Karaoke

VSC MARCH FILERS

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ok...I am a little post happy today! I found this phone number online for the VSC. Don't know if it works.

(802) 527-4913

http://www.sysindia.com/immigration/address.html

...if anyone is curious enough to try

March 7, 2008 - Married

March 19, 2008 - I-130 Sent

March 20, 2008 - I-130 Delivered in Chicago, IL 60680 @ 2:44pm; Signed for by V Bustamante

March 26, 2008 - I-130 NOA1

April 2, 2008 - I-129F Sent

April 3, 2008 - I-129F Delivered in Saint Albans, VT 05479 @ 12:05pm; Signed for by P Novak

April 4, 2008 - I-129F NOA1

September 23, 2008 - I-129F RFE1 Sent by USCIS, Request for recent passport-style photos

September 27, 2008 - I-129F RFE1 Received

October 1, 2008 - I-129F Photos sent in responce to RFE1

October 2, 2008 - I-129F Photos delivered in Saint Albans, VT 05479; Signed for by M Hazuda

October 3, 2008 - I-130 & I-129F Case processing resumed

October 14, 2008 - I-130 & I-129F petitions approved

October 16, 2008 - VSC put NOA2s in mail

October 20, 2008 - Received I-130 & I-129F NOA2s

November 7, 2008 - I-129F & I-130 petitions recieved at NVC & NVC says I-129F forwarded to Consulate

November 13,2008 - I-129F appears to have been shipped via DHL website on this date, Tracking #: 9486375732

November 17, 2008 - DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill generated

November 18, 2008 - DS-3032 overnighted to NVC

November 22, 2008 - IIN received in mail; Paid AOS & IV Fee Bills online

November 25, 2008 - AOS & IV Fee Bills rejected; Paid Fees again online (now pending)

November 26, 2008 - AOS & DS-230 packets overnighted to NVC (payments show as paid)

December 16, 2008 - K-3 Visa Interview (now cancelled)

December 2, 2008 - Case complete @ NVC; waiting for interview date to be set

January 16, 2008 - CR-1 Visa Interview

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
You are correct. I guess what I said was not completely true so let me explain in detail what happened. Since I received my RFE1, I tried calling USCIS. The number that is listed on my NOA1 and RFE for the VSC is also the same number listed for the NSC. However, when I called, I would first push the keys to check my case status and then push more keys to speak to a person...which then went to the VSC. The last 2 times that I called...this is what happened but only the last time did I speak to officer Jim with the VSC. Before that the machine said that it was sending me to the VSC and then said that it was busy and forwarded me to the NSC. Again this is what the machine said. However, officer Jim also stated that he was with the VSC. Don't know if this helps anyone or if I just got lucky. Has anyone else had this experience?

Anyways, I wrote 3 of my congressman yesterday. Only Lynn Westmoreland's office called me. I checked my case status today and both of my petitions have been approved! Yeah!

I am certain that more approvals are coming! Hang in there guys and good luck to everyone!

Still, I am curious if anyone else has had the same experience with the phones...anyone?

WOW a big Congrats on your approval ! This is a little good news for the rest of us. I hope we early march filers get approved soon also. BTW did you call or get email or checked website to find out this great news? Also do you think you contacting your congressman had anything to do with the approval?

Edited by robbyrob

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I went online to check my case status this morning and it said that I was approved yesterday. Still my online status yesterday only showed that my case was pending. I guess maybe the website doesn't update until the evening. As for the congressmen...not really sure if they helped at all...I can't really tell on that one. However, I was told by another that the Congressman Lynn Westmoreland that I wrote to does sit on the immigration committee. Still, I don't even know how I got so lucky to already be approved since I know that some of you filed before I did. I feel certain that there will be more approvals soon. Keep the hope alive everyone! My prayers are with you all.

March 7, 2008 - Married

March 19, 2008 - I-130 Sent

March 20, 2008 - I-130 Delivered in Chicago, IL 60680 @ 2:44pm; Signed for by V Bustamante

March 26, 2008 - I-130 NOA1

April 2, 2008 - I-129F Sent

April 3, 2008 - I-129F Delivered in Saint Albans, VT 05479 @ 12:05pm; Signed for by P Novak

April 4, 2008 - I-129F NOA1

September 23, 2008 - I-129F RFE1 Sent by USCIS, Request for recent passport-style photos

September 27, 2008 - I-129F RFE1 Received

October 1, 2008 - I-129F Photos sent in responce to RFE1

October 2, 2008 - I-129F Photos delivered in Saint Albans, VT 05479; Signed for by M Hazuda

October 3, 2008 - I-130 & I-129F Case processing resumed

October 14, 2008 - I-130 & I-129F petitions approved

October 16, 2008 - VSC put NOA2s in mail

October 20, 2008 - Received I-130 & I-129F NOA2s

November 7, 2008 - I-129F & I-130 petitions recieved at NVC & NVC says I-129F forwarded to Consulate

November 13,2008 - I-129F appears to have been shipped via DHL website on this date, Tracking #: 9486375732

November 17, 2008 - DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill generated

November 18, 2008 - DS-3032 overnighted to NVC

November 22, 2008 - IIN received in mail; Paid AOS & IV Fee Bills online

November 25, 2008 - AOS & IV Fee Bills rejected; Paid Fees again online (now pending)

November 26, 2008 - AOS & DS-230 packets overnighted to NVC (payments show as paid)

December 16, 2008 - K-3 Visa Interview (now cancelled)

December 2, 2008 - Case complete @ NVC; waiting for interview date to be set

January 16, 2008 - CR-1 Visa Interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

OK - turns out there is a way you can contact VSC directly. I was shocked, a member on another post explains the sequence.

Call the standard national service center line (800) 375-5283

Then do the following:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 1, enter receipt #

Option 1

Option 3, wait for "If our system"

Option 4

Then hit option 6 (expedite option) - this will send you directly to VSC.

You need to be patient - it takes about 20 minutes to reach a live human. But hey, we are all experts on patience on this site, right?

I finally spoke with a person who was helpful. She said the dates they are working on right now for the I-129F K-3 is April 2 (not that idiotic Feb 1 that is posted on the USCIS website). My NOA 1 is 4/4, so she said that they should be getting to mine very soon. My advice to those who have an NOA 1 (for the I 129-F K3) earlier than mine - call VSC directly, you're gonna get nowhere with the national help line.

Good luck.

-CJ

I went online to check my case status this morning and it said that I was approved yesterday. Still my online status yesterday only showed that my case was pending. I guess maybe the website doesn't update until the evening. As for the congressmen...not really sure if they helped at all...I can't really tell on that one. However, I was told by another that the Congressman Lynn Westmoreland that I wrote to does sit on the immigration committee. Still, I don't even know how I got so lucky to already be approved since I know that some of you filed before I did. I feel certain that there will be more approvals soon. Keep the hope alive everyone! My prayers are with you all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

that's really confusing now...cuz when I last spoke to a 'real' officer, he told me that they process the K-3s based on the I-130 received date. anyways, I hope they get to us within a month.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Well our NOA1 for the K-3 is before Apr. 1 and still got nothing..

Did you talk to an OFFICER/ADJUSICATOR or to a VSC call center? Not that there's a huge difference in professionality... :devil:

OK - turns out there is a way you can contact VSC directly. I was shocked, a member on another post explains the sequence.

Then do the following:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 1

Option 4

You need to be patient - it takes about 20 minutes to reach a live human. But hey, we are all experts on patience on this site, right?

I finally spoke with a person who was helpful. She said the dates they are working on right now for the I-129F K-3 is April 2 (not that idiotic Feb 1 that is posted on the USCIS website). My NOA 1 is 4/4, so she said that they should be getting to mine very soon. My advice to those who have an NOA 1 (for the I 129-F K3) earlier than mine - call VSC directly, you're gonna get nowhere with the national help line.

Good luck.

-CJ

Timeline

I think that sometimes RFE are beneficial, in that when they get the forms back, they give the petition some priority.. Probably there is a person that is in charge of RFE and obviously they handle fewer than standard cases (or maybe are a little smarter and faster than the whole bunch...) and therefore RFE kind of short-track the process and brings you ahead of FIFO process (not that I believe too much in this FIFO joke..)

I tried calling today but all I got was a recording that said " we're sorry but do to a temporary problem with our system we are unable to access your case at this time, please call back later." This is really frustruating! :crying:

Then do the following:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 1

Option 4

Good luck.

-CJ

02/9/09: Sent I-130 package through USPS next day delivery

02/10/09: Package received at the Chicago lockbox

02/17/09:NOA1

02/19/09: Money order cashed

03/04/09: Touched

03/27/09: Touched

03/30/09: Touched

05/05/09: NOA 2

What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger!!

<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytinks.com/love/romantic-snowglobes/snowglobe.swf" FlashVars="g1=Vernice and Franklyn&g2=Hopefully together inBrooklyn in 2009&snow=400&silo=2" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="500" name="Romantic Snow Globes" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.widdlytinks.com">Romantic Snow Globes by WiddlyTinks.com</a></center>

Timeline

Charisma, my point about the VSC info regarding a reporting date of 4/2 is not that I think they've got all of the I129F-K3 apps done, but for the March filers, it at least opens the door to possibly request an inquiry about their cases. You can't even get that far with the national service center reps, because they are operating on the Feb. 1 date.

The VSC agent's (not an adjudicator) response was far from "all comforting", but it was better than anything I've gotten than from my endless calls to the national customer service reps, with is ZERO, listening to them read from a pre-printed card. At this point, I'll take any semi-encouraging info I can get.

-CJ

Did you talk to an OFFICER/ADJUSICATOR or to a VSC call center? Not that there's a huge difference in professionality... :devil:

Then do the following:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 1

Option 4

Good luck.

-CJ

Timeline

CJ as far as I know, you cannot do sXXX until the POSTED date is beyond your receipt date, NOT the date they say on the phone... Anyway, I wish we all didn't need to do ANYTHING after 8 months, but simply get the FRI@@IN" approval!

I am getting VERY EXASPERATED this last two months, apologies for my negativity..

Charisma, my point about the VSC info regarding a reporting date of 4/2 is not that I think they've got all of the I129F-K3 apps done, but for the March filers, it at least opens the door to possibly request an inquiry about their cases. You can't even get that far with the national service center reps, because they are operating on the Feb. 1 date.

The VSC agent's (not an adjudicator) response was far from "all comforting", but it was better than anything I've gotten than from my endless calls to the national customer service reps, with is ZERO, listening to them read from a pre-printed card. At this point, I'll take any semi-encouraging info I can get.

-CJ

Then do the following:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 1

Option 4

Good luck.

-CJ

Timeline

Well, I don't claim to be the USCIS director, but the person yesterday told me to keep checking, and if their date gets past my posted date, they could follow up. Their words, not mine.

Look, I think they are clowns at VSC, too. I check the USCIS website at least 4 times a day, call the national center 3 to 4 times a week, and have spent $4,500 on air fare for trips to Belarus since March. Getting tired of traveling across the world every 11 weeks. What is glaringly apparent is that NO ONE knows exactly what the drill is with those people at VSC. But, when one's options are nothing and nothing, sometimes, any info, even if it is isn't accurate, is better than staring into space and listening to the same re-gurgitated mess every day. I mean, for all of these people who are rallying to write their congressmen (which, by the way, I did too), let's be real about it. What good is THAT gonna do? Most of the people on Capitol Hill got elected on an anti-immigration stance. And, now, all of a sudden, these people are our savior to "pressure" USCIS? Puh-leeze.

I'm just as angry & cynical as you are (I'm pushing 7 months), but, for me, this is a situation that compares somewhat to being in prison with your only chance of parole being someone who gets too many holdays off work arbitrarily deciding you are worthy. Immigration lawyers can do nothing to help. Mine was a former immigration judge, and he basically admitted to me that all I would be doing is paying him $2,000 to fill out forms I could file myself. The government has no obligation to process our spouses. They can deny them for any reason, including "I'm in a bad mood today, I think I'll reject this applicant", and we have NO recourse to challenge it. When in a situation like that, I'll take any good news I can get, be it fact or BS.

CJ as far as I know, you cannot do sXXX until the POSTED date is beyond your receipt date, NOT the date they say on the phone... Anyway, I wish we all didn't need to do ANYTHING after 8 months, but simply get the FRI@@IN" approval!

I am getting VERY EXASPERATED this last two months, apologies for my negativity..

-CJ

Then do the following:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 1

Option 4

Good luck.

-CJ

Timeline

Haha, I see! I prefer to hope based on trends and facts (that I see here on VJ), rather than on VSC's BS.

I totally see your point: the jail metaphor is very fitting. I guess one does anything to stay alive in jail.

Let's see if/when the dates get update to. With so many March people still not approve I wager they will keep them at Feb. 1 or perhaps move it to Feb. 15!

Timeline

Ya I don't disagree.

Well, I don't claim to be the USCIS director, but the person yesterday told me to keep checking, and if their date gets past my posted date, they could follow up. Their words, not mine.

Look, I think they are clowns at VSC, too. I check the USCIS website at least 4 times a day, call the national center 3 to 4 times a week, and have spent $4,500 on air fare for trips to Belarus since March. Getting tired of traveling across the world every 11 weeks. What is glaringly apparent is that NO ONE knows exactly what the drill is with those people at VSC. But, when one's options are nothing and nothing, sometimes, any info, even if it is isn't accurate, is better than staring into space and listening to the same re-gurgitated mess every day. I mean, for all of these people who are rallying to write their congressmen (which, by the way, I did too), let's be real about it. What good is THAT gonna do? Most of the people on Capitol Hill got elected on an anti-immigration stance. And, now, all of a sudden, these people are our savior to "pressure" USCIS? Puh-leeze.

I'm just as angry & cynical as you are (I'm pushing 7 months), but, for me, this is a situation that compares somewhat to being in prison with your only chance of parole being someone who gets too many holdays off work arbitrarily deciding you are worthy. Immigration lawyers can do nothing to help. Mine was a former immigration judge, and he basically admitted to me that all I would be doing is paying him $2,000 to fill out forms I could file myself. The government has no obligation to process our spouses. They can deny them for any reason, including "I'm in a bad mood today, I think I'll reject this applicant", and we have NO recourse to challenge it. When in a situation like that, I'll take any good news I can get, be it fact or BS.

-CJ

Then do the following:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 1

Option 4

Good luck.

-CJ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
ANY one of the above (VSC March filers with last touches in May for I-130 and probably mid. April for I-129K) got ANYTHING at all yet? I mean, touches, approvals, info from an officer?? anyone talked to the wan#### recently?

PLEASE give us a sign that they are working on us! I'm starting to worry that not even this month we will see ANYTHING.

:angry:

I got approved for both Sept. 5th. No expedite.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.