CasandraYounes

Missing your spouses

96 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It has been 1 year 15 days since I left him the first time...and 5 months 4 days since my last visit with him.

Like S and S....good days then the bad days. Wish I was in one of the good days right now, but I am not. For the first time ever, my husband allowed me to see the toll this is taking on him also, this past Friday....it is very hard for any man to allow you to see him in a weakened state, and anta habibi is NO different!

We talk every night without fail, and we talk on the phone about every other day. We send e-cards, actual letters in the mail, and on the weekend we have our family time together: I speak with my Moroccan family on the cam and he talks with me and the kids, and my parents if they come over.

We also like to reminisce about our times together....it helps to have those memories!

We do not give up....no matter what!

After this Tuesday's 2nd interview....one way or the other we will be together! Either he is coming here or our son and me are meeting him in Spain or London to live.

It is not natural to be away from your spouse like this! It really isn't! Wives are meant to care for their families to nurture them...how can you when the key person is missing? Men are meant to protect and provide for...how can they when there is no one to do that for??

I keep remembering that we are not given more than we can handle....and in the end we will all be stronger for it! Our marriages will be built on a strong foundation, not sand that can so easily be washed away.

Good Night All! :thumbs:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
TinaMsea your timeline freaks me out.....I130 sent 06 approved 08???? Yikes girl!

We have been waiting, apart, for 856 days, not that I'm counting. That's 2 years and almost 5 months since I've seen my husband. Like S and S, we each have our good and bad days. It doesn't get any easier the longer it is and we always hold out hope that one day soon we'll finally be together. But neither of us will give up, even if I have to move there.

Don't let it freak you out martini, it doesn't happen very often. We had some red flags (fast marriage and I didn't get to meet the folks) and they decided to test us for a year before touching our case. That's what I'm guessing. Now we're just waiting for them to send his visa to him. :clock: Don't worry, I pray all the time that everyone else goes faster and smoother.

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
We have been waiting, apart, for 856 days, not that I'm counting. That's 2 years and almost 5 months since I've seen my husband. Like S and S, we each have our good and bad days. It doesn't get any easier the longer it is and we always hold out hope that one day soon we'll finally be together. But neither of us will give up, even if I have to move there.

Its people like you who keep me inspired. I just want you to know that. This waiting is definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done. I'll keep you in my prayers as I know it must be tough for you after all this time.

Thank you, S and S! I'm glad I can inspire instead of worry folks. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but it's made us so strong in our relationship. When it's meant to be.....you wait forever if you have to. Thanks for the prayers. You are in mine too. (F)(F)

Totally agreed about the waiting and meant to be. Also, I wouldn't wish this waiting on anyone. I saw one of those shows where they display old torture devices and how they are used. I keep wondering if I would prefer one of those for 5 minutes as apposed to this more than a year of waiting. Oh well, I certainly know far more about my husband than I did a year ago. I try to see the bright side of things as things can always be worse. It just gets hard after awhile.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You know i am all about the quick rip off band aid then the slow pull too. It seems to be harder on my husband these days its like we are taking turns i've been sick lately and he is just at his end he is done and ready to "come home" I am ready to have him so what i've been doing is shopping for clothes for him when he is here, getting the Arabic channel ready to go on tv, cleaning out the closets... anything to do with extra energy and moving forward.

not sure if that will help you but it does me.... and VJ of course

Timeline
You know i am all about the quick rip off band aid then the slow pull too. It seems to be harder on my husband these days its like we are taking turns i've been sick lately and he is just at his end he is done and ready to "come home" I am ready to have him so what i've been doing is shopping for clothes for him when he is here, getting the Arabic channel ready to go on tv, cleaning out the closets... anything to do with extra energy and moving forward.

lol, glad I'm not the only one thinking that way! Getting ready for my husband always cheers me up. Earlier this year I bought him some summer clothes thinking he would be here by then, of course that didn't happen so now I'm debating winter clothes. I kept closet space open for him this whole time and now I'm moving so it never got used. On a bright note the new house will have a lot more room and I can make things even more comfy for him. That cheers me up and moving will keep me busy. My time on VJ is going to be a lot less starting Monday as that is when I get the keys though the big moving will not come until Saturday. During the week I want to move a lot of little things like curtains and pictures on the walls along with kitchen items and clothes I don't need for the week that can be hung in the closet. All of which are probably better to move in the car anyway and will not require as much packing material. Also, this way there is a lot less to deal with once I do the big furniture moving with the Uhaul truck.

I keep debating the arabic channels as I had them once before and it cost me $100 to put up the extra satellite and there was the $35 fee a month for the channels. I want to wait until he is close to coming though I can always watch the channels myself (I'm just being cheap, lol).

Timeline

oohhhh i got the "dish network" and the arabic channels are just $35 dollars extra not 100 yikes?? but it might be the same and i think it's free to put the statlite up now as i am getting it installed tomorrow

moving always takes a lot good to know and forwarned us.. dont want to worry about you.

is it that house you were talking about earlier?

Timeline
oohhhh i got the "dish network" and the arabic channels are just $35 dollars extra not 100 yikes?? but it might be the same and i think it's free to put the statlite up now as i am getting it installed tomorrow

moving always takes a lot good to know and forwarned us.. dont want to worry about you.

yes, I was talking about dish network. They charged me $100 last time, but this time they said they would do it for free if I sign up for two years service (I keep fighting the contract as I don't want to commit and then be obligated should I need to get rid of the service).

It is the house I was talking about earlier. I'm so excited to move.

Timeline
Rajaa Reda, you are too cute! Good for you!!!! :D

Weekends are my favorite cause we get to spend soooo much time together on the cams. He's my favorite person in the whole world!

:luv: mine too :luv: my best friend, my love, my tomorrows

Timeline

yes, I was talking about dish network. They charged me $100 last time, but this time they said they would do it for free if I sign up for two years service (I keep fighting the contract as I don't want to commit and then be obligated should I need to get rid of the service).

It is the house I was talking about earlier. I'm so excited to move.

wow that's great you got the place!! Cool.. yeah i dont have a contract i told them i didn't want the other stuff and no contract i say keep callign someone but not today. Wait when you're moved in...

ok it's 11 now i gotta sleep

nighty night y'all :hehe:

I just don't understand why it's just so easy for them to issue visas left and right so other Visa Category who doesn't have ties yet. I know all of us doesn't wanted to be apart from our loves ones for so long, regardless of what category it is, I just wish there is more vindication for spouses.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

That’s because you are actually applying for a Green card.

I am not saying you are doing it, but this is the main purpose of CR-1/IR-1 visa, to give permanent residency aka green card to the spouse of American Citizen.

With k-1 or k-3 visa, case is different; SO of American citizen receives their permanent residency after a while of their arrival to US.

Anyways, to OP, pain subdues as time goes by, sure there are times when you feel all gloomy and all but then one tries to adapt to the situation which they are left with. I am away from my husband for 4 years, yes don't be shocked and I don't blame USCIS or anyone, its been all good with immigration process itself, we had other issues, job related, monetary issues, bad business decision, lol long story. But I am hopeful, my husband will be coming next month, so I am looking forward to it, its weird though, I still don't have butterflies in my stomach this time, may be I will have those just one week before he boards his flight and plus I am just so so caught up making plans and everything.

I am scared also, that is the only red flag we have but its ONE BIG ELEPHANT, will see what happens, I just don't wish to say another big long goodbye to him. He says he will come to India if we get rejected, but that would 6 months in India and 6 months in US (working earning money) for him and I don't want to live a life like that, just wish to settle down for good at any place possible, don't care where it is.

Ok I will stop my sorry story, back to having fun people, enjoy your freedom as much as you can and also try to know each others annoying little habits :P

That’s because you are actually applying for a Green card.

I am not saying you are doing it, but this is the main purpose of CR-1/IR-1 visa, to give permanent residency aka green card to the spouse of American Citizen.

With k-1 or k-3 visa, case is different; SO of American citizen receives their permanent residency after a while of their arrival to US.

Ok I will stop my sorry story, back to having fun people, enjoy your freedom as much as you can and also try to know each others annoying little habits :P

I got you...:) we can just always look at the bright side that no matter how long we wait, we have a lot more strikes than others. In another way around, I'm happy for everyone who gets their visas so quick so they can be reunited to their partners.

cheers!

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

same here, been apart 4 months now and it hurts. as i was even reading all your posts here, i felt a tug in my heart and i could see the outpouring of emotion from everyone who is suffering from the separation. the waiting is not easy but once this is over, it will all be worth it. so everyone here, pls keep the faith, let's hang on!

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Timeline

You know I really look up to you because I don't know how I would do it if I had to wait 2 years. I mean I don't know what I would do, but that is something I would have to do. We have to because you love our significant other. The bad days seem really hard. Don't give up and I hope it gets easier for you. Hang in there, trust me, your time will come....

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

I have been also getting ready for that being that I graduate with my BSW in December and that is one thing my husband will miss. I have been getting little things here and there, but have been wondering about the Arabic channels and which company to switch to to get them.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.