fendergirl

Dating Website

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all, I am not a russian nor a fiance of a russian. But I have a a question if anybody here know this russian dating website called http://www.hotrussianbrides.com/ a legit one. My friend is currently dating and emailing this girl from Ukraine and he met her in that website.

But the thing is, why can't he call her through phone, chat her live with web cam, and know her exact address.? My husband and I are really concern about him dating this girl, and we don't want him to fall with somebody who isn't for real.

I heard about dating agencies, can somebody enlighten us?

Have you seen your girl on webcam before you flew to russia, what did you do?

2010.png

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Hello to all, I am not a russian nor a fiance of a russian. But I have a a question if anybody here know this russian dating website called http://www.hotrussianbrides.com/ a legit one. My friend is currently dating and emailing this girl from Ukraine and he met her in that website.

But the thing is, why can't he call her through phone, chat her live with web cam, and know her exact address.? My husband and I are really concern about him dating this girl, and we don't want him to fall with somebody who isn't for real.

I would advise your friend to be very careful. In perusing this site, it looks like they are charging a fee for every single thing, including letters, webcam, phone calls, etc. It may not be scammy, but it's ridiculously and needlessly expensive. If he's not allowed to know her exact email address at the very least, then he should run, not walk away. Otherwise he's just going to keep feeding the meter for however long they can keep him interested. The way it is right now, he has no idea if he's corresponding with a real live woman, or someone who is just running up his tab. Any website that keeps the woman insulated from direct contact is bad news. Enough women in Ukraine/Russia have access to the internet now that these types of services are completely unnecessary. Seriously, that site is just bad news.

If he's going to use a dating website have him check out Club World Relations. It's owned and operated by one of the members right here on the RU forum. He may not find true love (but then again he might!), but he definitely won't get ripped off either.

Timeline

I would advise your friend to be very careful. In perusing this site, it looks like they are charging a fee for every single thing, including letters, webcam, phone calls, etc. It may not be scammy, but it's ridiculously and needlessly expensive. If he's not allowed to know her exact email address at the very least, then he should run, not walk away. Otherwise he's just going to keep feeding the meter for however long they can keep him interested. The way it is right now, he has no idea if he's corresponding with a real live woman, or someone who is just running up his tab. Any website that keeps the woman insulated from direct contact is bad news. Enough women in Ukraine/Russia have access to the internet now that these types of services are completely unnecessary. Seriously, that site is just bad news.

If he's going to use a dating website have him check out Club World Relations. It's owned and operated by one of the members right here on the RU forum. He may not find true love (but then again he might!), but he definitely won't get ripped off either.

Thank you so much, for your information. Yes I find it really weird, that he can't chat her with web cam and he even told me that this website has this gifts to the girls like, flowers, toys, spa certificate, chocolates that he can buy and that website will be the one to send those stuffs he bought for her.

So I really thought that internet in Ukraine is not that accessible but with what you have said I find it clear now.

Thank you really!!!

2010.png

Thank you so much, for your information. Yes I find it really weird, that he can't chat her with web cam and he even told me that this website has this gifts to the girls like, flowers, toys, spa certificate, chocolates that he can buy and that website will be the one to send those stuffs he bought for her.

So I really thought that internet in Ukraine is not that accessible but with what you have said I find it clear now.

Thank you really!!!

The agency no doubt charges a huge markup on those gifts, and probably encourages the men to give their ladies gifts early and often. Probably the gifts that the man thinks he's buying might not even resemble the gift the woman actually receives. And sometimes the woman is even given a small portion of the cost of the gift, and not the actual gift. Then she can pocket a few rubles and thank the man for the lovely roses/chocolates/spa/whatever that she never even got. If he pays the extra money for a photo, she can hold up some prop flowers. The list of possible tricks goes on and on.

Unless he's able to build an unfiltered relationship with a woman, he's really taking a gamble. I hope for his sake that he cuts his losses and runs.

Timeline

Thank you really!!!

The agency no doubt charges a huge markup on those gifts, and probably encourages the men to give their ladies gifts early and often. Probably the gifts that the man thinks he's buying might not even resemble the gift the woman actually receives. And sometimes the woman is even given a small portion of the cost of the gift, and not the actual gift. Then she can pocket a few rubles and thank the man for the lovely roses/chocolates/spa/whatever that she never even got. If he pays the extra money for a photo, she can hold up some prop flowers. The list of possible tricks goes on and on.

Unless he's able to build an unfiltered relationship with a woman, he's really taking a gamble. I hope for his sake that he cuts his losses and runs.

Yes, as I did research more about that site I bump into a site where guys have been scammed by that website and this is the site http://jimslists.com/agencies/russianlovematch.html were they share their experienced.

2010.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Have your friend give this her his bank account info, credit card info, SSN and DOB.

If his accounts are still intact after 48 hours, then he will know she is legit.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

For the money he's going to end up spending through a website he might as well just fly over there for a week or so, meet a girl the old fashioned way, and then correspond with her like that.

There are some good sites out there though. Have him find a CHEAP one and a REAL girl. The site listed in the OP has a lot of girls, but where's the bang for the buck?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hot Russian Brides is basically a scam site and the odds are 100 to 1 the girl he is writing doesn't even know he exists. Sites like that and Army of Brides, Global Ladies, E-700, AFA sometimes and Anastasia pay secretaries a to write men Lots of guys have even gone so far as making a trip to meet a lady that doesn't exist.

Have his stay with sites like Elena's models, Merry dating, freepersonals.ru, bride.ru, Cindy agency and he will save a lot of money and be corresponding with real women. Tell him not to waste another penny on HRB.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

what's to say it's really a girl he's talking to?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I met my wife on elenasmodels.com so I have faith that there are real women out there. But there are a lot of scammers also. I'd recommend he get her phone number and contact her using Skype (www.skype.com). In my experience it was a much better and cheaper connection than normal telephone, calling card, etc. I'd start with that...talk to her on the phone. At least then he can be sure she is at least a real female. Then, I'd book a trip to meet in person...that's the only way he can really be sure. Good luck!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My only question to your coworker would be...they call this dating now?

Dating isn't just necking in a drive-thru these days. Call it what you will, the internet has made relationships possible that would have never been before. A large percentage of VJ'ers started "dating" their OH's on a website.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Dating isn't just necking in a drive-thru these days. Call it what you will, the internet has made relationships possible that would have never been before. A large percentage of VJ'ers started "dating" their OH's on a website.

True dat, Mox. The magical world of teh Internets has opened up new avenues for dating, albeit scamming and other abuses exist and must be navigated. I'm sure the majority of VJers meet their OH on a website and, if things go well, meet in person to see if the chemistry is there or not. With web-cams and voice chat, other than physical presence and intimacy, the typical early dating experience online isn't that far off 'the real thing'. Heck, Natasha and I listened to much music and enjoyed many simultaneous video viewings, as well as competing in online games, during our getting to know one another phase.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
but where's the bang for the buck?
I bet Cam knows.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

but where's the bang for the buck?
I bet Cam knows.

Cam didn't really get scammed, did he? I mean, after all.... he got what he paid for!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.