beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Have you guys noticed that besides August 08 VSC and July 08 CSC, we are the most active thread in this section? And since they are a few months ahead of us, we could surpass them in the same time frame.

I believe what it bespeaks is the community we've formed. I was talking a bit about VJ to my father yesterday and he said "Seems like you got a support group there." I reiterated what others have said, "Most other people do not understand the process and what we're going through, but these folks certainly do."

Thank you all, for you

Yes, thank you to everyone on this thread!!!

It is a wonderful support group because nobody

else can even try to understand this process unless

they have gone through it-I cannot imagine all the

waiting and worrying if I did not know about VJ and I

was not able to check our thread 50 times per day!!

Just had a thought ??? Are any of you peeps on facebook? If so I am in the Houston, Texas Network and my name is spelled Michele Hill add me if you want would be cool to keep in touch that way as well x

I love coming here. I told friends & family that we got our NOA 2 and they were like - whats that? by the time I explain Dept of Homeland security and then State Dept, blah blah - I get "oh. Congratulatons". very anti-climatic. Thanks to all of you for being here. :star:

For those holding out for theirs, its coming! I hold out a lot of hope that you get yours soon. Its enough to make you crazy! :wacko:

dont feel bad Kristin, I told my friends and family "we got an approval" all happy and smiling, the response I got was "good so will he be here by next week?" I was just like forget it I am not gonna try to explain anything to you AGAIN and I just said "not next week but hopefully within the next couple of months" Gotta love VJ

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This thread helped me a lot :lol: during my whole visa process plus the company of the people from this thread as we have similar needs and common things which is the waiting stage...the never ending wait until your NOA2 arrives...as if you have reached the finnish line by then hahaha

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I feel the same way, unless you are in this same waiting game day in and day out, when you tell a friend "We got approved, now we are just waiting for the interview" they're like "Oh yea, when is he coming?!?!!" or even "that seemed quick!" I'm like "ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME???? QUICK?????" They truly have no idea what all is involved, the expense, the stress, the paperwork, etc. So thank you VJ and especially thanks to "October 08 K1 Filers Vermont Service Centre" :D

m & m and Ruby, we are here for you and we will be overjoyed with you when you get your NOA2's - we know what it means!!!!!

Those looking for tickets, don't forget that one way is not your only option. You can always buy a round trip and then just call and cancel (or just not show up for) the second leg. Round trip often is cheaper and sometimes you can even reschedule the second leg if you can find a cheaper one way later...

I keep looking for the ticket for April 19th for Josue to come back with me, but I can't buy until after we have the visa in hand. But it looks like round trip is definitely going to be cheaper for us!

Oh and ThaitoUSA - I'm in Lynchburg!!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So that means that I'm the only regular who fell into the black whole??? :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Your app may be "delayed", but I'm sure it will get there.

How about it people, we are going to stay around and hold her hand until it does get approved aren't we? :yes:

What about me???? :huh: Dont leave me

Yes Ruby, M&M and everyone else still waiting we are still prayig for you and are here for you for support. If it wasnt for VJ I dont know how I would have made it this far so I am going to stick around knowing that I can still get great advise and hoping that I can help someone else.

Awe thats really nice lovesponge Thankyou.... How are you?

I am ok, I lost the pregnancy though it was a little hard but it was very early so I am getting over it. It was weird I took 3 pregnancy tests on Saturday and Sunday and they were all positive and I started bleeding on Friday. I called the dr and she said it could be an early loss where during cell division the chromosomes were abnormal and it ended the pregnancy she said it was very common but most women dont even realize it because their period is late but then it comes just a lot heavier??? I dont know but hopefully my boo will be here soon so we can keep trying :yes:

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
So that means that I'm the only regular who fell into the black whole??? :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

How about it people, we are going to stay around and hold her hand until it does get approved aren't we? :yes:

Yes Ruby, M&M and everyone else still waiting we are still prayig for you and are here for you for support. If it wasnt for VJ I dont know how I would have made it this far so I am going to stick around knowing that I can still get great advise and hoping that I can help someone else.

I am ok, I lost the pregnancy though it was a little hard but it was very early so I am getting over it. It was weird I took 3 pregnancy tests on Saturday and Sunday and they were all positive and I started bleeding on Friday. I called the dr and she said it could be an early loss where during cell division the chromosomes were abnormal and it ended the pregnancy she said it was very common but most women dont even realize it because their period is late but then it comes just a lot heavier??? I dont know but hopefully my boo will be here soon so we can keep trying :yes:

(F) I am so so sorry to hear this.

Piw8m5.png

12.28.07 ♥ Met in atlanta through mutual friends

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

2.19.09 ♥ Case Left NVC for Sweden!

3.2.09 ♥ Medical:Passed!

3.4.09 ♥ Packet 4 Received

3.12.09 ♥ Interview: APPROVED

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.1.09 ♥ POE: Atlanta

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

4.30.09 ♥ AOS Package Arrived, Signed for by J. Chyba @ 12:23

5.05.09 ♥ NOA 1 AOS, EAD, AP

5.09.09 ♥ NOA 1 Hardcopy Rec'd

6.03.09 ♥ Biometrics Completed

6.04.09 ♥ AOS & EAD Touch

6.12.09 ♥ Case Transferred to CSC

6.16.09 ♥ Email Approval Notice from CRIS for AP!!

6.19.09 ♥ EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

8.25.09 ♥ GC Production Ordered

8.31.09 Green Card Received in the mail

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Me to... I am so sorry to hear that (F) I had the same thing happen to me, it is quite common, although it doesnt make you feel any better hearing that. I have 3 children now, so it didnt prevent future pregnancies. I hope your other half will be by your side soon x M x That is so weird just had Deja Vu????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Oh and ThaitoUSA - I'm in Lynchburg!!

I know. That is how come I mentioned it. Don't happen to know the Ditterline family, do you?

Lovesponge, sorry to hear, but it very well could have been for the best. I am sure your fiancé shall be happy to oblige.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that Lovesponge.

And of course I'll still be arround until we are all approved! Michele, I'm about to add you on Facebook.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
dont feel bad Kristin, I told my friends and family "we got an approval" all happy and smiling, the response I got was "good so will he be here by next week?" I was just like forget it I am not gonna try to explain anything to you AGAIN and I just said "not next week but hopefully within the next couple of months" Gotta love VJ

Hahhahaa! WE WISH it was that easy! At least for the AOS process we will be with our SOs. :wacko:

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So sorry to hear this Lovesponge.. (F) (F) (F)

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

I am so sorry. This is very common, more than most people think. You sound like you have a good perspective on the situation but regardless it is hard.

This site has been amazing and we are all going through the same thing. It is like living in a virtual college dorm. The waiting the excitement and disappointment is shared by everyone. If you feel alone in your waiting just remember that we have all been there. I still check the list and get excited for a good day and annoyed at the slow days. BTW That date of the 23rd is still there...who do I email? I am into the Facebook idea and lets create a group something like 'I lived through a Visa Journey and live to tell' OK that name is really bad. Any ideas? I will create the group but I need a good name.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Timeline

I am so sorry. This is very common, more than most people think. You sound like you have a good perspective on the situation but regardless it is hard.

This site has been amazing and we are all going through the same thing. It is like living in a virtual college dorm. The waiting the excitement and disappointment is shared by everyone. If you feel alone in your waiting just remember that we have all been there. I still check the list and get excited for a good day and annoyed at the slow days. BTW That date of the 23rd is still there...who do I email? I am into the Facebook idea and lets create a group something like 'I lived through a Visa Journey and live to tell' OK that name is really bad. Any ideas? I will create the group but I need a good name.

Visa Journey support Group?

Timeline

Arrgghh I am rubbish with stuff like that anyone else??? I think it's a great idea though!!! :dance:

Arrgghh I am rubbish with stuff like that anyone else??? I think it's a great idea though!!! :dance:

I will create the group next week but lets wait for a few more suggestions...I like yours though.

K-1

AOS, EAD, AP

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

I just looked and there are already two groups. One called just 'Visa Journey' and another called 'K3 Family - Visa Journey'. So maybe a group specific to the K-1 or October filers depending on how specific we want to be.

K-1

AOS, EAD, AP

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.