Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About SimoAndYvette

  • Rank
  • Birthday January 1
  • Member # 39463

Contact Methods

  • ICQ
  • Yahoo

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    California Service Center
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

5,115 profile views
  1. All, Thank you for your patience in answering all our questions! It has been a LONG time since my husband and I had to work our way through the Immigration Labyrinth! So, we understand that my mother-in-law's (Fatima) visa requires her to enter the U.S. prior to the expiration date of 10/12/17. We are considering having her come here some time in the next 6 weeks, and then she can go back with my husband to finalize everything, a few weeks later. On their return they wanted to have a one week layover in Germany, in order for her to meet her latest grandchild, from my brother-in-law. I have been researching the Schengen Visa. Since she will be a green card holder of the U.S., she still needs some type of tourist visa or the Schengen visa to visit Germany, correct? I was researching it, when we thought we had to hurry and get my husband out there, to finalize everything in Morocco. Their is a Transit visa, for up to 5 days, but am not sure if that is the one we should apply for. Again, so appreciative of all your help!
  2. Thank you all so much for the clarification! This really helped!
  3. Hi! We have 2 quick questions, and hopefully someone can help us..... My MIL had her interview in Casablanca on 4/26. Her IR5 visa was approved on 5/12, but expires on 10/12/17; that is only 5 months and 7 days. However, directly under that it reads, " Upon Endorsement Serves as Temporary I-551 Permanent Resident For 1 Year". Does this mean they will give her an extension, upon entering the U.S.? Also, is there anyway to get that extended? My husband was going to Morocco at the end of August, for Eid, and to prepare things for my sister-in-laws, while he is there. He would then fly back to the U.S, with my MIL on Nov. 2nd. Thanks! Said and Yvette