becool

I-129F Package delivery Help!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone.I sent I-129F petition for my fiance to CSC on November 13th,2008.I sent the package via usps and requested for signature on delivery of the package by the person who receives it along with receipt of delivery conformation.I got information from usps that they tried to deliver the packet on November 22nd but no one was there to sign the delivery receipt so they didnt deliver the package and told me that they will again attempt to deliver the packet after 5 days otherwise they will return the packet to sender,that is me.I just want to ask if any one has done this before.Will I have to resend the packet without the signature request?Or will someone receive the packet at CSC?Should I have done it without the signature request?

Any suggestion and help is deeply appreciated.Thankyou all for previously helping me also.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

personally i think it's best to get a signature reply. that's what my fiance did and at least you do know that someone did sign it and received it, just to put your mind at ease. i'm sure that the USPS is doing a fine job, though are you thinking that 5 days is too long?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I'm in the East Coast and the mail here works just fine I don't know how it is over there. I sent the package regular and got there with no problems. I didn't think requesting a signature was a good idea because nowhere in the guides in their website says you have to send it certified.

If it comes back to you just send it regular mail.

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
personally i think it's best to get a signature reply. that's what my fiance did and at least you do know that someone did sign it and received it, just to put your mind at ease. i'm sure that the USPS is doing a fine job, though are you thinking that 5 days is too long?

Im in no hurry but just concerned about the our packet. I just hope they receive it.

Thanks again

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im in no hurry but just concerned about the our packet. I just hope they receive it.

Thanks again

of course since delivery was attempted on Saturday no one was there... They will re-deliver

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks again

of course since delivery was attempted on Saturday no one was there... They will re-deliver

That's absolutely correct. It's quite common for mail requiring signatures to be delayed. The cleaner faster option, IMO is "delivery confirmation" which doesn't require a signature from the receiving party, just a confirmation from the carrier that the package was put in the box.

Who did you think was going to sign, some little man sitting inside the PO Box?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.