Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Lelah22 said:

You have to pay the fee first. Then you'll get some kind of receipt/confirmation number which you'll use to schedule the interview. 

We understand we need to pay wither using Post Bank or M-Pesa but how do we do that?  is there a form we should have gotten? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
49 minutes ago, PL&SN said:

We understand we need to pay wither using Post Bank or M-Pesa but how do we do that?  is there a form we should have gotten? 

It's been 5 years but we did M-Pesa and you had to get a deposit slip online that you then use to make the payment. Looks like the site we used is down, maybe it's done here now? https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ke/niv

K-1

August 2007 - Met online

March 2011 - Met in Italy

June-July 2011 - Met in Mauritius

September 1, 2011 - Mailed 129F

September 6, 2011 - NOA 1

January 25, 2012 - NOA 2 (141 days)

February 6, 2012 - Received letter from NVC

February 17, 2012 - Confirmation that case received by embassy

March 5-6, 2012 - Medical

March 8, 2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

March 16, 2012 - Visa in hand

April 22, 2012 - POE

May 13, 2012 - Married!

June 19, 2012 - Mailed AOS packet

June 21, 2012 - AOS, EAD NOA

July 6, 2012 - RFE :(

Sept 5, 2012 - RFE response returned

Sept 7, 2012 - RFE response received by USCIS

December 13, 2012 - AOS Interview, rescheduled

January 24, 2012 - AOS Interview II - APPROVED!

February 1, 2013 - Green card received

November 6, 2014 - Mailed ROC packet

November 10, 2014 - NOA

August 20, 2015 - Green card received

February 9, 2016 - Mailed N400 packet

May 3, 2016 - Naturalization Interview - APPROVED!

June 6, 2016 - Oath ceremony

Timeline
34 minutes ago, mehellie said:

It's been 5 years but we did M-Pesa and you had to get a deposit slip online that you then use to make the payment. Looks like the site we used is down, maybe it's done here now? https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ke/niv

The Nairobi embassy now requires K1 to register through  https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ke/iv. The attached screenshot shows were we get stuck. There are no links to ways to pay. Clicking the Fee Information link takes you to the  https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ke/niv where it explains the type of payment but doesn't give you a deposit slip.

Anyone done this recently that can explain this?

MRV Fee Screen.doc

Edited by PL&SN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, PL&SN said:

The Nairobi embassy now requires K1 to register through  https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ke/iv. The attached screenshot shows were we get stuck. There are no links to ways to pay. Clicking the Fee Information link takes you to the  https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ke/niv where it explains the type of payment but doesn't give you a deposit slip.

Anyone done this recently that can explain this?

MRV Fee Screen.doc

Note that Post in Nairobi indicates the K1 is in the Immigrant Section not a NIV section. However, the K1 is a NIV with Immigrant Visa.....so yesyou have to register at the site above, but after payment through MPesa, you have to schedule an appointment for Immigrant Visa not NIV...confusing

Timeline
7 minutes ago, NYCruiser said:

Note that Post in Nairobi indicates the K1 is in the Immigrant Section not a NIV section. However, the K1 is a NIV with Immigrant Visa.....so yesyou have to register at the site above, but after payment through MPesa, you have to schedule an appointment for Immigrant Visa not NIV...confusing

We registered through the IV website since it is the only one that allows has a K1 radio button and allows you to enter the DS 160 information. After registering on the IV website my finaccee's name does appear on the NIV website but there are no options associated.

How do we get the forms to pay for the Fees?

Timeline
15 hours ago, PL&SN said:

We registered through the IV website since it is the only one that allows has a K1 radio button and allows you to enter the DS 160 information. After registering on the IV website my finaccee's name does appear on the NIV website but there are no options associated.

How do we get the forms to pay for the Fees?

Hey PL&SN, I went down this same journey a few months ago and at the beginning of this month, I got my k1 visa issued. Having said that, I think I can give u the most recent information u need. You are stuck on that part of the website because there are no available interview dates right now. You will have to keep checking everyday until there is an opening, then u will be able to generate a payment slip. Since u are in Uganda, u are going to have to pay using M-Pesa, so when you go to generate the payment slip, choose to pay with cash, print the slip out, then look for the nearest M-pesa u can find. There is an M-pesa at the bus booking building next to National Theater ( I would use that one coz i think they are more trustworthy). After paying, the system will tell you to wait at least two business days for ur payment to be registered, dont heed, check the following day around the same time coz 24 hours are usually enough. After ur payment has been registered in their system, the appointment booking calendar will open up to u and from that day on, u will be able to book an interview date if there is any available, and u can also reschedule.

Hope that helps. 

Wishing u all the best. Stay blessed

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

• 6 months later...
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tesh said:

How much did you pay for the medicals in Nairobi? IOM?

In August 2017 we paid in Kenya Shillings the equivalent of $293 USD. We could have paid in dollars by requesting USD payment slip, but it was easier pay in Kenya Shillings. The amount of the medical fees will vary depending on which immunizations are needed.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
14 hours ago, Tesh said:

How much did you pay for the medicals in Nairobi? IOM?

I paid Ksh17,000 but i also took some immunizations elsewhere as they were cheaper than IOM

Filed I-130 : 11 Mar 2016

I-130 Priority date : 15 Mar 2016

Approved: 03 Jun 2016

Case Complete: 24 Aug 2016

Interview date assigned: 29 Sep 2016

Interview: Nov 2016

https://guriixusjourney.wordpress.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
13 hours ago, Guriix said:

I paid Ksh17,000 but i also took some immunizations elsewhere as they were cheaper than IOM

I would be careful with that. Was this from the Ministry of Health? My husband, then fiance, was offered all kinds of shots...Yellow Fever, Flu, etc etc...I told him to say no. Just the ones USPHS required. They try to also sell you a whole lot of stuff which I would not tax your immune system with.

Regards

David

Timeline
1 hour ago, NYCruiser said:

I would be careful with that. Was this from the Ministry of Health? My husband, then fiance, was offered all kinds of shots...Yellow Fever, Flu, etc etc...I told him to say no. Just the ones USPHS required. They try to also sell you a whole lot of stuff which I would not tax your immune system with.

Regards

David

You need to research which ones are required for US Immigration only. Any government hospital or city council clinic should do. At IOM immunizations only are in excess of $270. You can save most of that if you get them elsewhere. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Guriix said:

Starting sooner rather than later is better too as some vaccinations cannot be administered together and need a set time between the shots.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone. I’ve been on visa journey for quite some time but just found this post for nrb. We are still in the nVC process waiting for a case number. I was wondering if I could get assistance with regards to vaccinations we will be needing. It seems very costly getting them done at the medical exam. I have lost my childhood vaccination card which means I obviously will have to get some shots again. Which ones should I get done. Also I understand if you get the flu shot you have to wait 4 weeks before getting the mmr shot. Is that true. I have already got the flu shot, and completed my hep b shots. Will be scheduling mmr and dpt booster. Are those sufficient? Thank you! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Nabz said:

Hi everyone. I’ve been on visa journey for quite some time but just found this post for nrb. We are still in the nVC process waiting for a case number. I was wondering if I could get assistance with regards to vaccinations we will be needing. It seems very costly getting them done at the medical exam. I have lost my childhood vaccination card which means I obviously will have to get some shots again. Which ones should I get done. Also I understand if you get the flu shot you have to wait 4 weeks before getting the mmr shot. Is that true. I have already got the flu shot, and completed my hep b shots. Will be scheduling mmr and dpt booster. Are those sufficient? Thank you! 

If you are above 18 years the shots you need are MMR, Tdap, Influenza, and Varicella. I advise u to take the Influenza shot at ur medical examination coz they are know to make people who have taken the shot from elsewhere repeat it, they did it to me. If u have ever had Chicken pox u wont need to take the Varicella shot, just let the person registering u for the vaccinations know when they ask. For the reminder of the vaccines (MMR, Tdap) u should take them somewhere cheap and just come with vaccination card proving u did, preferably a yellow fever card or some official govt vaccination card. May the Lord be with you

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Timeline
3 hours ago, KF & OS said:

If you are above 18 years the shots you need are MMR, Tdap, Influenza, and Varicella. I advise u to take the Influenza shot at ur medical examination coz they are know to make people who have taken the shot from elsewhere repeat it, they did it to me. If u have ever had Chicken pox u wont need to take the Varicella shot, just let the person registering u for the vaccinations know when they ask. For the reminder of the vaccines (MMR, Tdap) u should take them somewhere cheap and just come with vaccination card proving u did, preferably a yellow fever card or some official govt vaccination card. May the Lord be with you

Thank you for the response! 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.