Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Of course you can join the club!!!!

And NO you are not crazy for thinking of moving!

The only thing that has kept me from moving to Sweden is I don't want to uproot my 2 boys.

If it weren't for them I would have been living there 6 months ago!!!

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:crying: we will join you today.it has been 180 days as of today.i call and get the same ole run around as alway.this numb nuts told me i cant make a service request.i got notice online dated july 8 that your document i129f was processed and mailed to the address on record yada yada yada.i moved june 1st 2008 and did a legal change of address per website the day i moved(june 1)i never ever recieved anything from them at all.neither did our attorney!!!!!now they are telling me i cant make any service request?i really think someone is dropping the ball and it aint me.its been 6 months now and i see these people from may and even june getting noa2 and im wondering if uscis is discriminating in some form against some people for what ever reasons they may feel or have.i have vented thank you :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Well - from waiting for 6+ months now I have learned a few things.

1) Being apart gets easier as time goes on, It still sucks bad but at least you are not used to being with each other.

2) If you visit each other you will be extremely depressed afterwards.

3) Don't look at what is happening with everyone elses Visa's. It only makes you mad and depressed.

4) Don't plan on being one of the early ones approved. "It won't happen to me" thinking. It can and it sucks even worse when you were planning on being an early one.

Prayers,

Wendy

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
:crying: we will join you today.it has been 180 days as of today.i call and get the same ole run around as alway.this numb nuts told me i cant make a service request.i got notice online dated july 8 that your document i129f was processed and mailed to the address on record yada yada yada.i moved june 1st 2008 and did a legal change of address per website the day i moved(june 1)i never ever recieved anything from them at all.neither did our attorney!!!!!now they are telling me i cant make any service request?i really think someone is dropping the ball and it aint me.its been 6 months now and i see these people from may and even june getting noa2 and im wondering if uscis is discriminating in some form against some people for what ever reasons they may feel or have.i have vented thank you :dance:

if it was processed did they mean u have ur noa2 already? if so did u call the nvc to see if they received it and sent it off and also did u get a hold of the embassy it would have gone to .....to see if they received it?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
i dn't know why nobody answer me?!!!!

our NOA1 23 june 208

are we late now?!

when we should get NOA2

i still confused

if you make a timeline, it will give you an estimated date

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We're almost at six months.. Well about 5, but it feels like longer seeing as they're processing dates way after we submitted ours.. Does anyone know the number to call to actually speak to a human being at USCIS rather than just the machine? We haven't even been touched yet so I'm beginning to wonder if our file has just been left in a box somewhere....

i dn't know why nobody answer me?!!!!

our NOA1 23 june 208

are we late now?!

when we should get NOA2

i still confused

You're not late... I'm personally May 2nd so almost 2 months before you and haven't heard anything. Most people in this discussion are earlier than me too. So, no, you still have a while before you should start to get worried. According to processing times, you're around Dec 23rd. Best of luck to you!!!!

"Absence is to love as wind is to fire; It extinguishes the small and kindles the great." Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

---

Our Timeline:

02/18/07: Met onboard the Disney Wonder

03/01/07: Started dating

05/31/07: Said our first goodbye

01/20/08: Met again in Miami

02/17/08: My first trip to Brazil!

02/20/08: Engaged!!!!!

02/23/08: Left Brazil :(

03/23/08: Met our lawyer

04/28/08: Mailed packet

05/02/08: NOA-1

08/19/08: Back to Brazil!

08/31/08: Left Brazil :(

09/05/08: Touch!

10/14/08: Contacted my Senator

10/17/08: Flew to NYC to spend a day with my noivo!

11/12/08: Touch

11/12/08: NOA-2

11/19/08: NVC Received Case

11/21/08: Case on it's way to Brazil

11/24/08: Case arrived in Rio

12/05/08: Packet 4 Left Rio (Never Received)

12/16/08: Affidavit Received in Brazil

12/19/08: Medical Done.

01/06/09: Interview! APPROVED!

01/12/09: Visa Received!

01/26/09: US Entry(JFK)-EAD Stamp Received

AOS-Adjustment of Status

04/14/09: AOS Sent to Chicago

04/17/09: Wedding

04/21/09: NOA-1 (EAD,I-131,I-485)

05/07/09: Case Transfered to California Service Center

05/14/09: Biometrics Appointment-DONE!

05/14/09: Case now Pending at California Service Cente

05/15/09: Touch-EAD

05/26/09: EAD Approved - Card Production Ordered

05/26/09: I-131 Travel Document Approved

05/29/09: I-131 Travel Document Received

06/02/09: EAD Approval notice sent

06/03/09: EAD Card Received!

07/17/09: AOS Approved-Card Production ordered and Welcome Letter Sent.

07/23/09: Green Card received in mail.

Timeline

:crying:

im having a hard time today.......last year at this time we were waiting impatiently for jan to come cuz thats when they said he would be home now a year has come and gone and we still have not made it thru csc......i dont see an end in site

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

hug9.gif to you my dear friend Sara! You have my shoulders to help you stand!

The disparity of this process both between the two centers and between each couple filing is ridiculous. I can understand and appreciate security checks as well as anyone but the fact that some people have waited this long just for an approved petition with no answers and no accountability for the DHS is just nonsense. They get away with it only because they can.

timeline.jpg

The disparity of this process both between the two centers and between each couple filing is ridiculous. I can understand and appreciate security checks as well as anyone but the fact that some people have waited this long just for an approved petition with no answers and no accountability for the DHS is just nonsense. They get away with it only because they can.

I completely agree.

It can't even be security checks seeing as they're not admitting to the letter they sent you, Sara, and basically telling you to wait all over again.

Just take a look at visa application processes in other countries and see how truly messed up US immigration is. It apparently takes a few weeks to get a UK or India visa, I imagine other countries are similar. Having to wait a year just for an approved petition, for the RIGHT to apply for a visa, whilst not having the chance to either know what is going on with your file or getting to see your loved one is f$$king ridiclous, and I wish people knew how currupt it was.

I hope you find peace Sara, it must be very hard with what time of year it is. If it helps for you to hold onto being an August filer, then by December/January, you should finally get your well deserved approval. I wish you the most speedy approval.

I completely agree.

It can't even be security checks seeing as they're not admitting to the letter they sent you, Sara, and basically telling you to wait all over again.

Just take a look at visa application processes in other countries and see how truly messed up US immigration is. It apparently takes a few weeks to get a UK or India visa, I imagine other countries are similar. Having to wait a year just for an approved petition, for the RIGHT to apply for a visa, whilst not having the chance to either know what is going on with your file or getting to see your loved one is f$$king ridiclous, and I wish people knew how currupt it was.

I hope you find peace Sara, it must be very hard with what time of year it is. If it helps for you to hold onto being an August filer, then by December/January, you should finally get your well deserved approval. I wish you the most speedy approval.

Hi Guys

I'm so glad I found you!! I thought I was one of a very small number of 6 month waiters. Our NA01 was MAy 16th 2008. We had a touch on Oct 1st, then again on 2nd then....nothing. Wot on earth are they doing doing with it?

So it's not true that UK filers get processed quicker. I'm told it's the opposite because we can use a visa waiver to see our fiancees. I'm also frustrated when I look at the MAy filers thread & see that they are awaiting interviews...it's so unfair.

We booked our wedding for Feb 21st '09 thinking that we had plenty of time :crying::crying: and we're now becoming extremely anxious that we won't be able to meet this date.

I wonder i USCIS employees look at this website when they're on their coffee break & have a good old laugh. Feels like it sometimes!

Come on California....

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

:crying: ok,we are now officially at 182.5 days(6 months exactly)so that makes us officially in your club.we got letter dated july 8,2008 saying the k1 was processed and mailed to last know address.its still on the uscis website but my attorney nor we ever recieved.i did move 1st of june and notified them so only god knows where this form mailed is.(or even what it is)i cant get any updates fron national center either.our attorney is mailing letter to them and i think its time to notify senator and congressman about this.uscis website says 6 months right?

Timeline
:crying: ok,we are now officially at 182.5 days(6 months exactly)so that makes us officially in your club.we got letter dated july 8,2008 saying the k1 was processed and mailed to last know address.its still on the uscis website but my attorney nor we ever recieved.i did move 1st of june and notified them so only god knows where this form mailed is.(or even what it is)i cant get any updates fron national center either.our attorney is mailing letter to them and i think its time to notify senator and congressman about this.uscis website says 6 months right?

are u saying they told u that u have ur noa2? but u have not received the hard copy and ur attorney has not received hard copy of the no2?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.