Marlita

Visa Approved WOO HOO!!!!

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well we got the Visa (WOO HOO!!)…well not in hand, but we got the pink slip or whatever and are just awaiting Airpak to deliver it. Praying for a quick turnaround.

Anyway, our interview was 10/21 Tuesday morning. We get to the embassy about 8:50a, interview time was 9:00a. It really doesn’t matter how late or early you get there so long as you get there within their operating hours. There were 2 lines outside. Apparently there were MANY visitor visas that day and not many family based visas. The officer at the door has a list with your name on it. He cross checks this with your interview letter. There are people outside who will take your passport photos and hold your phone for a fee…..JA always on the hustle…gotta love em. We go thru security, just like at the airport but easier. We walk thru the courtyard and assemble in the line that is formed out there. Thank goodness for the shade, it was rather cool and nice. I sat while Evan stood in line. Most everyone in line was a visitor visa….I could tell by the paperwork they had in their hand. There were at least 150-200 visitor and about 54 family based that day.

We entered into the Embassy in groups of 10 or so. I notice we waited awhile in this courtyard due to all the visitor visa folks holding up the line cause they didn’t have their paperwork in order. Once you enter there are 2 men checking your forms and they give you a wait number depending on your visa type of filing. Evan and I finally get to this counter and are able to enter the main room quick since we are CR1 and have sent all paperwork ahead or time. We had nothing new to give them except for the medical form and passport pics. We enter the main room and wait in section A (Pre-Screening area) All visitors are sent to section B. There are TONS of folks there….all looking nervous as ever. You’d think it was a funeral or something in the place.

We wait for our number to be called. Its called after about a 25 minute wait in the main room. We go to a window where the man collects Evans passport pics, look at his passport and then tells me I owe another $20 rass dollars!! Said some foolishness about fees going up since last I paid and ####### and showed me some form that shows different fees. I don’t know if this is USCIS fees or NVC fees. He talked so low with an accent and I was already irritated that these folks wanted more money. Had I not been there Evan would not had been prepared to pay that and would had to of left. I go to another window and pay and then go back to the window with Evan. We are told to go back and wait to be called for the interview.

We sit back down and wait. Finally getting called to the window by the woman who is hoarse. She begins to tell us to raise our right hand but then says “U know what, I can hardly speak and we’re gonna have to ask you questions about your relationship, so I’m goning to give your case to the next officer next to me”. There are only 2 officers taking interview and about 3 taking paperwork. So we go back and sit down again. I get a bit nervous thinking, what kind of embarrassing questions are they gonna ask. Evan gets nervous too. We are quickly called back to the new officers window. She is an American White woman, who seems very pleasant. (We’ve been listening to her the whole time). We get to the window. Evan does his fingerprinting, and we swear in. She asks “So tell me how you two met”. Evan and I look at each other and I smile and say “u wanna tell her” He tells her the story of “the front desk” She smiles at us, then asks “how many times I’ve visted JA since we met”. I say “About 8, I think”. She asks Evan if he has fam in the US, or ever traveled there. He says no, then she just goes right into stapling his passport with the pink slip and talking about airpak, and say thanks (smiley), and “good luck”…

….end of interview and we head out to Airpak, with smiles and a bit shocked as to how simple it all was. It truly was like they already knew they were gonna give the pink slip…she had it at her desk the entire time we were there.

I just want to thank God for all that he has done for our relationship. This has not been an easy journey but I know that it is all in Gods hands and He is working it in the best way for us and for that I am humbled by this experience and very thankful. (L)

We heard other interviews….some didn’t fare to well…so ask away if you want more details about the day.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!...Wow it was really that simple...do you think it was easier because you were there?????......I would like to know how the other interviews went...Please share details....

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Congratulations! We wish you both a future filled with love and happiness together (F)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations Marlita!!!!! :dance:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!...Wow it was really that simple...do you think it was easier because you were there?????......I would like to know how the other interviews went...Please share details....

Well I think it may have been easy regardless of whether I was there or not. But like I said, I needed to pay an additional $20US for the fees, and Evan did not have that much on him. He only had enough for the airpack and stuff. So he would of had to leave the embassy, go get more money, and come back and that would have made him mad.

There were a few times that they tell you to pick up the phone and speak. Thats when you know they have really personal relationship questions to answer. There was a couple that they even split up to ask questions...Evan pointed this out to me. They may have looked like an "odd" couple to the embassy. There were a few men who did not have their SO with them and the officer specifically asked..;'where is your finacee"....they got blue slipped. One guys wife filled out the wrong AOS form and he got blue slipped for just that. He was PISSED!! Stompin and such. I dont know how they got all the way thru NVc to the embassy with the wrong AOS form. The women who were there along got visa quick without their SO present. I really think if you go to the interview with your SO its better. I know you can get it without it but as a JA man without your woman there, you are in for trouble.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats! Best wishes always! :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: Timeline

CONGRATS Lita and Evan...

Lita, you want me to send you a link to the pickney calendar?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
CONGRATS Lita and Evan...

Lita, you want me to send you a link to the pickney calendar?

haha, mi see it. But mi wan wait for mi huzzy fi come and be newlywed first.

CONGRATS on visa approval :dance::dance::dance:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Timeline

Thanks for all the congrats yall. I feel like i been on VJ forever!! I remember so many of you from my days on the CR1 and NVC forums and jsut all the waiting we were all in. Its nice to be about done with it all like all the rest of you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.