mohamed and trina

fiance visa will this be a problem

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ok folks it's been a while since i posted.but really my fiance is very nervous about something and i wanted to ask you all if you have been in the same boat.and had success.so here it goes he worries it will be a problem with him at the interview if we have not seen eachother since last april of 2007.so i said well we filed within the 2 years.but he says it will be better if we can see eachother for the interview it will look better.so i said well i dont know if we can afford that since we filed for the visa and we will need to save all we have for when he comes here he will need a car,papers to file which is over 1000 dollars,marriage,honeymoon,you guys know the drill like i said the last time i was there in egypt.was april 21,2007 and we filed on august 28 of this year.and to be honest i am alone with one paycheck doing all the bills.so are we good mena will everything be ok for us.or are we in trouble.i just really wanted to save money for when he comes here we will need it.i wanted to know if we will be good if i dont make another trip.let me know guys so he can calm down.i would appreciate all the advice from all of you who have had this problem.thank you so much and God bless you all. :D

I hadn't seen my fiance since 4/24/07 when he had his interview on 8/19/08. It was not an issue that we had not seen each other.

Our K-1 Timeline

01/12/08: Attorney mailed petition to CSC

01/22/08: NOA1

05/27/08: NOA2

06/03/08: NVC received

06/04/08: NVC forwarded to Rio de Janeiro consulate

06/09/08: Consulate received

06/23/08: Packet 3 sent

08/19/08: Interview!! (Approved!!)

08/27/08: Visa in hand

09/12/08: POE (Washington DC)

09/25/08: Applied for Social Security card

10/06/08: Social Security card received

11/12/08: Marriage!!

AOS Timeline

03/21/09: Mailed AOS docs to Chicago

03/23/09: AOS packet received in Chicago

03/31/09: NOA1

04/03/09: NOA1 Received (His Birthday!!)

04/17/09: Received notice that our case was transferred to CSC on 4/13/09

04/17/09: My case has been entered into the USCIS system!!

04/23/09: Biometrics appointment

05/11/09: AP approved

05/12/09: Case arrived at CSC for further processing

05/13/09: EAD approved

05/13/09: AOS Touched

05/14/09: AP received

05/15/09: EAD card received

06/25/09: Card production ordered

07/06/09: Approval notice sent

07/06/09: Card Received!!!

Removal of Conditions

03/23/11: Will mail I-751

Citizenship

03/23/12: Will mail N-400

.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
thank you so much for some of your replys he was just so worried about this issue

Brazil and the UK are not Egypt. Showing evidence of bona fides is a big issue in high fraud countries. Time together is the best evidence. You do the math.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
ok folks it's been a while since i posted.but really my fiance is very nervous about something and i wanted to ask you all if you have been in the same boat.and had success.so here it goes he worries it will be a problem with him at the interview if we have not seen eachother since last april of 2007.so i said well we filed within the 2 years.but he says it will be better if we can see eachother for the interview it will look better.so i said well i dont know if we can afford that since we filed for the visa and we will need to save all we have for when he comes here he will need a car,papers to file which is over 1000 dollars,marriage,honeymoon,you guys know the drill like i said the last time i was there in egypt.was april 21,2007 and we filed on august 28 of this year.and to be honest i am alone with one paycheck doing all the bills.so are we good mena will everything be ok for us.or are we in trouble.i just really wanted to save money for when he comes here we will need it.i wanted to know if we will be good if i dont make another trip.let me know guys so he can calm down.i would appreciate all the advice from all of you who have had this problem.thank you so much and God bless you all. :D

I suggest that our embassy in Egypt will be quite strict about ensuring that you have an active bona fide engagement. He is correct, that your presence at the interview will be very helpful, if not decisive, in my opinion.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Mohamed & Trina, :)

We're filing through Egypt, too. Even though we aren't anywhere near our interview (still awaiting NOA2 :( )... I'm still going to make a trip back to go with him. I know how you feel... all stressed because you have to save money for your life together so you can be prepared when he gets here, BUT THEN AT THE SAME TIME you know you NEED to make another trip back. Honestly :), I DESPERATELY WANT to go back & I'm just waiting to get approved (NOA2) that way once we get our interview date, I'll book a ticket immediately. :D I'm tight on cash too, but I just can't stand being without him. PLUS, the interview is the BIGGEST part of our journey & I cannot stand to let him be there alone without me. Even if they don't let me in, I'm going to be waiting right there by his side. :) I've heard that they are REALLY tough in Cairo because of the high fraud rates, so I'm guessing it's best to be there with him EVEN THOUGH we have TONS of proof that we have a bonafide relationship. Anyway, this is something that you and your fiance need to decide on TOGETHER. Talk about your options and what's best in your situation. Either way, you're in my prayers. I'm sure you all will be just fine. It's just us who sometimes OVER-STRESS ourselves because we want everything to be perfect and go as smoothly as possible. I don't blame you because I'm EXACTLY the same way. :) He's the love of my life & I want nothing more than to be by his side for the rest of our lives. :) Good luck in your interview. :thumbs: May God bless you both & grant you a smooth & speedy approval. ;) Please let me know how it goes so I can join in & celebrate with 'ya! ;)

Edited by inGODShands

In happy moments... PRAISE God.

In difficult moments... SEEK God.

In quiet moments... WORSHIP God.

In painful moments... TRUST God.

At every moment... THANK God.

If God brings you to it, HE will bring you through it.

God does not ALWAYS remove difficulties.

He uses them for our own good and His glory.

Our Timeline:

K-1 Interview------> May 19, 2009

Visa received------> July 20, 2009

US Entry-----------> July 27, 2009

Marriage-----------> July 30, 2009

AOS Filed-----------> October 16, 2009

Biometrics-----------> November 17, 2009

AP received-----------> December 12, 2009

AOS approved-----------> January 12, 2010

Greencard received-----------> January 23, 2010

I-751 Package sent-----------> November 28, 2011

Package received-----------> November 29, 2011

NOA-----------> November 29, 2011

Check cashed-----------> December 1, 2011

EL HAMDULLELAH! =oD

pvog3oc658.png

anmde68d690bf5c310d.gif

2ls6rf4.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey Mohamed & Trina, :)

We're filing through Egypt, too. Even though we aren't anywhere near our interview (still awaiting NOA2 :( )... I'm still going to make a trip back to go with him. I know how you feel... all stressed because you have to save money for your life together so you can be prepared when he gets here, BUT THEN AT THE SAME TIME you know you NEED to make another trip back. Honestly :), I DESPERATELY WANT to go back & I'm just waiting to get approved (NOA2) that way once we get our interview date, I'll book a ticket immediately. :D I'm tight on cash too, but I just can't stand being without him. PLUS, the interview is the BIGGEST part of our journey & I cannot stand to let him be there alone without me. Even if they don't let me in, I'm going to be waiting right there by his side. :) I've heard that they are REALLY tough in Cairo because of the high fraud rates, so I'm guessing it's best to be there with him EVEN THOUGH we have TONS of proof that we have a bonafide relationship. Anyway, this is something that you and your fiance need to decide on TOGETHER. Talk about your options and what's best in your situation. Either way, you're in my prayers. I'm sure you all will be just fine. It's just us who sometimes OVER-STRESS ourselves because we want everything to be perfect and go as smoothly as possible. I don't blame you because I'm EXACTLY the same way. :) He's the love of my life & I want nothing more than to be by his side for the rest of our lives. :) Good luck in your interview. :thumbs: May God bless you both & grant you a smooth & speedy approval. ;) Please let me know how it goes so I can join in & celebrate with 'ya! ;)

thank you so much for you prayers .

as matter of fact we are not anywhere near our interview either .

we filed for the visa on Aug 28 and we are still waiting for the NOa2 .

GOD bless you to and i wish you a speedy and smooth journey .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

I do think that another trip would benefit the interview but if you have documents to show proof.. I feel you'd be ok with that...

Best of Luck :thumbs:

Met husband July 2005

Married August 2006

Interview for CR-1 Scheduled for December 2007

Administrative Process

Husband was instructed to send passport, new medical, police certificate 02-08-09

VISA IN HAND Feb. 19, 2009 * AP lasted 1 year and 51 days*

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Trina,

Go to the middle east forum and post. There are several ladies who have gone through Egypt and they can best advise you. Pushbrk brings up a valid point. Egypt is one of the high fraud consulates and can be difficult to deal with. Egypt scrutinizes everything and usally seems to make house calls and neighbor calls to verify things. Coming on a K1 your fiance should be able to get a temp work permit through JFK (if they are still doing it then) and go to work right away. Maybe knowing this would offset some of your financial concerns. (my husband got his temp EAD, started working within 3 weeks of arriving here, and got his work auth just before the temp on expired. While it doesn't always work that fast, even working for 2-3 months can add to your finances)

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I only made one trip to Egypt, and we have had our K3 approved. The CO didn't ask my husband any questions about how little time I spent there. My husband took emails, letters, and IM logs. We had 6 affadavits from friends and family (in the US and Egypt) and a ton of pictures of us all over the country and with his family. It was enough.

On a side note, the last I heard, the Consulate in Egypt is not letting SO's in for the interviews. You may want to call and double check.

If you have enough evidence you do not need another trip.

Good luck on your journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.