centurion

Visa Granted

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Have not been around for Awhile and have received some PM's about our status and timeline. So I figure it was time to post.

Olga had her interview on May 3. I traveled in late April to be with her during the process.

She went to Moscow for her medical exam before I arrived and experienced the same treatment at MOM as was written in an earlier post.

We flew to Moscow on the Monday the 1st and got situated in the apartment I rented. We stayed in the "OLD ARBAT" apartment leased through GoToRussia.com. The apartment was nice, very clean and cost was $159 per night (( much cheaper than the decent hotels in the area). It is also within easy walking distance from the Embassy ( about 15 minutes). We spent the second day locating the Embassy and taking the little one to the Moscow Zoo.

The morning of the 3rd we arrived at the embassy around 7:50 am. There were quite a few people lined up. I though we were in for quite the wait. It turned out however that most of the people were there early to wait for other visas Tourist, work Etc. At 8 am those waiting for fiance/spouse visas were allowed to the front of the line. First the Militsia checked their passports ( ???? ) then then proceded to the Embassy guards who checked the pink invitation form against their list. Then security checked their bags, wanded them with the metal detector and allowed them inside. Items such as cell phones had to be left and picked up after the exited the embassy.

Her experience inside the Embassy has been hard to decipher. She speaks English well enough to communicate. We had been going over all the possible questions Etc. She said she was so nervous that she forgot all her English and did the interview in Russian. She thought that the Woman who conducted her interview was nice but did not speak Russian very well. Olga does not remember what questions she was asked other than How we met (she was to nervous). For the most part questions were the same as have been listed in previous posts on the forum. The interviewer seemed more interested in proof of our relationship ( photos, letters/cards, phone records Etc.) Thankfully we had enough of both. The only possible problem area for us was the requirement that Fathers give permission for children to leave. Fortunately, Olga did not include the little ones father on his birth certificate. So she was able to prove that his biological father has no interest in him.

At the end of the interview she was told that she approved for the Visa. She spent the rest of the day in shock. She had been told by several people that her chances were only 50/50.

There were some women who did not receive visas. All for the same reason, Documents.

Make sure that they have them. Women who did not have all the documents necessary were told to submit them later and they would be approved.

Also do not trust the information on the embassy website in english. The information given to the women is different and the two versions contradict each other.

I worked constantly in preparing the documents for the interview and we still worried.

We returned to Ufa on May 5 and DHL delivered her visa on May 6.

Olga our 3 year old and I arrived home on the 21st. We went through immigration in Denver. Other than a 5 minute wait in line, Immigration took about 10 minutes to process her visa. The C & I officer was very polite and nice.

Now the new Journey begins adjustment to the states and another process of documents and government Bureaucracy for the AOS.

All questions are welcome and any Advice on the AOS and registering and changing her passport will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by centurion

Congrats centurion and good luck with your new journey!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!! Good job! Good suggestions and if any "memory" comes back, let us all know.

:thumbs::dance:

Thanks again so much and hope everything goes very smoothly in the future!

Larry

Larry and Maria

Congratulations! :dance:

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Congratulations centurion! My Katya's interview is on Monday, and I know I'm definitely worried about it. She has plenty of photographs of us together and copies of my boarding passes, airline ticket, etc, but copies of only about 5 or 6 e-mails. We communicate mostly through SMS (text messages) and an occassional phone call, but I use a prepaid calling card so that doesn't show any record of calling Russia. Oh well, I guess there isn't much I can do except keep my fingers crossed.... hopefully Katya is not as nervous as me!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Great news! Sounds like your experience was a lot like ours (I wrote about it back in March here on VJ).

Your entry was a lot smoother than ours in Atlanta....I also wrote that horror story here.

Will keep everyone posted about AOS, we will be doing it very soon......as we are getting married tomorrow!

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats. Thanks for sharing.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

centurion -- Congrats on the visa and welcome Olga to the USA! :dance:

JamesT -- Good luck on the interview! :thumbs:

Neonred -- Congrats on the upcoming nuptials! :D

Very nice thread with much good news!

K1

07-18-05 NOA1

08-06-05 NOA2

11-02-05 Petition arrives NVC, lost 85 Days after NOA2!

02-15-06 Interview Moscow (Visa approved)

02-20-06 Visa received

02-27-06 Arrives USA - POE Dallas

AOS

04-03-06 NOA1

04-17-06 Biometrics

07-20-06 Success!

LIFE

03-04-06 Married!

02-07-07 Our daughter is born!

08-01-07 Inlaws visit for 26 days.

06-03-09 Our Son is born!

09-20-09 Mother in-law for 2.5 months.

Remove Conditions

05-13-08 NOA1

06-12-08 Biometrics

04-08-09 Success!

Naturalization

04-23-09 Mailed N400

04-29-09 NOA1

05-20-09 Biometrics

07-22-09 Interview Success!

09-23-09 Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you Neon. I read your posts and used the information to help Olga prepare. I also made travel plans based on your information about Atlanta. I could have arranged a cheaper flight though Atlanta but based on your post decided to fly direct into Denver instead.

Based on my experience I would reccoment to anyone pay the extra money and fly into Denver.

British air has a flight from London and Lufthansa has one from Franfurt. Both airlines service Moscow.

JamesT

I think you will be Ok. We also did most of our communicating via SMS. If Katya has a cell phone it may be possible for her to

get her phone records. Looks like your a bit short on time though. Still I think you will be fine.

Neon I hope your wedding is a huge success and wish you the best. I will be looking for your post concerning the next adventure AOS.

Congrats Neon!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Congratulations! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
:goofy: CONGRATULATIONS and GOOD LUCK!!! :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

04/08/05 . . . . Sent I-129F to TSC

08/31/05 . . . . London Interview - APPROVED

AOS PROCESS:

10/06/05 . . . . Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox

05/16/06 . . . . APPROVED.

REMOVING CONDITIONS PROCESS:

03/03/08 . . . . Sent I-751 packet to TSC.

02/27/09 . . . . APPROVED.

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

05/21/12 . . . . Sent N-400 packet to Dallas lockbox

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

• 2 weeks later...

Interview PASSED!!!!

(Don't get too excited yet.... Russian superstition... we can't get excited until Wednesday or Thursday when it actually arrives.)

I've posted some of the details of the interview in the other thread, but I really didn't learn too much today. We'll talk again Saturday, and I'll post more then. Good luck to all of you still going through this!!! (And remember, your interview date will come!!!)

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.