Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
except i dont know how to tell them that i dont like turkey haha! is this a problem???

YOU SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE FOR SAYING THAT!!!... but on the positive side it's very likely there will be a wide variety of foods not made of turkey and possibly even an alternate meat of some kind, just say no thanks to anything you don't want to eat, you are unlikely to starve on thanksgiving. You'll probably get a strange look from most people for not liking turkey but there was bound to be at least one person in the world who wouldn't like it. The alternate is to ask for just a small piece instead of turning it down... then the shame of disliking turkey can remain a secret, and, you can try a little, you might find that the turkey you had in the past just wasn't prepared the same way and may like it (that seems unlikely but if all you've ever eaten was processed "turkey" which is so salted it might as well be ham... it's not the same).

Just go with the pumpkin fluff.. WAY better than the turkey ....

im scared to ask what the pumkin fluff is??? lol! dont get to further without being warned I AM GULLABLE ! haha! :blush:

Pumpkin and marshmallow.... THE best!

except i dont know how to tell them that i dont like turkey haha! is this a problem???

YOU SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE FOR SAYING THAT!!!... but on the positive side it's very likely there will be a wide variety of foods not made of turkey and possibly even an alternate meat of some kind, just say no thanks to anything you don't want to eat, you are unlikely to starve on thanksgiving. You'll probably get a strange look from most people for not liking turkey but there was bound to be at least one person in the world who wouldn't like it. The alternate is to ask for just a small piece instead of turning it down... then the shame of disliking turkey can remain a secret, and, you can try a little, you might find that the turkey you had in the past just wasn't prepared the same way and may like it (that seems unlikely but if all you've ever eaten was processed "turkey" which is so salted it might as well be ham... it's not the same).

im scared to ask what the pumkin fluff is??? lol! dont get to further without being warned I AM GULLABLE ! haha! :blush:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pumpkin and marshmellows... that sounds a little off to me. There is pumpkin pie usually topped with whip cream... or there is sweet potatoes which are often cooked with brown sugar and/or marshmellows... of course both being orangish brown they end up looking similar... but heck, maybe you just have a different recipe!

Turkey and chicken have definitely got their own flavors... but yeah... if someone asks what turkey taste like... chicken or crocodile might be the best answers... I've haven't had crocodile... yet...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

:unsure: ure joking right?? pumkin and marshmellows?? ewwwwwww haha! this is getting a little weird haha! :wacko:

We've been so quiet... I miss you guys :blush:

"Absence is to love as wind is to fire; It extinguishes the small and kindles the great." Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

---

Our Timeline:

02/18/07: Met onboard the Disney Wonder

03/01/07: Started dating

05/31/07: Said our first goodbye

01/20/08: Met again in Miami

02/17/08: My first trip to Brazil!

02/20/08: Engaged!!!!!

02/23/08: Left Brazil :(

03/23/08: Met our lawyer

04/28/08: Mailed packet

05/02/08: NOA-1

08/19/08: Back to Brazil!

08/31/08: Left Brazil :(

09/05/08: Touch!

10/14/08: Contacted my Senator

10/17/08: Flew to NYC to spend a day with my noivo!

11/12/08: Touch

11/12/08: NOA-2

11/19/08: NVC Received Case

11/21/08: Case on it's way to Brazil

11/24/08: Case arrived in Rio

12/05/08: Packet 4 Left Rio (Never Received)

12/16/08: Affidavit Received in Brazil

12/19/08: Medical Done.

01/06/09: Interview! APPROVED!

01/12/09: Visa Received!

01/26/09: US Entry(JFK)-EAD Stamp Received

AOS-Adjustment of Status

04/14/09: AOS Sent to Chicago

04/17/09: Wedding

04/21/09: NOA-1 (EAD,I-131,I-485)

05/07/09: Case Transfered to California Service Center

05/14/09: Biometrics Appointment-DONE!

05/14/09: Case now Pending at California Service Cente

05/15/09: Touch-EAD

05/26/09: EAD Approved - Card Production Ordered

05/26/09: I-131 Travel Document Approved

05/29/09: I-131 Travel Document Received

06/02/09: EAD Approval notice sent

06/03/09: EAD Card Received!

07/17/09: AOS Approved-Card Production ordered and Welcome Letter Sent.

07/23/09: Green Card received in mail.

Timeline

Hey jess! Im still here! :unsure: lol still depressed! AS my Co sponser saiD NOOOOOOOOOO! SO i cant even b happy about getting the NOA2 if it finally comes :crying: tried every other option..we are basically stuck! cried all week! we are going to ask his aunty again whom said no the first time. OTher than that we are basically screwed!

On a fun note lol if there is to be any! I am leaving NEXT SUN to see Shunn! yeah! We will spend a week at his before we venture off to Miami/florida... I am booking a cruise to the baHAMas to get away.,never been on an american cruise ship before so lil excited! CAN ANY ONE TELL ME IF A US CITIZEN NEEDS A PASSPORT TO TRAVEL FROM MIAMI TO BAHAMAS ON A CRUISE ITS ONLY DAY TRIP AT BAHAMAS... I GOT MIXED REPORTS MOST PEOPLE SAY YOU ONLY NEED A US BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND DRIVERS ID? IS THIS ENUF???? :unsure:

Any word jess? Dont worry im here with ya! hugs! oxoxxo miSs ya

Depressed EMMMMM :blink:

Hey jess! Im still here! :unsure: lol still depressed! AS my Co sponser saiD NOOOOOOOOOO! SO i cant even b happy about getting the NOA2 if it finally comes :crying: tried every other option..we are basically stuck! cried all week! we are going to ask his aunty again whom said no the first time. OTher than that we are basically screwed!

On a fun note lol if there is to be any! I am leaving NEXT SUN to see Shunn! yeah! We will spend a week at his before we venture off to Miami/florida... I am booking a cruise to the baHAMas to get away.,never been on an american cruise ship before so lil excited! CAN ANY ONE TELL ME IF A US CITIZEN NEEDS A PASSPORT TO TRAVEL FROM MIAMI TO BAHAMAS ON A CRUISE ITS ONLY DAY TRIP AT BAHAMAS... I GOT MIXED REPORTS MOST PEOPLE SAY YOU ONLY NEED A US BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND DRIVERS ID? IS THIS ENUF???? :unsure:

Hey Emm!!

As a former cruise ship employee... I think he should bring it just in case. Check with the ship that you're cruising on (which I think should be the Norwegian Jewel.... and then you can meet my Xuxu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to be sure. I know that our US citizens didn't HAVE to have one, but I think things have changed recently. Okay, have to run to work... good luck with the sponsor! Boa sorte!!

Depressed Jess

"Absence is to love as wind is to fire; It extinguishes the small and kindles the great." Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

---

Our Timeline:

AOS-Adjustment of Status

Timeline

Hey Emm!!

As a former cruise ship employee... I think he should bring it just in case. Check with the ship that you're cruising on (which I think should be the Norwegian Jewel.... and then you can meet my Xuxu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to be sure. I know that our US citizens didn't HAVE to have one, but I think things have changed recently. Okay, have to run to work... good luck with the sponsor! Boa sorte!!

Depressed Jess

hey gorgeous...and depressed jess haha! how are u................shittt he doesnt have passport... i guess i should cehck with the company but one of my friends from Ny went on one a few weeeks back and said he only had to show birth certf and drivers id. but theres mixed reports on it all....

owww wow he works on the ship! if i was you id be cruising all the time just to be with him lol!! wana come on a 4day cruise? lol

will prob find out about the sponser when i get there..............thanks jess not holding my breath but trying to stay postive!

xoxoo emmm

Hello ###### up people, including me..hehe

Here is Jessica´s Fiancee...

Just writing to let you you all know that WE GOT A TOUCH TODAY,...hopefully we´ll hear something soon but we are not puting our hopes on it too much.hehe

>Ok..that´s it for now..Jessica does all the writing later cause I´m lazy..hehe

Bye and good luck to All of us

---

Our Timeline:

AOS-Adjustment of Status

Timeline

Just writing to let you you all know that WE GOT A TOUCH TODAY,...hopefully we´ll hear something soon but we are not puting our hopes on it too much.hehe

IT HAS TO BE IT!!!!

Fingers crossed for you and sending lots of positive energy!

I'm nervous for you both.

:whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

GOOD LUCK!!! HOPE YOU HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS SOON :)

OUR JOURNEY

MAY 30,2008-SENT I-129F TO VERMONT

JUNE 3, 2008-VSC RECEIVED PACKET

JUNE 5, 2008-NOA1

DEC 31-NOA2 RECEIVED VIA EMAIL

MARCH 10,2009-INTERVIEW....VISA APPROVED!!!

MARCH 21, 2009-FINALLY TOGETHER!!!

MAY 9, 2009-MR. & MRS.

JULY 2, 2009-AOS MAILED

JULY 9,2009-NOA (AOS,EAD,AP)

Timeline

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YOU GOT A TOUCH! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :thumbs:

XOXOXOXO HEADS UP GUYS! SO HAPPY FOR YOU OXXOO EMMM

RFE? Oh well, they will send you what exactly they need from you guys. I wouldn't worry. Sometimes it is just a missing photograph (that they might have lost) or some form filled out wrong. Give them what they need and you will be approved very soon thereafter!! At least your case is in process now. Congrats!

Timeline
RFE? Oh well, they will send you what exactly they need from you guys. I wouldn't worry. Sometimes it is just a missing photograph (that they might have lost) or some form filled out wrong. Give them what they need and you will be approved very soon thereafter!! At least your case is in process now. Congrats!

It's just a bit of a kick in the teeth.. We've waited so long to get this far, way longer than the average filing time and then they come back with this. We sent everything, photos, plane tickets, ring reciept, passport copies. We had a lawyer sort out our forms (big mistake) so I just don't know what on earth they could want.....

I'm sorry to moan, I know some people have waited way longer than us, I'm just really shocked that they could want anything else from us.... At least it looks like they've made it on to us May filers still waiting - they must've been sitting in a box somewhere all together so I'm sure the approvals will now start rolling in...

Edited by Zoe and Hal

It's just a bit of a kick in the teeth.. We've waited so long to get this far, way longer than the average filing time and then they come back with this. We sent everything, photos, plane tickets, ring reciept, passport copies. We had a lawyer sort out our forms (big mistake) so I just don't know what on earth they could want.....

I'm sorry to moan, I know some people have waited way longer than us, I'm just really shocked that they could want anything else from us.... At least it looks like they've made it on to us May filers still waiting - they must've been sitting in a box somewhere all together so I'm sure the approvals will now start rolling in...

No need to apologize. Of course, everybody starts worrying over an RFE. But I think this is serious in only rare cases. Maybe the USCIS officer just had a bad day and wanted to be stricter. Who knows.

I am also convinced that the end of may filers still waiting were sitting alltogether in some box. You could see these approvals pop up on igor's list all last week. I am happy for you guys though that they found your box. I hope mine is not going to sit in a dusty box like that. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.