18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i have one simple question ...........

if file for CR1 obviously it is conditional resident , but during visa process if you are not able to get your visa before your 2 years of marriage , do they change application status from CR1 to IR1 or you need to tell them

its almost 5 years of my marriage and my application was under cr1 so after my ap , the visa will be CR1 or IR1 ,, as far as i think the application status gets changed by itself or you need to remind to them , and if suppose u even get CR1 visa and u go to usa , you get your 2 years green card , by law i think you are eligble to file application to get long term green card .. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

thanks in advance

chaingang

Yea, I asked this question as well and emt straightened me out on this. If they make a mistake I know from another VJ member, that they will correct it here free of charge because it is their error. The last time they had my husband's file, it showed CR-1 too and I don't know if they will or will not adjust the visa type.

Is it a problem at POE if they see you are married for 2+ years and you are holding a CR-1 visa? Or is fixing it here (which is time-consuming) ok?

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea, I asked this question as well and emt straightened me out on this. If they make a mistake I know from another VJ member, that they will correct it here free of charge because it is their error. The last time they had my husband's file, it showed CR-1 too and I don't know if they will or will not adjust the visa type.

Is it a problem at POE if they see you are married for 2+ years and you are holding a CR-1 visa? Or is fixing it here (which is time-consuming) ok?

If they even notice at the border, it will not cause a problem. . .they would probably instruct you to contact USCIS to correct the problem. . .one person I read about from I2US had this happen and the Border Agents told her there was nothing they could do about it at the border, USCIS had to fix it. It was done free of charge for her too.

BTW up until the visa was issued all of our paperwork had CR-1 on it too, even though our visa didn't come until months after the date had passed. It was changed at the last moment.

If they even notice at the border, it will not cause a problem. . .they would probably instruct you to contact USCIS to correct the problem. . .one person I read about from I2US had this happen and the Border Agents told her there was nothing they could do about it at the border, USCIS had to fix it. It was done free of charge for her too.

BTW up until the visa was issued all of our paperwork had CR-1 on it too, even though our visa didn't come until months after the date had passed. It was changed at the last moment.

Thank you so much. It is a relief to hear that.

thank you everyone for replying this question was bugging me alot , yes indeed it is embassy problem not ours , so if they do something wrong they need to fix it free of charge and i am sure the visas we will be getting will have no problem at all , when they review cases they do check dates like they check date on my passport stating it is expired so hopefully they do check marriage licenses to see , does he /she come under cr1 and IR1 ,

Tammy on my file it also states CR1 , but i hope it is changed for you and for me both to IR1 with out any problems

by the way one another question at the POE if the immigration officers find out the error about CR1 and IR1 , u will tell them its embassy problem , do they create any sort of problem at POE or they will just direct you to USCIS to fix your problem , and you need to contact USCIS before you get your green card or after you recieve your green card , does any one know whats the difference in CR1 AND IR1 visa , any difference in stickers , stamping or dates

thanks in advance

Allah bless us all

Amin

thank you everyone for replying this question was bugging me alot , yes indeed it is embassy problem not ours , so if they do something wrong they need to fix it free of charge and i am sure the visas we will be getting will have no problem at all , when they review cases they do check dates like they check date on my passport stating it is expired so hopefully they do check marriage licenses to see , does he /she come under cr1 and IR1 ,

Tammy on my file it also states CR1 , but i hope it is changed for you and for me both to IR1 with out any problems

by the way one another question at the POE if the immigration officers find out the error about CR1 and IR1 , u will tell them its embassy problem , do they create any sort of problem at POE or they will just direct you to USCIS to fix your problem , and you need to contact USCIS before you get your green card or after you recieve your green card , does any one know whats the difference in CR1 AND IR1 visa , any difference in stickers , stamping or dates

thanks in advance

Allah bless us all

Amin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Its better you confirm the visa status with the Embassy before it gets to the POE. That's what I did; I didn't want to have any problems. NVC had changed the status per my requested and failed to send this paperwork with the file to the Embassy. The only way I saw it was when my husband send me a copy of his 221(g) and it still said CR1. I wrote the Embassy asking them to update and they told me that in their records it says CR1 and I explain to them that NVC had done the update. They asked me to send them documentation via email, I scanned in the update letter and appointment letter for my husband from NVC for them to see. Then they send me a confirmation email stating that they had updated their records now to IR1 instead of CR1. If I would have not follow-up I don't think they would have caught that or changed it on their own. That's why you can't leave anything to NVC or the Embassy....

Good Luck :whistle:

Nita

thanks in advance

Allah bless us all

Amin

thanks in advance

Allah bless us all

Amin

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you get a mistaken visa that says CR-1 take it and RUN! It can be fixed later and you don't need any other complications with the embassy. . .if it gets fixed before it's stamped, great, if not, still jump for joy.

If you get a mistaken visa that says CR-1 take it and RUN! It can be fixed later and you don't need any other complications with the embassy. . .if it gets fixed before it's stamped, great, if not, still jump for joy.

I agree I am keeping my mouth SHUT after this grueling 13 months of AP. If it is still CR-1, which it shouldn't be, I will talk to USCIS. I already e-mailed the embassy asking about the CR-1 IR-1 change and they never replied. My husband believes if they care they will change it, otherwise they won't. I just want this to be over with a valid visa I don't have the strength to go through more processing.

Thanks emt

I agree I am keeping my mouth SHUT after this grueling 13 months of AP. If it is still CR-1, which it shouldn't be, I will talk to USCIS. I already e-mailed the embassy asking about the CR-1 IR-1 change and they never replied. My husband believes if they care they will change it, otherwise they won't. I just want this to be over with a valid visa I don't have the strength to go through more processing.

Thanks emt

100 percent agree with you , tammy

i dont care it is cr1 or Ir1 , i just want to have valid visa thats it , once i am out i am sure uscis wont make u suffer like embassy does in their own sweet way

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You are 100% right! :thumbs:

I-130

I-130 Sent : 2007-03-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-05-01

I-129F

I-129F Sent : 2007-06-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-07-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-01-28

NVC Received : 2008-02-07 & case number assigned

NVC Left : 2008-02-22

Consulate Received : 2008-03-07

Packet 3.5 Arrives : 2008-03-12

Packet 3.5 Sent : 2008-04-04

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband was mistakenly given the CR1 rather than the IR1. He told the consulate about it and they told him to bring it in and they would fix it, but to be honest we had no faith that we wouldn't run into another snag.

We had been told that the POE could fix it, but when my husband asked they rudely told him to go back to Morocco. So he just came.

I put off filing to correct it for a long time. I had many tragedies, and to be honest I didn't think I could handle another fight. I finally sent it in about May of 08. I included a cover letter explaining our experience and why the delay, the Visa, proof of our marriage date, and proof of the date he arrived. They didn't charge us, and he had the 10 year green card in July.

So it works out in the end.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Chaningang,

As you already know my husband's CR-1 was changed by the embassy without us having to say anything extra about it, and they also told him to take a look at the visa after he got it, for any mistakes and they would do a reprint. The reprint should be done on the same day so its not like u have to leave and risk a whole month - in that case I would tell you to just run with the visa!- but overall if they give u a chance to correct it, do it there and if not, then there will definately not be a charge (only time lost) for the correction of a CR-1 to an IR-1.

God bless,

Tam

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

An applicant does not file for a CR-1 or an IR-1 visa... an applicant files for an immigrant visa only. The consulate will (or is suppose to) determine which "class," if you will, the intended immigrant falls into. Even if an applicant is issued a CR-1 visa that has a validity period of 6 mos. and happens to delay entry and during that delay, happens to celebrate the 2 yr anniversary of the marriage, the greencard will (or should) arrive with a 10 year expiration.

The determining point for the conditions on the greencard (if any) is the date of entry into the USA not the "class" the visa was issued.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.