manishnyati

Emails for Evidence,

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife lives in a village of India and the internet is extremely slow so we never use the method of communicating online. However, we do try to talk 2 times a day everyday. Do I need to worry about the emails as evidence? I have proof that I went to see my wife again during the summer and we went to Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand for her birthday.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Those proofs you have are much more stronger than emails, so don't worry about emails or chat logs. Every couple has their own way of communicating, so emails aren't really necessary.

Edited by trinket

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
My wife lives in a village of India and the internet is extremely slow so we never use the method of communicating online. However, we do try to talk 2 times a day everyday. Do I need to worry about the emails as evidence? I have proof that I went to see my wife again during the summer and we went to Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand for her birthday.

I spent hours organizing proof of my trips to visit my wife and all of the time we spend communicating. I had copies of telephone bills, hotel invoices, airline boarding passes, chat sessions, you name it. I am convinced from reading posts on this site that much of the proof required depends upon the country the interview is held at. My wife's interview was at the American Embassy in Belgrade, Serbia. I flew to Serbia from the US to be with her during her interview. The only piece of evidence the American Consular asked to look at was a photo albumn we put together of all our time together. My wife did receive her visa. My recommendation is have all of the evidence you can assemble. A photo albumn in cronological order with family, friends, children, spouse, whatever you can put into the albumn. Keep in mind a picture is worth a thousand words. Good luck to you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You definitely want more evidence of communication than the proof that you went to meet her (which is, of course, important too). Make sure that you are using a method of phone communication which provides you with records of your calls. For most of my relationship both me and my fiance had Indian Vodafone pre-pay phones and thus were not able to get any records of our calls, so if you're using something like that switch as soon as possible...but if you have consistent phone records e-mails shouldn't be important.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You definitely want more evidence of communication than the proof that you went to meet her (which is, of course, important too). Make sure that you are using a method of phone communication which provides you with records of your calls. For most of my relationship both me and my fiance had Indian Vodafone pre-pay phones and thus were not able to get any records of our calls, so if you're using something like that switch as soon as possible...but if you have consistent phone records e-mails shouldn't be important.

Yes, I have all that and it is printed off. I used Startec Communications so I was able to print my bills. She also, has used vodafone cards and also proof when she called from the call station.

Actual visits carry much more weight than emails. Plus you must also have substantial phone records?

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Take as much evidence as possible. It's not a problem if you guys don't have emails since you are planning to show call logs and other pictures of you together. Also, not everyone in India has internet access nor everyone lives in metro area, so I wouldn't worry about emails too much. I also have very few emails (about 10-12, since we write to each other once a month). But I have call logs for each month. We don't chat because at my work all chat programs and personal emails are blocked. So we have only call logs and some pictures. Nothing else. Hope it's enough :)

CS

USCIS

2008-03-01: I-130 Sent

2008-03-10: I-130 NOA1

2008-08-11: NOA2 I-130 - APPROVED

NVC

2008-08-14: Package forwarded to NVC

2008-08-25: DS3032 Generated and AOS Bill Generated

2008-08-26: IIN Obtained

2008-08-26: COA Emailed

2008-08-27: Paid AOS Bill (online)

2008-08-29: AOS Bill status "PAID" on NVC website

2008-08-29: AOS Bill and DS3032 hardcopy arrived in mail

2008-09-13: Paid IV Bill (online)

2008-09-05: COA Accepted by NVC

2008-09-05: Mailed I-864

2008-09-17: IV Bill status "PAID" on NVC website

2008-09-23 : Mailed DS-230

2008-10-01 : Case Complete

2008-11-01 : Medical Exam

2008-11-06 : VFS Office visit

2008-11-20 : Interview ...APPROVED

2008-11-22: Visa in Hand

2008-12-12 : POE in Chicago

2009-01-03 : Received Welcome Letter

2009-01-30 : Received Social Security #

2009-01-12: Received Another Welcome Letter w/ GC

2009-01-12 : Received Green Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
Take as much evidence as possible. It's not a problem if you guys don't have emails since you are planning to show call logs and other pictures of you together. Also, not everyone in India has internet access nor everyone lives in metro area, so I wouldn't worry about emails too much. I also have very few emails (about 10-12, since we write to each other once a month). But I have call logs for each month. We don't chat because at my work all chat programs and personal emails are blocked. So we have only call logs and some pictures. Nothing else. Hope it's enough :)

CS

Well, take other proof as many as you have, if you dont have communication with email or chat then you can explain hoenstly.

All depends on the consular , just be prepared than delayed.

My consular didnt ask any proof relationship not even pictures.

So Good Luck.

Case complate : August 27th 2008 , Interview date will on Oct 29th 2008

Package forwarded to Local embassy : Sept 11th 2008

Package received : Sept 15th 2008

Receive interview mail : Sept 30, 2008

Medical check : Oct 1st 2008 passed

Vaccination : Oct 1st 2008 , OK got 2 shots

New Interview date : Oct 21st 2008 VISA APPROVED AND ISSUED

POE at Phoenix : NOV 28th smooth

Receive Welcome letter and SSN : Dec 17th 2008

Green card received : Dec 22th 2008

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

The best thing to always do is have as much proof as possible.

I married my love on 12/24/07

I filed for the I 130 on 1/23/08

Receipt number recevied 2/13/08

Paperwork sent to Guangzhou on 1/23/09

Interview 5/21/09 PASSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa 5/23/09

POE 6/2/09

Home 6/3/09

FILED I-751

SENT PAPERWORK 3/8/11

NOA-1 3/10/11

BIOMETERICS 4/29/11

WAITING APPROVAL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.