Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello, am traveling to Nairobi for my medicals which is next week, I will stay there till the following week when I do my interview

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
6 hours ago, SP&SP said:

Hello everyone,

checking in Nairobi thread  and waiting for interview!

55 minutes ago, KF & OS said:

Hello, am traveling to Nairobi for my medicals which is next week, I will stay there till the following week when I do my interview

Good luck to you all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 hours ago, KF & OS said:

Good luck to you,have not yet schedule for medical but soon,which type of visa are you?

please give the experience of IOM when done the do's and dont's😜

Timeline
42 minutes ago, SP&SP said:

Good luck to you,have not yet schedule for medical but soon,which type of visa are you?

please give the experience of IOM when done the do's and dont's😜

I am doing K1. I will be sure to give the experience

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Timeline
On 5/26/2017 at 1:52 PM, KF & OS said:

I am doing K1. I will be sure to give the experience

on k1 visa,after nvc,

you dont get assigned for interview at the embassy by nvc?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello everyone,

We are from Uganda but interviewing in Nairobi.

My husband's immunization records got lost during the insurgency of the 90's. What should we do? What have all of you presented as proof of immunizations? We don't know if they will accept him showing the scars and then getting a letter from the hospital, or if we need to just get him re-immunized. Please give us your advice.

Also, how long did it take you all to get through NVC? Is it really around 11 weeks after they get your documents?

Thanks,

Goobie2

Timeline
2 hours ago, goobies said:

Hello everyone,

My husband's immunization records got lost during the insurgency of the 90's. What should we do? What have all of you presented as proof of immunizations? We don't know if they will accept him showing the scars and then getting a letter from the hospital, or if we need to just get him re-immunized. Please give us your advice.

Also, how long did it take you all to get through NVC? Is it really around 11 weeks after they get your documents?

Thanks,

Goobie2

He has to get immunized in nrb.. I got mine there even though I had already been immunized as a child.  Its different.

Mother & Daughter
Mom's CC: May 19 2015
Kid's CC: July 10th 2015(after checklist)
Interview Scheduled: August 27th 2015
Medical Date: Sept 11th 2015(Passed!!!)
Registered our appointment online: Sept 16th 2015
Interview Date: Sept 29th 2015 Approved!!
Visa in Hand: October 1st 2015
POE: 11th October 2015 - Philadelphia

Timeline
3 hours ago, CeeMu said:

He has to get immunized in nrb.. I got mine there even though I had already been immunized as a child.  Its different.

You mean Nairobi at the IOM on the dates of the medical?

Timeline

My fiance had most of his immunizations as a child, but they weren't documented because his mother gave them to him at home. He went to a clinic and told them which ones he had and when they were and they transferred them to an immunization card that he took with him to IOM for his medical. At his medical, he only had to get three immunizations.

Timeline

I have a question on Kenya police certificate clearance,

I understand a Kenyan ppc expires after one year but if an interview comes in two month before it expires does it mean I have to get a new ppc or that's fine because it's still valid?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
8 hours ago, goobies said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Goobie2

He can get them all at any city council clinic where they are cheap or free.. it saves you from paying the full $300 medical fee if you already have them done. That's what I did. 

I can't remember how long it took to get thru NVC but it was long,  and even after they are done you have to wait for an interview to open up in Nairobi. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 1/6/2560 at 8:22 PM, Lelah22 said:

My fiance had most of his immunizations as a child, but they weren't documented because his mother gave them to him at home. He went to a clinic and told them which ones he had and when they were and they transferred them to an immunization card that he took with him to IOM for his medical. At his medical, he only had to get three immunizations.

Lelah, is it possible for you to post a pic of that immunization card? You can black out any sensitive info. We are just wanting to make sure we get the right thing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.