Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hey everybody it's been so long that I have checked in. Well I can say it was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooough adjustment for my hubby. I think I may have had one of the worse cases but through prayer and much more prayer we have made it this far. We are coming up for our 10 yr. I want to encourage someone that with God all things are possible when we counsel with him about this marriage relationship. I know many are and have been scammed, my heart goes out to you all. I felt that once! Today we still have rough patches because we are from different everything but I can say that God is the elastic in the middle. If there is someway I can assist anyone, even if it's to bring comfort or advise on our testimony please feel free to let me know a PM is ok. I will try to continue updating everyone as the years go by.

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Noa2, what next

Congratulations on your NOA2! The pace seems to have picked up given your approval notice came only after 63 days. After NOA2, your file is sent to NVC for further processing before it's sent to your local consulate. From the advise I got on the forum, you can call NVC any time from 2 weeks after receipt of NOA2 to check whether they have assigned a case number, which you can then use to track your file from NVC to the local consulate. Once your file gets to the local consulate, the consulate will send either you or the petitioner an email on how to proceed....this is usually the packet 3 and can actually be accessed online http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/visa-packets.html. Hope this is helpful. I'm in the process of gathering documentation and preparing for medicals. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Greetings,

Thank you so much for sharing your story. My fiancé has his k-1 visa interview scheduled this October. I am confident with my faith in God that all will go well and he will receive his visa. I am from Atlanta, Georgia and he will be joining me here. As I know he is the one making the sacrifice to leave his home and loved ones to move to another country, I want to be as prepared as possible to make his transition as smooth as possible. Can you please share with me how your partner adjusted and any knowledge you have gained from going through this experience?

Timeline

We are both in.Uganda, I am helping him collect everything he will need for the interview. I decided to return and do everything with him until all is set then we go. It will be two.weeks this Tuesday since noa2, so I will call nvc to check if the case number is ready.

As much as I know, after.getting case number, it's us to determine the pace at which the process moves, aside from nvc sending documents to embassy.

Ugandan filers, I wish u the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

We are both in.Uganda, I am helping him collect everything he will need for the interview. I decided to return and do everything with him until all is set then we go. It will be two.weeks this Tuesday since noa2, so I will call nvc to check if the case number is ready.

As much as I know, after.getting case number, it's us to determine the pace at which the process moves, aside from nvc sending documents to embassy.

Ugandan filers, I wish u the best.

Good luck to you!

Timeline

This is strange but true... the pace at which things have moved is faster than wee predicted that we feel it's too fast..kinda...hehehe. got so much to do in so little time

Timeline

Greetings everyone!

Thank you to everyone who is sending in updates. I am still looking for an interview experience review at the Nairobi embassy from someone who has recently been. If you are such a person, please share. My fiance and I are still patiently waiting for his October 11 interview. I finally finished the blog that documents our K-1 visa process. Check it out if you want to know how its been for us thus far. You can go to fiancevisauganda.wordpress.com and see all of the updates. I am hoping to update it with a successful interview story next month!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi all, it's good to read about others going through similar experiences. My husband (Ugandan) and I are waiting for an interview date. We got our Case Complete with NVC on August 1st. Is anybody else here waiting for an interview? Has anyone heard anything about the timeline? I've read other places that on average your interview is scheduled within 60 days of your case complete. It seems for Nairobi it may be a bit longer. Does anyone have any recent information on this?

Timeline

Greetings! My fiancé (Ugandan) is also waiting for his interview. Our wait time for appointment was approximately 120 days for the Nairobi embassy with about 32 days remaining.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Greetings! My fiancé (Ugandan) is also waiting for his interview. Our wait time for appointment was approximately 120 days for the Nairobi embassy with about 32 days remaining.

The wait is most certainly longer but I guess it also varies based on the visa category. For instance, non-immigrant visa are scheduled much faster than Immigrant visas for obvious reasons. The fact that the Kenya Embassy also processes visas for several neighboring countries(Uganda, Eritria, Burundi, etc) could be the reason why it's taking much longer than usual to get an interview date....just my two cents on this

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.