almaty

voting

78 posts in this topic

i am off work tomorrow.,...friday,..there is early voting in illinois until oct 31..i plan on hauling some folks i know, who are Obama supporters, to the city hall to vote.. a few of them are my former clients without transportation and a couple of seniors, near my former house..who don't like to drive....all are Dems. , which is not unusual in my county which is heavy dems area...

is anyone else, going to provide transportation for those who lack proper means on election day?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
i am off work tomorrow.,...friday,..there is early voting in illinois until oct 31..i plan on hauling some folks i know, who are Obama supporters, to the city hall to vote.. a few of them are my former clients without transportation and a couple of seniors, near my former house..who don't like to drive....all are Dems. , which is not unusual in my county which is heavy dems area...

is anyone else, going to provide transportation for those who lack proper means on election day?

so you are only hauling obama supporters, eh? :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

yes, since it is my time and gas and vehicle ..i can be as subjective as possible..and no gop or independent who supports, mccain allowed ....

also, no ron paul azzholes..nader self-righteous dickweeds. or bob barr reactionaries ..allowed either

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Timeline
yes, since it is my time and gas and vehicle ..i can be as subjective as possible..and no gop or independent who supports, mccain allowed ....

also, no ron paul azzholes..nader self-righteous dickweeds. or bob barr reactionaries ..allowed either

so it's not about helping people exercise their constitutional rights, it's about helping obama voters vote. :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

your car...you should be able to let anyone you want in it...

I'm voting tomorrow probably...maybe I'll haul some of the people on the bus off to the early voting site with me.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

so it's not about helping people exercise their constitutional rights, it's about helping obama voters vote. :whistle:

that is correct..i get paid to help people...this is my day off..so, i am doing what i desire...

Edited by almaty

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Timeline

that is correct..i get paid to help people...this is my day off..so, i am doing what i desire...

elitist!

:P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hahaha!

but the GOP voters might have some extra $$ to help you with gas, no?

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

elitist!

:P

:yes::lol: ..just joking..no one goes into the human services field for $$, if they do..they need to be invol. commited

hahaha!

but the GOP voters might have some extra $$ to help you with gas, no?

they do..but like Judas..it would be blood money

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I voted yesterday (on my way to work) in Mansfield, TX. I was so excited since it was my first time since Naturalization in Feb this year. However, when I got to work, thinking that was the beginning of a wonderful day, it started going very badly (emotionally) for me.

I called a friend of mine who was also going to be a first time voter. She told me how she and her boyfriend had a huge fight the night before. She's from Laos and came in through Thailand as a Refugee and her boyfriend is a natural born AA. He belittled her and made a huge fuss about how naive she was because she was going to vote. He said "you think your little vote is going to count?" He went on and on about how this country is the worst country in the world and how when he got enough money he was moving to the Caribean. (This from a person who does not take advantage of 401K, no savings account, spends more than he can afford). Can you imagine how my friend suffered in the Refugee camp in Thailand for 5 years trying to come to the US and this bafoon takes the American life for granted!! The way he went so negative on America made be think of the word that flew around last week of "Anti-America".

Then, same morning, I went to pick up a package at the reception and asked the receptionist if she had voted. She said no and she was not going to. Her reason - she is not registered to vote. The reason for not getting registered - She thinks all politicians are liars so whats the point. She is 22 or so years old. She said people should live without Government. I asked her if she knows what the 2 sides' positions are and she had no clue. I asked her if she cashed the last stimulus check this year - answer - yes. Asked her if when she gets laid off from her job, she would get unemployment benefits, answer - yes. I am aware she was brought up by her grandparents. Asked her if her grandparents draw Social Security or Medicare, answer - yes. Asked her if she would like the police, fireman and ambulance to show up at her house if she calls 911, answer - yes. Asked her if she still thought people should live without Government. By this time she was getting my point. She said she had not thought of it that way.

I asked her if she pays income or property tax, she said both. I told her that Government plays a big part of our everyday lives and they do so because we pay them through out taxed property and incomes. It is our duty and constitutional right to demand that our tax dollars serve us well. You do that by voting one way or another to serve your own interest.

She regrets about not voting. And my biggest regret is that I had not talked to her before it was too late. That would have been one extra vote for whoever she believed in.

Edited by Gigli2008

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Congrats on your first vote! :thumbs:

I'm continuously stunned by the huge numbers of people who don't vote for all kinds of lame reasons. And now with the early voting, all of the "I'm too busy" lazy-arsed folks have no excuse.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

We have all mail voting in our county. I already voted.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

good for all the fine americans who voted and will vote...

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg