Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Lelah22 said:

It took 3 business days for us, but we did it also by email. They will request several documents that you'll need to send them and then they'll ask you what date you want to schedule your medical for(or at least that's how it worked for us). We just got our medical date today; it's set for March 27th. 

Hey Lelah22

Congratulations!!!, they replied today that we need to attach scanned passports front page, a document with our case number and to fill up a  document they attach in the email, then we send it back. Hopefully we will get the reply soon

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lelah22 said:

It took 3 business days for us, but we did it also by email. They will request several documents that you'll need to send them and then they'll ask you what date you want to schedule your medical for(or at least that's how it worked for us). We just got our medical date today; it's set for March 27th. 

Which medical center did you guys use, because I see there is a number of them. If you help me with their email address that will be helpful. Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Afric said:

Which medical center did you guys use, because I see there is a number of them. If you help me with their email address that will be helpful. Thanks 

IOM is the only medical center that the embassy will accept (I think that started in 2010). http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Kenya&cty=Nairobi, Kenya This link is fairly helpful as far as contact info for the medical center. 

Timeline
Just now, Lelah22 said:

IOM is the only medical center that the embassy will accept (I think that started in 2010). http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Kenya&cty=Nairobi, Kenya This link is fairly helpful as far as contact info for the medical center. 

Did you inquire first then reply what was needed? or how did you go about

Timeline
9 hours ago, Lelah22 said:

Is the email in that link the one you used, because we used a different email address. I think there are two centers serving the same purpose. Let me know the exact email address you used and documents they requested you to submit. Thanks

12 hours ago, Lelah22 said:

12 hours ago, Lelah22 said:

The Email you can use or at least the one we used is nbomed@iom.int and they'll send you a least of things that they want from you which already have but precisly it's:- 

-copy of valid passport (scan the bio data page)

-Letter from the us consular that has your case no. and visa appointment date.

-passport size photo 

- your phone number.

-Lastly you'll have to fill in a form which is pretty simple too.

And then she d everything back to the same address and you'll be good.

Be blessed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 0:39 AM, Afric said:

Hello Members,

I have been trying to schedule a medical appointment in a Nairobi, I  sent an email to them 4 days ago but they haven't replied yet. How did you guys go about? Your help is appreciated   

Call IOM Medical on these numbers +254 722 879680, +254 734 860707 or go there if you are in Nairobi.  That's what my wife did. 

Filed I-130 : 11 Mar 2016

I-130 Priority date : 15 Mar 2016

Approved: 03 Jun 2016

Case Complete: 24 Aug 2016

Interview date assigned: 29 Sep 2016

Interview: Nov 2016

https://guriixusjourney.wordpress.com

Timeline
10 hours ago, J&ml said:

The Email you can use or at least the one we used is nbomed@iom.int and they'll send you a least of things that they want from you which already have but precisly it's:- 

-copy of valid passport (scan the bio data page)

-Letter from the us consular that has your case no. and visa appointment date.

-passport size photo 

- your phone number.

-Lastly you'll have to fill in a form which is pretty simple too.

And then she d everything back to the same address and you'll be good.

Be blessed.

Thank you for the information.Be blessed

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey everyone, I am a Ugandan on this K1 visa journey with an approved petition. I feel so lucky to have found this thread because i have been searching the internet for any information I can get.

I went to get vaccinated and found out I had Hep B, (so am not getting a vaccination for that one), will that be a problem that can cause me not to pass the medical exam or not pass the interview? I plan to go with all my liver function tests(They are normal, I have tested them twice in the space of three months) and a doc's report about my Hep B status for the medical exam, is this wise?

Out of all these many vaccinations I see listed I have got only MMR, Tetanus and Diptheria ( I know I need Influenza as well), is that all that I need?

Thanks

Frank

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
15 hours ago, KF & OS said:

Hey everyone, I am a Ugandan on this K1 visa journey with an approved petition. I feel so lucky to have found this thread because i have been searching the internet for any information I can get.

I went to get vaccinated and found out I had Hep B, (so am not getting a vaccination for that one), will that be a problem that can cause me not to pass the medical exam or not pass the interview? I plan to go with all my liver function tests(They are normal, I have tested them twice in the space of three months) and a doc's report about my Hep B status for the medical exam, is this wise?

Out of all these many vaccinations I see listed I have got only MMR, Tetanus and Diptheria ( I know I need Influenza as well), is that all that I need?

Thanks

Frank

Hello, I hope you are well? Here is a resource. the CDC recommendation is further follow up when you get here to the US. Otherwise, it is not a bar to getting your immigration benefit (ie visa). However, I should let you know please get to a physician here in the US who will evaluate you. I am assuming you are core antigen positive?

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5516a4.htm?s_cid=rr5516a4_e

Take a look at the second and third paragraphs too...about protecting yourself and others with a barrier method of std prevention?

In answer to your other question about vaccinations. 

• Mumps.
  • Measles.
  • Rubella.
  • Tetanus and diphtheria.
  • Pertussis.
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) (this depends on the time of the year. Prediction is 40%+: NYCruiser add)
  • Hepatitis A.
  • Hepatitis B.(OMIT of course: NYCruiser add)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 1/17/2017 at 9:37 AM, Afric said:

Thank you for the information.

We did the same thing. Calling is best. They do need the NBOxxxxxxx number though.

Timeline
5 hours ago, NYCruiser said:

Hello, I hope you are well? Here is a resource. the CDC recommendation is further follow up when you get here to the US. Otherwise, it is not a bar to getting your immigration benefit (ie visa). However, I should let you know please get to a physician here in the US who will evaluate you. I am assuming you are core antigen positive?

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5516a4.htm?s_cid=rr5516a4_e

Take a look at the second and third paragraphs too...about protecting yourself and others with a barrier method of std prevention?

In answer to your other question about vaccinations. 

• Mumps.
  • Measles.
  • Rubella.
  • Tetanus and diphtheria.
  • Pertussis.
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) (this depends on the time of the year. Prediction is 40%+: NYCruiser add)
  • Hepatitis A.
  • Hepatitis B.(OMIT of course: NYCruiser add)

Thank u so much NYCruiser for this reply and the link u added, it was very informative. My doc said I am not contagious and that we shall keep doing tests every after 3 months until the medical examination, at which point he will give me a medical report. I have done two liver function tests one in Dec 2016 and another last week and everything is okay. Yes am  core - Anti HBC postive but HB "e" antigen negative. My fiance is aware and she is vaccinated. again, thank u for taking time to reply.

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello again!

Any CR1/IR1 filers?

We applied for I130 in October and are still waiting for our NOA2 from Nebraska.

It seems things have REALLY slowed down since we first applied. People were getting theirNOA2  after only 4 months then. 

I miss my husband and his family and our cat. I just want to go back and be with him. ???

Timeline
1 minute ago, goobies said:

Hello again!

Any CR1/IR1 filers?

We applied for I130 in October and are still waiting for our NOA2 from Nebraska.

It seems things have REALLY slowed down since we first applied. People were getting theirNOA2  after only 4 months then. 

I miss my husband and his family and our cat. I just want to go back and be with him. ???

Awww, I can relate. I am a K1 Dec 2016 filer who has NOA2 already but I can tell u that in Oct 2016 K1 filers where getting NOA2 in about a month or two, then in Nov 2016 it seemed like USCIS went for Vacation until Jan 2017 coz they approved no K1s at all during that time. We waited for 3 months to get an approval! Anyways, dont lose heart, u will get ur NOA2 soon, keep the faith

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.