Cmehat

I received an RFE because they want my fiance's parents info

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We received an RFE because they want my fiance's parents birth certificates. What could this be for? Or is that something we were supposed to send but completely overlooked in the application process? Thanks!

And how long after they receive our RFE does it normally take to continue on with the process? I hope we don't have to wait for another 3 months :S

Cindy

Timeline

That's so odd! I've never heard of that. Is your fiance the American or Canadian?

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Yes, that is very odd. :blink:

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you sure they want birth certifications, and not just the information about the parents who should be listed on her birth certificate? They do ask about parents on the application but it seems odd they'd ask for this (since it might be hard for you or her to get ahold of anyway).

Timeline

Yeah, I know it does seem odd. Well My fiance is the American and I'm the canadian. His mother read him the letter over the phone. That's what he told me which I thought was very odd myself. I guess I'm going to have to wait till he gets home so we can go over the letter properly. I just didn't know if everyone had to send in info like that on the fiance's parents! But thanks I guess I'm gonna have to wait and see.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Yeah, I know it does seem odd. Well My fiance is the American and I'm the canadian. His mother read him the letter over the phone. That's what he told me which I thought was very odd myself. I guess I'm going to have to wait till he gets home so we can go over the letter properly. I just didn't know if everyone had to send in info like that on the fiance's parents! But thanks I guess I'm gonna have to wait and see.

I have no idea if this would affect it- but where your fiance's parents born in the United States? I have no idea why that would really matter, just thought I'd throw it out there...

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We received an RFE because they want my fiance's parents birth certificates. What could this be for? Or is that something we were supposed to send but completely overlooked in the application process? Thanks!

And how long after they receive our RFE does it normally take to continue on with the process? I hope we don't have to wait for another 3 months :S

Cindy

I had received an RFE with my case because they said I missed a question. I filed June 2007 and did not get the RFE until Feb. 2008. I mailed the RFE the very same day and a few weeks later if even that they continued with my case, but yet ti took them about 3 months to approve the case after i got the RFE. If you will have to wait that long tho I can not be sure. Asking for his parent's birth certificates tho i do not think the letter was read correctly to you. they require the birthdates of the parents, but not actual birth certificates. you should ask them to send a copy of the RFE to you or you can go to the USCIS website and type in your case number and it will tell you exactly what is happening with your case.

DkICm5.png

399Um5.png

Timeline

Okay, so I finally found out whats really going on. His birthdate is on the birth certificate but it was posted on another date. I guess they date the birth certificate on the day they file the certificates. So they want a letter from his parents stating his proper birth date and a better copy of the certificate! That clarifies everything for me. Great, now back to waiting...

:unsure: Did your fiance send his long form birthcertificate in?. its asked for in the petition and the long form would have both parents if known their age at birth, state of birth and full name on there? well thats whats on my fiances, and i have to be sure to have my long form too, at the next stage. perhaps his is lacking this info or perhaps as someone suggested before his parents are not native born but naturalised? :unsure:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Okay, so I finally found out whats really going on. His birthdate is on the birth certificate but it was posted on another date. I guess they date the birth certificate on the day they file the certificates. So they want a letter from his parents stating his proper birth date and a better copy of the certificate! That clarifies everything for me. Great, now back to waiting...

Glad to hear it was nothing serious. Good Luck!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

yesss he sent a short form of the birth certificate! so now we gotta get to work. thanks guys.

:unsure: Did your fiance send his long form birthcertificate in?. its asked for in the petition and the long form would have both parents if known their age at birth, state of birth and full name on there? well thats whats on my fiances, and i have to be sure to have my long form too, at the next stage. perhaps his is lacking this info or perhaps as someone suggested before his parents are not native born but naturalised? :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.