Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

can someone tell me if there is a fee for the interview or to get the green card (ir1/cr1)? we are trying to plan for the expenses coming up. Case is complete at NVC just awaiting the interview to be scheduled. I'm figuring ~$300 for the medical appt....there's another fee though isn't there? mv4 or something? i'm having trouble finding it online

As of February they just added a new fee that has to be paid prior to the green card being issued. The amount is 165 dollars and is paid on the USCIS website after interview is approved. Hope that helps. I am also wondering how much the medical will be/how much it will cost for David to stay in Nairobi for a week or ten days during the interview.

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

2/24/16- Husband received 10 year green card

Starting the process over again for our daughter (IR2):

1/13/16 NOA1 from Potomac Service Center

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Received NVC Case and Invoice Numbers

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/22/16 Invoice for AOS Received. Paid AOS Fee

4/25/16 AOS Fee shows as PAID

4/27/16 Invoice for IV Received. Paid IV Fee

4/29/16 IV Fee Shows as PAID

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/6/16 Sent AOS and IV packages

5/9/16 AOS and IV packages received by NVC

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

8/8/16 Received Interview Date

9/20/16 Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

As of February they just added a new fee that has to be paid prior to the green card being issued. The amount is 165 dollars and is paid on the USCIS website after interview is approved. Hope that helps. I am also wondering how much the medical will be/how much it will cost for David to stay in Nairobi for a week or ten days during the interview.

The medical is the least expensive part of this entire process luv.gif I don't remember the exact amount of Ben's medical...I'd have to go through the paperwork and add it up. I posted the amount at one point on this thread, but ever since they changed the website set up, I don't even know where to look for the posts I've made that long ago. I believe the medical itself was around $135 and then he had to get just a few shots, so it really wasn't too bad. Also, Nairobi is fairly inexpensive as far as hotels and places to stay, honestly. I'm sure David can find some place convenient at a decent price. Read through this thread...Katie posted a few hotels a while back that were near the Embassy rose.gif

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

can someone tell me if there is a fee for the interview or to get the green card (ir1/cr1)? we are trying to plan for the expenses coming up. Case is complete at NVC just awaiting the interview to be scheduled. I'm figuring ~$300 for the medical appt....there's another fee though isn't there? mv4 or something? i'm having trouble finding it online

If approved at interview, Visa Package Fee, $165.00

May be a fee to pick up passport w/visa stamp

Airline ticket - $$ varies

Never heard of MV4 though.

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

Praise the Lord! Just got off the phone with NVC. July 24th is the interview!! God is so so good!

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

9/20/16 Interview Date

Filed: IR-5 Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congratulations. When was your case complete? I wonder if it makes a difference with scheduling interviews in Nairobi whether one is IR5 or IR1/CRI? Once case is complete, do they schedule interview as they get the paperwork or do they allot some slots to parents or spouse or fiance?

Congratulations. When was your case complete? I wonder if it makes a difference with scheduling interviews in Nairobi whether one is IR5 or IR1/CRI? Once case is complete, do they schedule interview as they get the paperwork or do they allot some slots to parents or spouse or fiance?

Our case was filed 9/13/12 and complete 5/10/13. I am unsure about the IR5 or IR1/CR1 making a difference in interview assignments. I just had a feeling today and decided to call the NVC today to see if David's interview had been scheduled. Nairobi and the NVC scheduled the appts today and haven't sent out the email notifications yet. I think you should call them to see if they have an update. NVC is open til midnight EST. Good luck!

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

9/20/16 Interview Date

I had to call when I saw your message mrsalato and I just got my interview scheduled today as well! July 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Thank you Lord!

Woohoo! So happy for you too! Make sure Wilson takes good notes to pass on so I can tell David what to expect. I am beyond excited for both of us!!

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

9/20/16 Interview Date

The medical is the least expensive part of this entire process luv.gif I don't remember the exact amount of Ben's medical...I'd have to go through the paperwork and add it up. I posted the amount at one point on this thread, but ever since they changed the website set up, I don't even know where to look for the posts I've made that long ago. I believe the medical itself was around $135 and then he had to get just a few shots, so it really wasn't too bad. Also, Nairobi is fairly inexpensive as far as hotels and places to stay, honestly. I'm sure David can find some place convenient at a decent price. Read through this thread...Katie posted a few hotels a while back that were near the Embassy rose.gif

Thanks so much, Jill! We are almost there now that the interview was assigned today! I will look back at what Katie posted as far as hotels go. I can't wait to have David home with me!

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

9/20/16 Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi there guys been awhile kinda been busy hope everyone here is doing good. I am still in the process just wanted to post a questions so if anyone has an idea please let me know. Question is we applied for our Adjustment of status after my wife had come with a K1 Visa, the application was sent in October 2012 and we are now in June 2013 and no answer yet, anyone heard if there are any delays for the cases or any October filers got theres? or still waiting ? please share. Maybe i need to call them soon and find out, your help is greatly appreciated . Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I have a question about registering for the DHL delivery. I have my interview and medical appt. scheduled, interview is July 3rd. Do I wait until the interview is complete to register for DHL delivery? The reason I'm asking is because at the CSC website it says to enter a passport number and the country that issued the passport. So would that be his Kenyan passport or are they talking about the american passport he'll get later at the interview?

I have a question about registering for the DHL delivery. I have my interview and medical appt. scheduled, interview is July 3rd. Do I wait until the interview is complete to register for DHL delivery? The reason I'm asking is because at the CSC website it says to enter a passport number and the country that issued the passport. So would that be his Kenyan passport or are they talking about the american passport he'll get later at the interview?

I just registered for DHL for David. It is the passport number of the current passport so put Wilson's Kenya passport info. He wouldn't get an american passport unless he became a US citizen a few years from now.

Did you register for the medical by phone or email? I need David to get his registered in the next week or so but I wasn't sure which method of communication was best.

Edited by mrsaloto

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

9/20/16 Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi there guys been awhile kinda been busy hope everyone here is doing good. I am still in the process just wanted to post a questions so if anyone has an idea please let me know. Question is we applied for our Adjustment of status after my wife had come with a K1 Visa, the application was sent in October 2012 and we are now in June 2013 and no answer yet, anyone heard if there are any delays for the cases or any October filers got theres? or still waiting ? please share. Maybe i need to call them soon and find out, your help is greatly appreciated . Thanks

Hey Maxxwell,

Here is a thread for October 2012 AOS filers. You can go through it. I see some people are also waiting like there is a delay. Good luck.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/394878-october-2012-aos-filers/page-29#entry6276714

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline

hello VJ friends

my fiance is having hard time to obtain Kenyan visa on his Somalian passport since there is no Kenyan Embassy function is Somalia where he lives so he will come thruogh Uganda like every other people do but our concern is do The Usem Nairobi will ask if he has Kenyan visa or not?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.