Dwarf_Ogress

Never thought I would post here!

125 posts in this topic

NVM - just recon'd your timeline

Hold on -

If you have only been married a month, how does he already have his green card?

Sorry about your situation. What this has to do with immigration ? Is he a permanent resident ? ....

Only you can decide what you should do with your life. I wouldnt spend/waste any second with such a person.

I would get a divorce and move on ... you are free to look for happiness.... life is too short.

That is indeed what I intend to do!

He has his 2 year conditional GC. We were married 10/13/2008.

i don't get it.

Hold on -

If you have only been married a month, how does he already have his green card?

Sorry about your situation. What this has to do with immigration ? Is he a permanent resident ? ....

Only you can decide what you should do with your life. I wouldnt spend/waste any second with such a person.

I would get a divorce and move on ... you are free to look for happiness.... life is too short.

That is indeed what I intend to do!

He has his 2 year conditional GC. We were married 10/13/2008.

The poster mis-wrote she meant 2007......

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

NotMrs.... So sorry to hear of your situation... Not sure what the law is where you are but here in MI, a spouse it technically entitled to half of the assets that accumulated during the time of the marriage... but also is responsible for half of the debt. As others have said, close any joint accounts and contact an attorney ASAP.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. We never exchanged posts or messages but I remember you going through the process for his K1 visa at the same time my husband and I were going through his CR1. You always came across as such a kind hearted and honest person so I will definitely have to say that it is his loss.

Right now you're probably trying to get over the shock of the whole situation but once you do keep in mind that you can do something about it. Your husband has the right to stay here until his 2 year condition card expires, but you can get started with first notifying the USCIS just in case he tries to lift conditions as soon as you divorce (if that is what you are planning to do). Also start gathering all kinds of information that can prove that he did not enter the marriage in good faith and that he used you to come and stay in the US.

I just hope you're not buying into whatever he's telling you and that you are not a worthless human being. I'm also a big believe of karma and that things happen for a reason. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes when his time comes.

Best wishes and keep up the faith!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Other Timeline
I will just keep this short and sweet!

I was used for a green card. I am thouroughly convinced of this. We have argued numerous times and it all boils down to this:

1) I am not a normal woman because I want a husband who loves me, appreciates me, makes love to me, spends time with me etc...

2) I asked if I should find someone else to be those things for me and the answer was to do whatever I want...

3) Today when I mentioned I am no longer comfortable living here I was told to get the f*** out, he doesn't care about me...

So, I am done. When he couldn't work, I supported him. He got a job and car and credit cards, I became nothing.

Remindes me of Pam and her duped posts.

What the hell do I do now and how?

That is just awful. You gave yourself to this man and he trampled all over you. You deserve to be happy. Forget that loser. Just remember this, there is a little something called karma. What he has done to you, someone else will do to him.

My dear you are normal to want a man to love you and cherish you. He's the one who is not normal. Learn from this experience and move on. No point losing sleep or your sanity over that man. Take care of yourself first and foremost. (F) (F)

Life is so strange but it sure keeps you on your toes!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I cant believe i'm reading this Sarah. I'm in shock that this has happened to you. Dont believe his negative words about you. Hold your head high.

K1

1/22/07: I-129F sent to CSC

1/23/07: I-129F packet received and signed for at 9:45A.M.!!

1/29/07: NOA1

4/27/07: NOA2

5/01/07: NOA2 Hardcopy received

5/10/07: Approval arrives at NVC

5/14/07: Leaves NVC

5/17/07: Arrives at Bogota, Colombia

5/18/07: Packet 3 faxed to Embassy

5/22/07: Packet 3 sent via courier

5/30/07: Wendy receives packet 3 (Good thing we used the shortcut)

6/04/07: Packet 4 received

7/03/07: Medical appt. scheduled

7/05/07: Interview!!!! VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

7/09/07: Visa in hand!!!

7/11/07: Point of Entry at LAX, complete success!!!!!!!!!!

7/24/07: Married!!!

AOS & EAD

07/27/07: Filed for AOS & EAD

08/02/07: Arrives at Chicago

09/10/07: NOA1

09/11/07: Social Security card in hand

10/12/07: Biometrics appointment

10/25/07: EAD Approved

01/23/08: Interview = APPROVED

02/02/08: Green Card received...10 day turn around, not bad!!!

Removing Conditions

11/12/09: Mailed to CSC!

11/13/09: Arrives at CSC!

11/16/09: NOA1

11/18/09: Check Cashed!

12/14/09: Biometrics

01/07/10: Card Production Ordered (APPROVED)

Before you start cutting him off your accounts etc file for a divorce:this way its clear that you have made up your mind based on your convictions.Becareful not to hurt him in anyway financially or otherwise (do not put th cart before the horse).

If you have made up your mind do it clean,from my experience spite always comes back to haunt you and there is a saying that when you pin someone down to the ground you,you are by yourself on the ground.Pick up yourself and move on.

Am really confused though as to how sudden this is,i mean how lond did you know each other,what did you have in common?

Filed: Timeline

First of all thanks everyone for your kind words and support! I really, really appreciate it! I've made my arrangements to move in with a friend of mine next week and I was granted a 30 day extension for my classes (working on a MA in European History.) I already closed our joint account last month. He has a car and I have a car, his in his name and mine in my name. He is not on the apartment lease but is only an occupant but my understanding is he will stay in our current apartment. We really don't have joint much of anything. I have no wish to be mean or spiteful, I want a clean break so I can start living my life and start living for me. I guess I didn't know him as well as I thought I did and perhaps I shouldn't have ignored the countless red flags prior to and during my marriage. I too believe in Karma and I also believe that everything happens for a reason!

Thanks again to all of you!

If your name is on the lease, DO NOT allow him to stay unless it gets changed over to HIS name. Don't take his word for it, talk to the landlord yourself. You will be responsible for all damages, late fees, and non-payment of rent !!!! Why should it be you to move out?

I know that this is painful, but I would be interested in your view of the breakdown of the relationship. (the progression, etc). It quite possible could help some women (or men) who are having doubts and seeing red flags in their own VisaJourney.

What was his personality like initially? When did it change? How was the day to day communication? What did he like to do for fun? What does he do now. Has he made "NEW" friends in your hometown? Did you used to talk about your future together? Do you really think that its Visa Fraud, or is it possible that you both could have rushed into this? Do you love him (the person he is now)?. Is he a cruel person? Did you see ANY of that before?? If any of this is too painful/personal, feel free to ignore me. I truly feel for you. I am married to a Jamaican, and I know what can go on in the minds of men!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with the previous poster's suggestion about making sure the lease is changed to his name. It is just a precaution to protect yourself in the future.

It is never a good idea to have your name on someone else's possible debts.

I hope you find peace and healing in time. Best wishes.

Edited by raymaga

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I also agree. If it's your name that is on the lease and not his, he can easy skip on rent or even move out without notice which will affect your credit greatly.

Hope you're doing well. ^_^

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I will just keep this short and sweet!

I was used for a green card. I am thouroughly convinced of this. We have argued numerous times and it all boils down to this:

1) I am not a normal woman because I want a husband who loves me, appreciates me, makes love to me, spends time with me etc...

2) I asked if I should find someone else to be those things for me and the answer was to do whatever I want...

3) Today when I mentioned I am no longer comfortable living here I was told to get the f*** out, he doesn't care about me...

So, I am done. When he couldn't work, I supported him. He got a job and car and credit cards, I became nothing.

Remindes me of Pam and her duped posts.

What the hell do I do now and how?

I have been in the same boat as you and guess what I call my self a VOF, victim of fraud. I would just try to notify USCIS, and try to move on, but guess what, your ex-will renew the card in 2 years and show good fAITH. THE IMMIFRATION SYSTE SUCKS. but relaz it aint the end of world,consult attorney, most likely file for divorce and move on.

I have been there.

Good Luck

VOF

No kidding brother was she Muslimah. wow

wow sorry lady, but when he show you jamaica and all the dances and religion and voodoo #######, then bring him to states, they gonna hang out with the homies, esp if young and uneducated

make better choice in husband life companion

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Its not racist, goes back to know the age , culture and yada bs...dont get caught up in fantasy world...jeez take a look ...Jomo girl doing well . Im sure she researched and found suitable Jamacan mate.. Soo buzz off b4 assuming my intentions girly!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

OMG, I don't even know how to reply. First of all, learn English!!! You write like a two year old.

"all the dances and religion and voodoo #######" NOOOOOO, that's not racist. What the hell kind of rock do you live under?

I am all for REALLY finding out whom you are marrying before bringing someone here, but fraud happens in all cultures. Don't put ISH down to "yada BS" whatever the hell that is. Your post was ignorant, offensive and extremely insensitive to the OP. And frankly, I couldn't care less what your intentions are. Don't know anything about your PAki ###. Don't care to know your story. I just call it like I see it. And you, my dear are disgusting and TRASh.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.