20)

August 18, 2014 - in line for interview scheduling

September 9, 2014 - yellow letter is received (letter is issued September 3)

November 3, 2014 - interview notice is issued (email/text alert)

November 10, 2014 - interview notice received with the interview date of December 11, 2014.

November 10, 2014 - request to reschedule mailed out

December 5, 2014 - interview notice is sent out (email/text alert)

December 11, 2014 - received an interview letter in mail

January 10, 2015 - interview on Saturday at 7am

January 26, 2015 - sent the requested documentation

February 26, 2015 - oath letter is issued (email/text alert)

March 2, 2015 - oath letter is received

March 18, 2015 - oath at 8am

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Speaking about updates to the spreadsheet... I was sure that I added my Bio dates (notice date, notice rec'd date, appt date) when I added my AOS/EAD/AP NOA info but I just looked and it's not there??? Okay so I re-updated it just now.

I noticed in the spreadsheet that only me and Piyanet&Dan mailed our AOS on Dec. 9, and neither of us got a biometrics appointment already (don't know though if Piyanet&Dan updates his/her timeline). While there are some other filers (K1 based) who mailed their AOS later than Dec. 9 but have done their biometrics already. This confuses me. I thought the processing is on a first come-first served basis. :unsure:

Our Visa Journey

07/29/07 ---- Mailed I-129F

08/25/07 --- Check finally cashed (8/27 I should be able to see the R number on the back).

08/27/07 --- NOA1 Arrives from CSC and I create my account profile on the USCIS.Gov web-site (the clock starts)!!!

02/05/08 --- After 191 days NOA2 (Approval) comes at last!!!!

2/14/08 --- NVC sends letter saying that it's on the way to the US Embassy in Bangkok

2/25/08 --- She receives Packet 3 from the Embassy

3/29/08 --- She receives Packet 4 with interview date (July 11th).

3/30/08 --- I e-mail the Embassy asking to make the date earlier because I've already got our tickets for June 13th!!!

5/6/08 --- No help from the Embassy. Rebooked tickets and vacation till September.

5/21/08 --- Embassy calls her and moves interview to May 27th!!!!! You have got to be kidding me!!!

9/21/08 --- POE San Francisco!!!!

12/8/08 --- Married!!!!

12/15/08 --- Mail AOS + AP + EAD package to Chicago

12/28/08 --- Come back from vacation and find AOS/AP/EAD NOA 1 and Bio App notices in the mailbox!!!

1/13/09 --- Bio Appt

4/22/09 --- AOS Interview "APPROVED"!!!

3/04/2011 --- OUR BABY IS BORN... We have a son!!!!!

3/10/2011 --- Mail I-751 application to lift conditions on residency

3/12/2011 --- I-751 Package received by CSC

3/14/2011 --- NOA 1

3/21/2011 --- NOA 2 (Biometrics Appt 4/18/2011)

5/27/2011 --- ROC Approved. 10 Year Green Card arrived 6/04/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got the email that our I-485 was transferred to CSC! YAHOO! I'm really hoping that this means no interview! My bio appointment is next week, so that's exciting too! Things are moving along for everyone! Way to go! Hopefully now that all the holidays are over things will be moving pretty fast.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I noticed in the spreadsheet that only me and Piyanet&Dan mailed our AOS on Dec. 9, and neither of us got a biometrics appointment already (don't know though if Piyanet&Dan updates his/her timeline). While there are some other filers (K1 based) who mailed their AOS later than Dec. 9 but have done their biometrics already. This confuses me. I thought the processing is on a first come-first served basis. :unsure:

Biometrics are completely dependent on your local office and how busy they are. The request to schedule biometrics, theoretically, gets sent out to the local offices in the order that Chicago receives them...but after that, if your local office is busy (I've heard Seattle is really bad, for example) it takes a long time. Some places get them out ASAP. It's just luck of the draw as to whether your local office is slow or not. Hopefully you'll get yours soon!

thank you for the explanation. I'm just kinda worried about not having biometrics done this month because our apartment lease expires by the end of the month and we're for sure going to move but not certain yet where to go to. So let's say i get scheduled for biometrics in January and my husband and I are moving to another state, that sounds like trouble already plus the worry of possibly not getting future mails from the USCIS due to the change of address. Sigh...

AOS Timeline

Dec. 09, 2008- mailed AOS packet

Dec. 10, 2008- received by V. Bustamante

Dec. 16, 2008- money order payment was cashed

Dec. 22, 2008- received NOAs for I-131; I-485; and I-765 in the mail (yay!)

Feb. 21, 2009- received I-512L (Advance Parole document)

Feb. 24, 2009- biometrics done

Mar. 05, 2009- EAD received

Mar. 05, 2009- case transferred to CSC

Mar. 10, 2009- applied for SSN

Mar. 21, 2009- SSN card received

Apr. 10, 2009- Welcome Notice Received dated 04/06/09

Apr. 13, 2009- Greencard received

Timeline

Biometrics are completely dependent on your local office and how busy they are. The request to schedule biometrics, theoretically, gets sent out to the local offices in the order that Chicago receives them...but after that, if your local office is busy (I've heard Seattle is really bad, for example) it takes a long time. Some places get them out ASAP. It's just luck of the draw as to whether your local office is slow or not. Hopefully you'll get yours soon!

Does this mean that when someone gets a biometrics appointment in the mail, the sender's address on the envelope is the address of his local office and not the Chicago lockbox? Which office should I ask/ talk to regarding my concern on not getting a biometrics appointment yet? the local USCIS office? or the one in Chicago?

AOS Timeline

Does this mean that when someone gets a biometrics appointment in the mail, the sender's address on the envelope is the address of his local office and not the Chicago lockbox? Which office should I ask/ talk to regarding my concern on not getting a biometrics appointment yet? the local USCIS office? or the one in Chicago?

If you know you're moving, could you change your address with USCIS to a family member/friend's house? If you did it now, you would be certain not to miss anything and then you could change it again once you know where you're going to be living. I don't think there was a return address on ours...just the standard "USCIS Department of Homeland Security" stamp. I would worry too much about not having received it yet. Take a look at some of the November filers timelines, I know some of them didn't receive their bio letter until the beginning of December.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My bio appt had the same return address as my NOA's.... Lee's Summit, MO.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

If you know you're moving, could you change your address with USCIS to a family member/friend's house? If you did it now, you would be certain not to miss anything and then you could change it again once you know where you're going to be living. I don't think there was a return address on ours...just the standard "USCIS Department of Homeland Security" stamp. I would worry too much about not having received it yet. Take a look at some of the November filers timelines, I know some of them didn't receive their bio letter until the beginning of December.

Hey, I just noticed in your timeline that u mentioned Salt Lake City. I'm livin' in Salt Lake right now.I was about to mention that when u said that biometrics sent out depends on your local office.

AOS Timeline

Hey, I just noticed in your timeline that u mentioned Salt Lake City. I'm livin' in Salt Lake right now.I was about to mention that when u said that biometrics sent out depends on your local office.

What a small world! :) Where in the valley do you live? Ours took awhile after our NOAs arrived, then we ended up doing a walk-in. But you have to have your biometrics appointment letter to be able to do that. If you end up doing your biometrics before you move...the building looks empty, but it really is there. :)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

What a small world! :) Where in the valley do you live? Ours took awhile after our NOAs arrived, then we ended up doing a walk-in. But you have to have your biometrics appointment letter to be able to do that. If you end up doing your biometrics before you move...the building looks empty, but it really is there. :)

I'm in Holladay. I won't be surprised why the building looks empty coz if I'm right, there aren't as many immigrants in Utah as there are in other States like California, Virginia, Florida, etc. The local offices in Utah shoudn't be very busy I think, so what delays my biometrics appointment? LOL :P It's just so frustrating when you check the mailbox every afternoon only to find bills and coupons :lol:

AOS Timeline

I'm in Holladay. I won't be surprised why the building looks empty coz if I'm right, there aren't as many immigrants in Utah as there are in other States like California, Virginia, Florida, etc. The local offices in Utah shoudn't be very busy I think, so what delays my biometrics appointment? LOL :P It's just so frustrating when you check the mailbox every afternoon only to find bills and coupons :lol:

Actually...there's a lot of immigration in Utah, but it's primarily from Mexico. You might be surprised at the illegal immigrant population in Salt Lake. There are at least two USCIS locations here. The primary one where they do interviews and stuff, then there is the "application support" building where they do biometrics. The only sign on the building says "Application support", you would never know it was USCIS by looking at it.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Actually...there's a lot of immigration in Utah, but it's primarily from Mexico. You might be surprised at the illegal immigrant population in Salt Lake. There are at least two USCIS locations here. The primary one where they do interviews and stuff, then there is the "application support" building where they do biometrics. The only sign on the building says "Application support", you would never know it was USCIS by looking at it.

can't wait to go to that building :P Hopefully before this month is over. I'll give update once I've done my biometrics. Good luck to us all.

Edited by itty_bitty

AOS Timeline

Woohoo! Got my biometrics appointment letter and the scheduled date is exactly what I feared...next Friday when I will be out of state for my birthday.

Guess I'll get to sending that notice back to reschedule unless I can get the hubby to go in on his own as a walk-in. We'll see how it goes!

Our Timeline

11/14/2008 Wedding

3/27/2009 Conditional green card date

Lifting Conditions

12/31/2010 Sent package via USPS

1/6/2011 Package delivered

1/7/2011 NOA date

2/8/2011 Biometrics

10/28/2011 Approval notice

11/11/2011 Green card received

Woohoo! Got my biometrics appointment letter and the scheduled date is exactly what I feared...next Friday when I will be out of state for my birthday.

Guess I'll get to sending that notice back to reschedule unless I can get the hubby to go in on his own as a walk-in. We'll see how it goes!

I would definitely try the walk-in method. My husband went in that way and it was quick and easy. I did see someone else who said they had to reschedule and it didn't take too long, so even if you have to go that route, it shouldn't be too bad. :thumbs:

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.