jury

finally we got our NOA2!!!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you lord!!!

hi guys, i'm so happy today coz we recieved our NOA2 without recieving any e-mails from CRIS site, and without even touches!!! we got our hard copy last Nov.14, 2008 and they approved Nov. 10, 2008. Thank you so much lord finally we can start our journey now, and to all the filers there who are still waiting, just keep your faith to the lord.

by the way guys, i just wanna ask what's the next thing to do after we got this NOA2 approval!!

thank you visa journey family, i hope you will continue to guide me in my journey!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

huge gratz!! :dance::thumbs:

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
thank you lord!!!

hi guys, i'm so happy today coz we recieved our NOA2 without recieving any e-mails from CRIS site, and without even touches!!! we got our hard copy last Nov.14, 2008 and they approved Nov. 10, 2008. Thank you so much lord finally we can start our journey now, and to all the filers there who are still waiting, just keep your faith to the lord.

by the way guys, i just wanna ask what's the next thing to do after we got this NOA2 approval!!

thank you visa journey family, i hope you will continue to guide me in my journey!!!!!

congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

congrats

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Congrats! and happy holidays early! ;)

Our Wedding Pics

There is always some madness in love.

But there is also always some reason in madness.

Nietzsche

12.Jan.2007..... Met in Ciudad Sandino, Nicaragua.

07.May.2007.... Started dating.

02.Sep.2007..... Engaged!

K-1

06.Aug.2008..... K-1 app sent to California Service Center.

11.Aug.2008..... NOA1 recieved.

07.Jan.2009...... NOA2

13.Feb.2009.......Interview passed!!!

20.Feb.2009.......Received visa.

21.Feb.2009.......POE, Houston

AOS

12.May.2009......Filed AOS.

21.May.2009......NOA1

04.Jun.2009.......Biometrics

18.Jun.2009.......EAD card production ordered

26.Jun.2009.......EAD card received

06.Aug.2009......AOS interview (st. louis) Card production ordered

06.Sep.2009......Wedding Ceremony and Celebration

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations!!! how exciting! :thumbs::dance:

sorry, dont know what to do after receiving the noa2....

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

WOW....YOU DEFINITELY DESERVE A BIG CONGRATS!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE REST OF THE JOURNEY

OUR JOURNEY

MAY 30,2008-SENT I-129F TO VERMONT

JUNE 3, 2008-VSC RECEIVED PACKET

JUNE 5, 2008-NOA1

DEC 31-NOA2 RECEIVED VIA EMAIL

MARCH 10,2009-INTERVIEW....VISA APPROVED!!!

MARCH 21, 2009-FINALLY TOGETHER!!!

MAY 9, 2009-MR. & MRS.

JULY 2, 2009-AOS MAILED

JULY 9,2009-NOA (AOS,EAD,AP)

did some research for u!!!!!!!!!!!1

step by step for K1

YOUR MEDICAL:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/MNL-ME...L-0003-0806.pdf

EMBASSY GUIDELINES:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhappo.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Step-by-Step Guide on How to File for a K-1 Visa for your Foreign Fiance(e)

These are the basic steps required by the US Citizen. These steps should be followed as a guideline and not as specific requirements for any given case. Every case is unique and this does not address that uniqueness.

NOTE: For an overview of the entire K-1 Visa process, please see the K-1 Flowchart.

Download the Following Forms:1. I-129F

2. G-325a

The above forms can be filled out on your computer and printed. Make sure you sign and date them as required. Anything you cannot fit by typing, you can handwrite (very neatly) in black ink in the blank instead. You should always verify the current forms at www.uscis.gov.

Assembling the I-129F Package: Checklist

Forms and Documents (follow these assembly instructions. All supporting documents must be in English or be translated as noted here.):

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted.

2. Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e) (see example)

4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question 18 of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it.

5. Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example)

6. Proof of having met in past two years. (click here for examples)

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated (see example)

8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

9. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated (see example)

10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance(e). Write the full name of the foreign fiance(e) on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance(e) name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

12. Copy of final Divorce Decree(s) or Certificate(s) for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) if either has been previously married. If the previous marriage of the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) ended due to the death of their spouse then include a Copy of Death Certificate(s) documenting that fact.

13. Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order.

14. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship:

Use as many of these items are possible. There is no minimum,

but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE.

1. Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.

2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a company such as kodakgallery.com. You can also make duplicates of photo's at your local photo store (Walgreeens, CVS, etc). Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.

3. The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Mail the I-129F Package to the USCIS

Section 12 of the I-129F instructions lists where you should mail the completed form(s). If you live in the United States this will be the Service Center with jurisdiction over the petitioner's place of residence. Mail the package with return receipt requested / delivery confirmation. Send via USPS.

IMPORTANT!

Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes the money orders too. You want to have a perfect replica of the package you are sending in. All Forms that you submit must be originals with original signatures. Supporting Evidence that you submit may be photocopies. Retain ALL original supporting Evidence since the USCIS has the right to check them by issuing an RFE (Request For Evidence). If you receive an RFE, follow the direction exactly, and make two copies of what you sent back. During any future interviews the USCIS may also want to examine the original supporting evidence.

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a US Notary Public), with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

K1 VISAK-1 Fiancé(e) Visa

American citizens who plan to marry their Filipino fiancé(e) in the United States must file an I-129F petition with the USCIS office that has jurisdiction over the petitioner's place of residence.

Once approved, the I-129F petition is sent to NVC, which forwards it to the Embassy in Manila. The Embassy will send the Filipino fiancé(e) information on how to apply for the K-1 visa, including the medical examination and the visa interview.

Starting March 19, 2008, those applying for K-1, K-2, K-3 and K-4 visas who have been notified by the Embassy to prepare for their interview can call 1-909-101-7878 (within the Philippines) to schedule an interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy. The cost of the 909 service is U.S. $0.98 per minute; this amount will be charged to your telephone bill.

Applicants, Agents or Petitioners calling from within the United States will also be able to use this service by calling 1-888-877-9888. The cost of the 888 service from the United States is a U.S. $18 PIN payable using a Visa or MasterCard once you have called into the service.

Applicants or their representatives must have the applicant’s Immigrant Case Number as given in the Embassy notification letter available when they call to schedule an appointment.

Callers can speak with an English or Tagalog speaking operator. The service is available to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, Manila local time.

For more information on this service, please click here.

Generally, it takes 8 to 12 months from the date the petition is approved for the K-1 visa to be issued. If a field investigation is required and if the applicant does not satisfy all the application requirements, visa issuance may take longer. The presence of the U.S. citizen is not required during the fiancé(e)’s visa interview.

Because of the time involved in processing the application for a K-1 visa, it is recommended that the petitioner and beneficiary gather the required documentation for the visa application at the earliest possible time.

Children (unmarried and below 21 years of age) of a K-1 applicant may derive immigration benefits from the same I-129 petition and are issued “K-2†visas. Children identified in the approved I-129F petition are called “derivativesâ€. Derivatives may apply at the same time as the principal applicant parent or may apply later, but must be issued K-2 visas within one year from the date the K-1 visa was issued to the principal applicant parent. Derivatives who are following-to-join the principal applicant parent must apply for their K-2 visas in a timely manner to allow visa issuance within the required period.

The I-129F fiancé(e) petition is a single entry visa that is valid for six months from the date of its approval. If the petition expires, a consular officer may revalidate it for another four months (provided that both parties remain legally free to marry).

Application Procedures for the K Visa

STEP 1: File the Petition: File the I-129F petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that covers your permanent place of residence. The Form I-129F is available at the Department of Homeland Security's public queries window or Window 44 at Embassy Manila. The petition must be filed in the United States.

STEP 2: USCIS approves the petition: Once the petition is approved, USCIS sends it to the National Visa Center (NVC). NVC forwards the petition to the Embassy in Manila. This process generally takes 4 to 6 months.

NOTE: Approval of a visa petition does not necessarily mean a visa will be issued. Only a consular officer at the Embassy may determine a person’s eligibility to receive a visa.

STEP 3: The applicant is notified: When the Embassy receives the approved petition from the NVC, it notifies the applicant of the medical examination and visa interview.

Starting March 19, 2008, those applying for K-1, K-2, K-3 and K-4 visas who have been notified by the Embassy to prepare for their interview can call 1-909-101-7878 (within the Philippines) to schedule an interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy. The cost of the 909 service is U.S. $0.98 per minute; this amount will be charged to your telephone bill.

Applicants, Agents or Petitioners calling from within the United States will also be able to use this service by calling 1-888-877-9888. The cost of the 888 service from the United States is a U.S. $18 PIN payable using a Visa or MasterCard once you have called into the service.

Applicants or their representatives must have the applicant’s Immigrant Case Number as given in the Embassy notification letter available when they call to schedule an appointment.

Callers can speak with an English or Tagalog speaking operator. The service is available to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, Manila local time.

STEP 4: Apply for the visa: After the applicant pays the non-refundable application/processing fee and completes the required medical examination at St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic, he/she appears at the Embassy for the scheduled visa interview with all the required documents.

The consular officer adjudicates the application based on the visa interview, documents submitted by the applicant and any relevant information available to the Embassy. The consular officer determines the applicant’s eligibility to be issued the K visa. If the application is approved, the visa will be delivered to the applicant's residence by a guaranteed courier service in 7 to 10 days. If the consular officer determines that the applicant is not eligible for visa issuance, this will be explained to the applicant who will be provided a written refusal sheet that informs her/him:

1) how the visa refusal may be overcome with additional documentation or information;

2) to await notification from the Embassy if the case will require further review; or

3) the basis for the determination of a visa ineligibility under U.S. immigration law and if a waiver of ineligibility is available.

Frequently Asked Questions About the K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa

How does one apply for a K-1 visa?

A Filipino fiancé(e) needs an approved I-129F petition to apply for a “K-1†visa. Only a U.S. citizen may file a fiancé(e) petition. This is done at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office that has jurisdiction over the place where the U.S. citizen resides.

What are the documents a K-1 applicant needs to submit?

A fiancé(e) is considered an intending immigrant and therefore must present documents similar to those required for an immigrant visa applicant. These include: a valid Philippine passport; a copy of the applicant's birth certificate issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper; legal documents proving the termination of a previous marriage; NBI clearance; police certificates from all foreign countries where the applicant lived for at least six months starting at the age of 16; evidence of the relationship with the petitioner; evidence of financial support; a medical examination completed by St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic and visa photographs. Evidence must be presented that the couple met in person within the past two years before the petition was filed.

Can an applicant request an earlier visa appointment?

If an applicant wishes to advance the visa interview appointment, he/she should write the Embassy or call the Immigrant Visa Call Center to request an earlier appointment. Requests for earlier appointments are granted only if there is a space available.

How much time is given to complete the K-1 visa application?

A K-1 petition is valid for six months from the date of its approval. But this may be revalidated by a consular officer provided that both parties are still legally free to marry. It is recommended to gather all the necessary documents for the visa interview appointment as soon as possible.

Does the “K-1†visa grant an immigrant status and entitle the Filipino fiancé(e) to a green card?

No, it does not. The K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa, which allows the holder to stay in the United States on a temporary basis. After the marriage takes place, the alien spouse must contact the USCIS to obtain conditional permanent residence status. The Filipino spouse may apply for removal of the conditional status and become a lawful permanent resident after two years of marriage to the U.S. citizen spouse.

What should the Filipino fiancé(e) do upon entry into the United States?

The Filipino fiancé(e) has 90 days from admission into the United States to marry his/her petitioner. The K-1 visa does not allow the bearer to marry anyone other than the petitioner. After the marriage, the couple must contact the USCIS to register for conditional permanent resident status for the Filipino spouse. Contact the USCIS in the United States for further information regarding the K-1 visa bearer’s status while in the United States.

Can the K-1 visa be used to travel in and out of the United States?

No. The K-1 visa is a single-entry visa, which means that the K-1 bearer who leaves the United States without changing marital and immigration status will not be able to re-enter the country on the same visa. A new petition and visa would be required.

What are the main reasons a K-1 visa is denied?

K-1 applications are subject to the same review standards as immigrant visa applications. The main reasons for visa refusal are: lacking documentation; need to review or verify evidence; lack of a petitionable relationship; misrepresentation of the facts; medical concerns; criminal grounds and potential public charge.

A common basis for refusal is a prior marriage for the beneficiary or the petitioner that has not been legally terminated. There is no divorce in the Philippines. A consular officer will only accept a death certificate or a court ruling of annulment or of presumptive death as evidence that a Filipino marriage has been terminated. An American may terminate a Filipino marriage through a U.S. divorce.

Can family members of the Filipino fiancé(e) be included in the petition?

Only the unmarried, minor children (below 21 years old) of the Filipino fiancé(e) can be included in the K-1 petition. They are eligible to apply for a K-2 visa. If they are unable to depart with their Filipino parent, children who are named in the petition have one year (from the time the K-1 visa is issued) to be issued K-2 visas. They must apply for visas in a timely manner to allow visa issuance within the required time. Otherwise, the children will no longer be able to derive any immigration benefit from their parent’s K-1 visa and new immigrant visa petitions need to be filed on their behalf.

Can the Filipino fiancé(e) work in the U.S. with a K-1 visa?

Yes. When the fiancé(e) enters the United States he/she will be eligible to apply for a work permit with the USCIS.

What fees are involved in obtaining a K visa?

There is a $131 non-refundable application/processing fee for each K visa applicant. This fee is payable in U.S. dollars or its current peso equivalent. This is paid at an accredited branch of Citibank or the Bank of the Philippine Islands. The required medical examination costs are U.S. U.S. $213.35 for adults (15 years and older) and U.S. $185.35 for children (under 15 years of age).

What if the fiancé(e) must delay their arrival in the U.S.?

The K-1 visa is valid for a maximum of six months. If the visa bearer is unable to leave for the United States immediately and the visa expires, a new one may be issued upon written request to the Embassy and the payment of another application and processing fee of U.S. $500.

Where can I find additional information?

For general visa information about K-1, K-2, K-3, K-4 or IR-1 visas visit or call:

The U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs website.

The Embassy’s Immigrant Visa Information Call Center in Manila at 1-909-101-7878. Callers in the USA can also contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. There is a fee charged to callers by the Call Center for its services. You may call Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Cost is about 53 pesos per minute. This number can be reached from the Philippines using a PLDT or SMART telephone line with NDD access.

The State Department’s National Visa Center in New Hampshire can be reached at (603) 334-0700. The NVC handles petitions before they are sent to the Embassy in Manila.

Information about immigrant visa petitions is available at:

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website and the Department of Homeland Security office at the Embassy in Manila, Window 44 (open Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, Tel. no: (632) 301-2000, Ext. 2224).

Hope this help!!!!!!!!!

btw congatz for having NAO2........

after that medical and interview

goodluck in advance

bRat...........

Edited by bratikicks

04-12-08.........Married

06-11-08.........I-130 Mailed

06-13-08.........I-130 Received

06-18-08.........NOA1

06-20-08.........Touched

06-21-08.........Received NOA letter

06-23-08.........Check cashed (Hon's birthday)!

08-08-08.........Touched

08-08-08.........I-130 Approved

08-08-08.........Case completed

08-09-08.........Email Received

08-15-08.........NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08-28-08.........Received AOS Notice

09-04-08.........I-864 Received by NVC

09-04-08.........DS3032 email resent

09-11-08.........Paid IV bill online

09-12-08.........Sent DS230

09-15-08.........Sent a email to NVC requesting for early interview due to pregnancy

09-23-08.........RFE

09-26-08.........Found out that a expedite was granted due to pregnancy (NVC RULES)!

10-01-08.........Case Received at Embassy

10-03-08.........Faxed Expedite request to Embassy

10-05-08.........Expedite granted! USEM Rules!

10-07-08.........Delbros Paid (no longer required)

10-15-08.........Medical

10-16-08.........Medical Passed

10-22-08.........Interview PASSED!!(Pink Slip)

10-24-08.........Visa in hand

11-01-08.........POE (Hawaii),flight #######!

11-13-08.........SSN arrived

11-26-08.........welcome note

12-16-08.........GREEN CARD RECIEVED

02-12-09......... gave birth to a beautiful Baby Girl

04-21-09......... Veterinary LabTechician (job) (Cleveland Veterinary Hospital)

.[

10f2b0h.jpg22aveq.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Congratulations on your wonderful news!

:dance:

Wish you much success as you continue on with your Visa Journey! :thumbs:

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Timeline
did some research for u!!!!!!!!!!!1

step by step for K1

YOUR MEDICAL:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/MNL-ME...L-0003-0806.pdf

EMBASSY GUIDELINES:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhappo.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Step-by-Step Guide on How to File for a K-1 Visa for your Foreign Fiance(e)

These are the basic steps required by the US Citizen. These steps should be followed as a guideline and not as specific requirements for any given case. Every case is unique and this does not address that uniqueness.

NOTE: For an overview of the entire K-1 Visa process, please see the K-1 Flowchart.

Download the Following Forms:1. I-129F

2. G-325a

The above forms can be filled out on your computer and printed. Make sure you sign and date them as required. Anything you cannot fit by typing, you can handwrite (very neatly) in black ink in the blank instead. You should always verify the current forms at www.uscis.gov.

Assembling the I-129F Package: Checklist

Forms and Documents (follow these assembly instructions. All supporting documents must be in English or be translated as noted here.):

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted.

2. Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e) (see example)

4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question 18 of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it.

5. Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example)

6. Proof of having met in past two years. (click here for examples)

7. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated (see example)

8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

9. G-325A (all four pages) filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated (see example)

10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance(e). Write the full name of the foreign fiance(e) on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance(e) name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

12. Copy of final Divorce Decree(s) or Certificate(s) for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) if either has been previously married. If the previous marriage of the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) ended due to the death of their spouse then include a Copy of Death Certificate(s) documenting that fact.

13. Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order.

14. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship:

Use as many of these items are possible. There is no minimum,

but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE.

1. Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.

2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a company such as kodakgallery.com. You can also make duplicates of photo's at your local photo store (Walgreeens, CVS, etc). Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.

3. The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Mail the I-129F Package to the USCIS

Section 12 of the I-129F instructions lists where you should mail the completed form(s). If you live in the United States this will be the Service Center with jurisdiction over the petitioner's place of residence. Mail the package with return receipt requested / delivery confirmation. Send via USPS.

IMPORTANT!

Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes the money orders too. You want to have a perfect replica of the package you are sending in. All Forms that you submit must be originals with original signatures. Supporting Evidence that you submit may be photocopies. Retain ALL original supporting Evidence since the USCIS has the right to check them by issuing an RFE (Request For Evidence). If you receive an RFE, follow the direction exactly, and make two copies of what you sent back. During any future interviews the USCIS may also want to examine the original supporting evidence.

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a US Notary Public), with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

K1 VISAK-1 Fiancé(e) Visa

American citizens who plan to marry their Filipino fiancé(e) in the United States must file an I-129F petition with the USCIS office that has jurisdiction over the petitioner's place of residence.

Once approved, the I-129F petition is sent to NVC, which forwards it to the Embassy in Manila. The Embassy will send the Filipino fiancé(e) information on how to apply for the K-1 visa, including the medical examination and the visa interview.

Applicants or their representatives must have the applicant's Immigrant Case Number as given in the Embassy notification letter available when they call to schedule an appointment.

Generally, it takes 8 to 12 months from the date the petition is approved for the K-1 visa to be issued. If a field investigation is required and if the applicant does not satisfy all the application requirements, visa issuance may take longer. The presence of the U.S. citizen is not required during the fiancé(e)'s visa interview.

Because of the time involved in processing the application for a K-1 visa, it is recommended that the petitioner and beneficiary gather the required documentation for the visa application at the earliest possible time.

Children (unmarried and below 21 years of age) of a K-1 applicant may derive immigration benefits from the same I-129 petition and are issued “K-2†visas. Children identified in the approved I-129F petition are called “derivativesâ€. Derivatives may apply at the same time as the principal applicant parent or may apply later, but must be issued K-2 visas within one year from the date the K-1 visa was issued to the principal applicant parent. Derivatives who are following-to-join the principal applicant parent must apply for their K-2 visas in a timely manner to allow visa issuance within the required period.

The I-129F fiancé(e) petition is a single entry visa that is valid for six months from the date of its approval. If the petition expires, a consular officer may revalidate it for another four months (provided that both parties remain legally free to marry).

Application Procedures for the K Visa

STEP 1: File the Petition: File the I-129F petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that covers your permanent place of residence. The Form I-129F is available at the Department of Homeland Security's public queries window or Window 44 at Embassy Manila. The petition must be filed in the United States.

STEP 2: USCIS approves the petition: Once the petition is approved, USCIS sends it to the National Visa Center (NVC). NVC forwards the petition to the Embassy in Manila. This process generally takes 4 to 6 months.

NOTE: Approval of a visa petition does not necessarily mean a visa will be issued. Only a consular officer at the Embassy may determine a person's eligibility to receive a visa.

STEP 3: The applicant is notified: When the Embassy receives the approved petition from the NVC, it notifies the applicant of the medical examination and visa interview.

Applicants or their representatives must have the applicant's Immigrant Case Number as given in the Embassy notification letter available when they call to schedule an appointment.

STEP 4: Apply for the visa: After the applicant pays the non-refundable application/processing fee and completes the required medical examination at St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic, he/she appears at the Embassy for the scheduled visa interview with all the required documents.

The consular officer adjudicates the application based on the visa interview, documents submitted by the applicant and any relevant information available to the Embassy. The consular officer determines the applicant's eligibility to be issued the K visa. If the application is approved, the visa will be delivered to the applicant's residence by a guaranteed courier service in 7 to 10 days. If the consular officer determines that the applicant is not eligible for visa issuance, this will be explained to the applicant who will be provided a written refusal sheet that informs her/him:

1) how the visa refusal may be overcome with additional documentation or information;

2) to await notification from the Embassy if the case will require further review; or

3) the basis for the determination of a visa ineligibility under U.S. immigration law and if a waiver of ineligibility is available.

Frequently Asked Questions About the K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa

How does one apply for a K-1 visa?

A Filipino fiancé(e) needs an approved I-129F petition to apply for a “K-1†visa. Only a U.S. citizen may file a fiancé(e) petition. This is done at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office that has jurisdiction over the place where the U.S. citizen resides.

What are the documents a K-1 applicant needs to submit?

A fiancé(e) is considered an intending immigrant and therefore must present documents similar to those required for an immigrant visa applicant. These include: a valid Philippine passport; a copy of the applicant's birth certificate issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper; legal documents proving the termination of a previous marriage; NBI clearance; police certificates from all foreign countries where the applicant lived for at least six months starting at the age of 16; evidence of the relationship with the petitioner; evidence of financial support; a medical examination completed by St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic and visa photographs. Evidence must be presented that the couple met in person within the past two years before the petition was filed.

Can an applicant request an earlier visa appointment?

If an applicant wishes to advance the visa interview appointment, he/she should write the Embassy or call the Immigrant Visa Call Center to request an earlier appointment. Requests for earlier appointments are granted only if there is a space available.

How much time is given to complete the K-1 visa application?

A K-1 petition is valid for six months from the date of its approval. But this may be revalidated by a consular officer provided that both parties are still legally free to marry. It is recommended to gather all the necessary documents for the visa interview appointment as soon as possible.

Does the “K-1†visa grant an immigrant status and entitle the Filipino fiancé(e) to a green card?

No, it does not. The K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa, which allows the holder to stay in the United States on a temporary basis. After the marriage takes place, the alien spouse must contact the USCIS to obtain conditional permanent residence status. The Filipino spouse may apply for removal of the conditional status and become a lawful permanent resident after two years of marriage to the U.S. citizen spouse.

What should the Filipino fiancé(e) do upon entry into the United States?

The Filipino fiancé(e) has 90 days from admission into the United States to marry his/her petitioner. The K-1 visa does not allow the bearer to marry anyone other than the petitioner. After the marriage, the couple must contact the USCIS to register for conditional permanent resident status for the Filipino spouse. Contact the USCIS in the United States for further information regarding the K-1 visa bearer's status while in the United States.

Can the K-1 visa be used to travel in and out of the United States?

No. The K-1 visa is a single-entry visa, which means that the K-1 bearer who leaves the United States without changing marital and immigration status will not be able to re-enter the country on the same visa. A new petition and visa would be required.

What are the main reasons a K-1 visa is denied?

K-1 applications are subject to the same review standards as immigrant visa applications. The main reasons for visa refusal are: lacking documentation; need to review or verify evidence; lack of a petitionable relationship; misrepresentation of the facts; medical concerns; criminal grounds and potential public charge.

A common basis for refusal is a prior marriage for the beneficiary or the petitioner that has not been legally terminated. There is no divorce in the Philippines. A consular officer will only accept a death certificate or a court ruling of annulment or of presumptive death as evidence that a Filipino marriage has been terminated. An American may terminate a Filipino marriage through a U.S. divorce.

Can family members of the Filipino fiancé(e) be included in the petition?

Only the unmarried, minor children (below 21 years old) of the Filipino fiancé(e) can be included in the K-1 petition. They are eligible to apply for a K-2 visa. If they are unable to depart with their Filipino parent, children who are named in the petition have one year (from the time the K-1 visa is issued) to be issued K-2 visas. They must apply for visas in a timely manner to allow visa issuance within the required time. Otherwise, the children will no longer be able to derive any immigration benefit from their parent's K-1 visa and new immigrant visa petitions need to be filed on their behalf.

Can the Filipino fiancé(e) work in the U.S. with a K-1 visa?

Yes. When the fiancé(e) enters the United States he/she will be eligible to apply for a work permit with the USCIS.

What fees are involved in obtaining a K visa?

There is a $131 non-refundable application/processing fee for each K visa applicant. This fee is payable in U.S. dollars or its current peso equivalent. This is paid at an accredited branch of Citibank or the Bank of the Philippine Islands. The required medical examination costs are U.S. U.S. $213.35 for adults (15 years and older) and U.S. $185.35 for children (under 15 years of age).

What if the fiancé(e) must delay their arrival in the U.S.?

The K-1 visa is valid for a maximum of six months. If the visa bearer is unable to leave for the United States immediately and the visa expires, a new one may be issued upon written request to the Embassy and the payment of another application and processing fee of U.S. $500.

Where can I find additional information?

For general visa information about K-1, K-2, K-3, K-4 or IR-1 visas visit or call:

The U.S. State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs website.

The Embassy's Immigrant Visa Information Call Center in Manila at 1-909-101-7878. Callers in the USA can also contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. There is a fee charged to callers by the Call Center for its services. You may call Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Cost is about 53 pesos per minute. This number can be reached from the Philippines using a PLDT or SMART telephone line with NDD access.

The State Department's National Visa Center in New Hampshire can be reached at (603) 334-0700. The NVC handles petitions before they are sent to the Embassy in Manila.

Information about immigrant visa petitions is available at:

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website and the Department of Homeland Security office at the Embassy in Manila, Window 44 (open Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, Tel. no: (632) 301-2000, Ext. 2224).

Hope this help!!!!!!!!!

btw congatz for having NAO2........

after that medical and interview

goodluck in advance

bRat...........

thank you so much for the info, this will really help me a lot... thank you again....

Timeline
thank you lord!!!

Congrats! :thumbs: I'm hapi for u :)

you're very much welcome!!!!!!!!!!1

good luck to the rest of ur journey......

04-12-08.........Married

06-11-08.........I-130 Mailed

06-13-08.........I-130 Received

06-18-08.........NOA1

06-20-08.........Touched

06-21-08.........Received NOA letter

06-23-08.........Check cashed (Hon's birthday)!

08-08-08.........Touched

08-08-08.........I-130 Approved

08-08-08.........Case completed

08-09-08.........Email Received

08-15-08.........NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08-28-08.........Received AOS Notice

09-04-08.........I-864 Received by NVC

09-04-08.........DS3032 email resent

09-11-08.........Paid IV bill online

09-12-08.........Sent DS230

09-15-08.........Sent a email to NVC requesting for early interview due to pregnancy

09-23-08.........RFE

09-26-08.........Found out that a expedite was granted due to pregnancy (NVC RULES)!

10-01-08.........Case Received at Embassy

10-03-08.........Faxed Expedite request to Embassy

10-05-08.........Expedite granted! USEM Rules!

10-07-08.........Delbros Paid (no longer required)

10-15-08.........Medical

10-16-08.........Medical Passed

10-22-08.........Interview PASSED!!(Pink Slip)

10-24-08.........Visa in hand

11-01-08.........POE (Hawaii),flight #######!

11-13-08.........SSN arrived

11-26-08.........welcome note

12-16-08.........GREEN CARD RECIEVED

02-12-09......... gave birth to a beautiful Baby Girl

04-21-09......... Veterinary LabTechician (job) (Cleveland Veterinary Hospital)

.[

10f2b0h.jpg22aveq.jpg

Congratulations and Good luck!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.