Amby

what household chore do you hate the most?

most hated household chore  

84 members have voted

1. 1. what household chore do you hate the most?

• cooking
    • dishes
    • vacuuming
    • yardwork
    • cleaning oven
    • cleaning bathroom
    • dusting
    • washing floors
    • taking out the trash
    • laundry
    • cleaning windows
    • other

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
I chose washing floors....only because no matter how much I swiffer, sweep, vacuum etc, I ALWAYS find trace hairs, cat hairs anything on them as soon as I finish, Also not listed, I hate cleaning the kitty litter....blech!

Im also one of the wierd ones who likes doing laundry (I love the smell of freshly cleaned clothes). One thing I like more than laundry is ironing. I have no idea why! Something about the way it smooths out the wrinkles...its kind of relaxing for me!

Same with a friend I went to school with. She love ironing. So far, she is the only person I know who really enjoy ironing.

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok i guess the one chore I hate the most is ironing.. so I don't do it at all.. only if my hubby needs a dress shirt ironed or something.. he wants me to iron his t-shirts and I tell him, heck no :P his mom ironed everything even his white undershirts that nobody will see :blink: ...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
ok i guess the one chore I hate the most is ironing.. so I don't do it at all.. only if my hubby needs a dress shirt ironed or something.. he wants me to iron his t-shirts and I tell him, heck no :P his mom ironed everything even his white undershirts that nobody will see :blink: ...

too bad we're so far apart! We could do a trade! lol

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

taking out the trash.. i literally throw a temper tantrum.. it's stinky, gross, and our upstairs neighbors always jam their trash in the way of the alley can so no one else can use their designated cans. Gah.. I can't stand our neighbors :angry:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone:

I chose "other" for this poll, as in, the chores that I hate/dislike the most is:

"anything to do with finances/balancing the cheque/check books and paying the bills"

"using the telephone" (for anything, as it's more nusiance than a necessity, in my opinion)

"shopping" (also, more of a nusiance, and a 'waste of money' and 'materialistic', in my opinion)

Don't get me wrong, I can do these tasks. I just find it very frustrating to "deal with numbers", as I can't seem to get it figured out quickly or accurately enough for the bills. And I can't seem to remember any type of numbers without writing them down and/or forgetting the proper sequence of them, especially for telephone numbers. I also don't like "dealing with money", as that just leaves me even more depressed when I have to waste money and time doing the shopping. I'd rather save than shop, really. Thank goodness, my husband is literally the "mathematical" one in the family, so he helps out with that a lot. As well, he likes to help out with "washing the dishes", as he washes them better than I do.

For the most part, my husband and I split the rest of the chores 50/50, and have fun sharing those responsibilites together. After all, what's fair is fair, as we both contribute equally to the household that way and in other ways too.

In contrast, my favourite chores are:

"cooking" (Oh the yummy foods I like to make and we both like to eat afterwards.)

"shoveling the snow" (Thank goodness we get a lot of snow here in NYS!)

"driving" (I definitely do a lot of that, especially since we live in a rural area. Country roads are so relaxing and beautiful)

"painting and re-decorating" (An expression of one's 'creative side' perhaps?)

"gardening and yardwork" (Ahh...the fresh air of the great outdoors...)

"checking the mail" (When the rural mailperson drives by and the flag goes down, it's time to go outside.)

Ant (Hates numbers, phones, and materialism....)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I hate doing the dishes bcz its an all the time job! 2nd I hate changing the cats litter box, they are forever pooping in the box and it stinks awful! and I hate doing laundry. None of those things get me excited.

I do love to vacuum the floors, its very relaxing for me. And I dont mind sweeping the kitchen floor or the outside deck. I love lighting candles, which I do nearly daily -seems like a chore !

Making the bed is only done the day we leave for vacation or if a guest comes over and they may possible need to use our bathroom. Other than that, there is no point to make a bed regardless of what I was told as a kid.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

too bad we're so far apart! We could do a trade! lol

depends on what you are trading...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I wish this were a multiple choice poll!

I chose washing the floors. I absolutely hate it. I hate it so much, I got a iRobot Scooba to do it. Then I read the instructions "do not use on non-sealed hardwood floors" which is exactly what I got it for. UGH! Washing our floors leaves streaks, and I never feel they are super 110% clean.

But I have to say, the Scooba does a great job on ceramic floors. So for any of you complaining about floors, invest in it!

I also hate cooking. I used to like it, but with the lack of participation from my spouse, this once passion has now turned into a chore :( I wish I was Rachel Ray and could whip up 30 min meals everyday.

A woman is like a tea bag: she does not know how strong she is until she is in hot water.

- Nancy Reagan

I hate doing laundry...but I'm lucky...hubby does the laundry for me!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I hate washing the floors!!!!...always have...

this poll reminds me that I need to take the clothes out of the washing machine :blush:

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

I'm gonna sound like a postindustrial housebitch, but I hate emptying the dishwasher. I think it's because I'm not that tall, and I have to strain to reach the cupboards and stuff, and the dishwasher is right in front of the cupboards. I'd rather just wash the dishes and put them away right then, but dishwasher does a much better job than I do.

Since discovering this kick-a$$ toilet bowl cleaner last year, I very much enjoy cleaning the toilet:

MM_LAV_Bowl_72.jpg

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

I hatehateHATE cleaning the bathroom -- since it's the smallest room in the house, there's never enough room to maneuver properly. And since I live with a man, it always looks less than pristine. I shouldn't complain though, because it's one of the chores he does. I only cook, take out the rubbish and change the sheets. He does everything else, which is a pretty good deal in my book.

And Agnes -- love the term "postindustrial housebitch." Must remember to use that one.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que