Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hey everyone. I had my interview in Nairobi on Wednesday last week and I got approved, I got my visa and am now back in Kampala. The CO officer never asked to see any of the evidence I had brought, she simply interviewed me and that was all. We had frontloaded

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
10 hours ago, KF & OS said:

Hey everyone. I had my interview in Nairobi on Wednesday last week and I got approved, I got my visa and am now back in Kampala. The CO officer never asked to see any of the evidence I had brought, she simply interviewed me and that was all. We had frontloaded

Wow congrats and good luck on your travel,

looks like it was smooth for you hope it will go well for me and smooth too!

Timeline
10 hours ago, KF & OS said:

Congrats!! Enjoy the rest of the journey :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 6/13/2017 at 11:13 AM, KF & OS said:

That is wonderful! Congratulations to you both. Do you mind telling us how long you have been in a relationship? I am wondering if they didn't ask you much because you have been together for a long time.

Thanks

Timeline
19 hours ago, goobies said:

That is wonderful! Congratulations to you both. Do you mind telling us how long you have been in a relationship? I am wondering if they didn't ask you much because you have been together for a long time.

Thanks

I met my fiance at Church in Kampala in 2012 and we became friends. She was around for six weeks. After she returned to the US we remained in contact via fb messenger as friends talking here and there. But in October 2015 we decided to Skype the first time and by Nov 2015 we started dating. from that time on we talked every single day using Whatsapp calls and texting, and also Skype. She flew back to Kampala in Nov 2016, we got engaged and she stayed for 2 weeks. She returned to the US, filed the petition on 1st Dec 2016. Thats our story in brief

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Timeline
4 hours ago, KF & OS said:

I met my fiance at Church in Kampala in 2012 and we became friends. She was around for six weeks. After she returned to the US we remained in contact via fb messenger as friends talking here and there. But in October 2015 we decided to Skype the first time and by Nov 2015 we started dating. from that time on we talked every single day using Whatsapp calls and texting, and also Skype. She flew back to Kampala in Nov 2016, we got engaged and she stayed for 2 weeks. She returned to the US, filed the petition on 1st Dec 2016. Thats our story in brief

Awesome. Thanks so much for sharing. I think it helped that you had known each other since 2012.

Congratulations once more!

Timeline

Hey guys. We are wondering what kind of birth certificate you submitted. Is the short version from the subcounty acceptable? We just found out today that there is a "long version" you can get from Kampala at the National Registry of Births and Deaths or something like that. Is that the one required?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, goobies said:

Hey guys. We are wondering what kind of birth certificate you submitted. Is the short version from the subcounty acceptable? We just found out today that there is a "long version" you can get from Kampala at the National Registry of Births and Deaths or something like that. Is that the one required?

You're going to want the long one. Or at least that's the one my fiance used. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, goobies said:

They want the long one which u can only get from NIRA in Kololo. Go with the short Birth Cert when processing the long one

Timeline
Just now, KF & OS said:

They want the long one which u can only get from NIRA in Kololo. Go with the short Birth Cert when processing the long one

Oh yeah, I forgot to add to take the short one with you to get the long one. :) 

Timeline
On 6/17/2017 at 8:33 AM, goobies said:

Thank you both so much for youe timely responses. What is the cost to get the NIRA certificate,  how many days does it take, and what other requirements are needed?

If he is Ugandan, it will cost him only 5000 shillings. He needs to take a photocopy of his national ID and a photocopy of both his parents' national IDs ( if he has one parent alive, that is enough, if no parent is alive, then take for the next of kin who is either an uncle or auntie). He will be given a form to fill in, attach the photocopies of national IDs, attach the short birth certificate and then pay. It takes just one week to get the Birth certificate

Timeline
5 hours ago, KF & OS said:

If he is Ugandan, it will cost him only 5000 shillings. He needs to take a photocopy of his national ID and a photocopy of both his parents' national IDs ( if he has one parent alive, that is enough, if no parent is alive, then take for the next of kin who is either an uncle or auntie). He will be given a form to fill in, attach the photocopies of national IDs, attach the short birth certificate and then pay. It takes just one week to get the Birth certificate

Thanks so very much for the advice. We found out we can get it here in Mbale NIRA office.

We appreciate the info as we didnt know the requirements. 

Have a blessed Sabbath day.

Timeline

Hello All,

My Fiancee and I are trying to schedule an interview in Nairobi and are confused about the payment of the fees.

The instructions we received through email say we must 1st pay the MRV Fee to book an interview.

Calling the embassy number we are told that we must 1st book an interview and then we pay the MRV fee.

Can someone let me know  which is first.

Thanks,

Timeline
10 minutes ago, PL&SN said:

Hello All,

My Fiancee and I are trying to schedule an interview in Nairobi and are confused about the payment of the fees.

The instructions we received through email say we must 1st pay the MRV Fee to book an interview.

Calling the embassy number we are told that we must 1st book an interview and then we pay the MRV fee.

Can someone let me know  which is first.

Thanks,

You have to pay the fee first. Then you'll get some kind of receipt/confirmation number which you'll use to schedule the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.