• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thank you :D It is nice to be around those who are going through the same thing.

Welcome!

Well our petition has been at USCIS 100 days. Certainly seems a lot longer than that.

My fiance's computer no longer works on video conference, it keeps overheating :(. Hurry up USCIS I want to see my sweetie soon!

-Richard

We are quite in the same boat, I can't see my fiancee anymoe on webcam, somehow her internet connection dramatically dropped in speed so she can only see me but I can't see her. Luckily a few more weeks for me and this should all be over.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

welcome to this october waiting room....you should introduce yourself B) we had our introduction already months ago and you can read back maybe on pages 15? hahha i cant remember when and what pages since we have been together here for more than 3 months already.... go ahead and tell us something about yourself and how you met your SO.

Thank you :D It is nice to be around those who are going through the same thing.

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

My fiance's computer no longer works on video conference, it keeps overheating :(. Hurry up USCIS I want to see my sweetie soon!

-Richard

Richard ... Dude ... I FEEL for You !!!! I would be ' jumping off a bridge ' if We lost use of Web Cam ... We were last together on 28 Aug 2008 and I am trying for a PI VISA to go back to UZ either in Feb or ASAP .... its stuck in UZ red tape since 31 Oct 2008 :wacko: ...

hey maybe she can find a PC guru or get to a local Internet Cafe with Web Cam so you can get a " Sladkaya Fix " in the mean time B)

I see you live in NH can you drive over to VSC and let them know they got a few hundred K1 couple " very fustrated " !!! :lol:

You and Marina will be in Our Thoughts and Prayers ! Hang-in there !!

Charles

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks...I think I will take a look too at everyone's introduction here. I'm still new to everything. Well, I guess I sorta introduced myself in one of the earlier posts here and on my profile itself...but I will tell a little about myself and my fiance.

I went to the philippines for some schooling back in 2003. I met my fiance who also attended the same school. Our paths crossed at a mutual friends' party. We introduced ourselves and started dating shortly after. Once I graduated in 2005, I returned to the states. My fiance and I had no ifs or buts about us continuing our relationship because we knew marriage was in our future. I've been back to visit him since I left but definitely not as often as I would like. Our longest being apart was 2yrs. But, we are as crazy and more deeply in love with each other despite the years we've spent apart. :luv: Thank goodness for phone calls and webcams because we've been able to see each other practically everyday. They certainly have made things easier.

That pretty much is my story in a nutshell. I hope we all soon get some really good news :P

79ya8h4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancee and myself are both teachers. We met while I was living in Thailand and we've kept a long distance relationship for nearly 3 years. The decision came to get married and live together in America. We are waiting till July, when her contract expires and we can get married over the summer. We are confident the visa will be obtained by that time, but as each VJ'er shares her story, it becomes apparent that nothing is certain, even in the world of immigration. Our relationship is not on hold, as it has continued to grow whether together or apart. All the best to your relationship and the journey.

Timeline

again welcome...i only realized you are also from the philippines after your introduction....nice to know i'm not alone in here that there are other Filipinos out there seeking for NOA2 who filed october. i hope we do get our noa2 soon and who knows maybe me and your SO might have the same interview day at the us embassy. good luck to us and everyone out there.

Thanks...I think I will take a look too at everyone's introduction here. I'm still new to everything. Well, I guess I sorta introduced myself in one of the earlier posts here and on my profile itself...but I will tell a little about myself and my fiance.

I went to the philippines for some schooling back in 2003. I met my fiance who also attended the same school. Our paths crossed at a mutual friends' party. We introduced ourselves and started dating shortly after. Once I graduated in 2005, I returned to the states. My fiance and I had no ifs or buts about us continuing our relationship because we knew marriage was in our future. I've been back to visit him since I left but definitely not as often as I would like. Our longest being apart was 2yrs. But, we are as crazy and more deeply in love with each other despite the years we've spent apart. :luv: Thank goodness for phone calls and webcams because we've been able to see each other practically everyday. They certainly have made things easier.

That pretty much is my story in a nutshell. I hope we all soon get some really good news :P

K1 Timeline

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Might be a typo

I know - thus the smirk :blush:

ooops! didn't even see that...but yeah...BIG typo...she's 18months old ;) Thanks for bringing it up!....it's too late to edit now....

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone. I posted about a week ago saying I might have to cancel the visa process since my fiance called off our relationship...I still don't know what's really happening and what we are gonna do about this whole thing.

anyway just letting you guys know our I-129F has been approved on 21st (took 110 days). what a pity....but just wanted you guys to know it's on the way. hang in there everybody. it'll be soon!! I really wish all of you out there sacrificing so much to be able to be with their loved one as soon as possible...

much love,

Ayu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all and welcome to the new additions! :)

The more I read about people who got married in the US THEN filed the paperwork, the more I think that's what we should've done...especially with how slow VSC is moving now! From what I've read from other VJers, it is not fraud if it's an honest and true loving relationship. My finacé kept on telling me that it would be better that way (non-K1 way), but I kept saying "I'm not about to move to the States and become an 'illegal alien'!!!" I can be soooo hard headed!

oh well too late now! Any one else have or had that debate?

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Timeline

yup i was also planning to do that coz i have a valid tourist visa but my parents wanted me to do it the legal and right way so we chose the K1 instead of suddenly getting married while my SO was visiting me in the Philippines. I know a few people who entered using a tourist visa then got married in the usa and no problems they were able to change their status. i also wish i did that route coz vsc is so slow i was hoping to be in america by march but i think it is already impossible to have my civil wedding on the 16th of april but still praying hard for that...nothing is impossible i guess :innocent:

The more I read about people who got married in the US THEN filed the paperwork, the more I think that's what we should've done...especially with how slow VSC is moving now! From what I've read from other VJers, it is not fraud if it's an honest and true loving relationship. My finacé kept on telling me that it would be better that way (non-K1 way), but I kept saying "I'm not about to move to the States and become an 'illegal alien'!!!" I can be soooo hard headed!

K1 Timeline

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Well, since every time Johan has been here in the States has been under VWP it would have been hard

to explain that he came here without the intent to immigrate .......

But, now I wish I had taken a year or two off, moved to Sweden (where the residency & work permit application is 3-4 pages, takes 6 months max, and costs $50 USD), gotten married, and done the consular filing option...then come back...

Piw8m5.png

12.28.07 ♥ Met in atlanta through mutual friends

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

2.19.09 ♥ Case Left NVC for Sweden!

3.2.09 ♥ Medical:Passed!

3.4.09 ♥ Packet 4 Received

3.12.09 ♥ Interview: APPROVED

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.1.09 ♥ POE: Atlanta

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

4.30.09 ♥ AOS Package Arrived, Signed for by J. Chyba @ 12:23

5.05.09 ♥ NOA 1 AOS, EAD, AP

5.09.09 ♥ NOA 1 Hardcopy Rec'd

6.03.09 ♥ Biometrics Completed

6.04.09 ♥ AOS & EAD Touch

6.12.09 ♥ Case Transferred to CSC

6.16.09 ♥ Email Approval Notice from CRIS for AP!!

6.19.09 ♥ EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

8.25.09 ♥ GC Production Ordered

8.31.09 Green Card Received in the mail

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

YES, sort of. I actually lived for 4 years in my fiance's country. Before I left, we didn't research K-1 visas enough to know the long time they took. I am constantly kicking myself for not marrying and doing DCF in Auckland before I moved back to the US last summer. Once I realized the long time a K-1 takes, it was too late for me to relocate back to NZ to establish residency again and DCF.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.